Forum

New Ads Feedback Thread!

Created 13th September 2011 @ 22:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

ashkan

We recently added a new ad to the right, below the menu bars ->

We want to know if you find it annoying.
Have you experienced any bugs with it? On your mobile device, perhaps?
How could it be optimized?
Etc.

As always when it comes to feedback threads, the thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Please keep it civil.

davesan

epx^
Panda

would be better if you removed the skyscraper and moved the new one down the bottom, seems more targeted though…

ps. can you not get a partnership with heaven media for ads – would be far better quality and way more targeted.

octochris

(0v0)

As someone who blocks ads at their router, I’d like to say: thanks for the two huge blank boxes :D

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from octochris

As someone who blocks ads at their router, I’d like to say: thanks for the two huge blank boxes :D

Skyride

DUCS

It’s a fucking mess.

You have actual sponsors, you don’t NEED monstrous fucking ads all over the site. It looks fucking disgraceful and cheapens the site hugely. That will genuinely make me reconsider sending people to etf2l when they want to check out comp tf2. Just send them directly to pixel/vanilla/idk|ne mix guys.

Get rid of the ads entirely. All that’s showing is dodgy scam gaming websites.

AnimaL

ty for fixing that alignment bug when disabling the add <3

choiie

keso

Ontopic: first time I ever noticed ads on this site.

ashkan

Derailing content removed.
Chris, dodgydogman and dauk get one day off each.
Keep giving feedback.
Remember that feedback threads are strictly moderated.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from ashkan

Derailing content removed.
Chris, dodgydogman and dauk get one day off each.
Remember that feedback threads are strictly moderated.

0.o

I’m done.

LOLiver

.flac

well if etf2l need the money to continue hosting etc from advertising , i couldn’t give a shit. At leasts its not like the pop ups which blocks the whole webpage from view.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I don’t care about ads.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from LOLiver

well if etf2l need the money to continue hosting etc from advertising , i couldn’t give a shit. At leasts its not like the pop ups which blocks the whole webpage from view.

They don’t though. Multiplay provides them with hosting, completely for free, and the only thing they ask in return is that sponsorship banner you see on the right.

Instead they get less page space/prominence than some random shitty google ad. Talk about not doing right by your sponsors :

AnimaL

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

They don’t though. Multiplay provides them with hosting, completely for free, and the only thing they ask in return is that sponsorship banner you see on the right.

what about site development?!?! multiplay doing that for them aswell?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Pay $1 a month for ad-free etf2l. How about that.

LOLiver

.flac

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

so whats the main reason for the new add then? just extra revenue?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »