Forum

ETF2L Pickup

Created 18th September 2010 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Just an fyi people, #pixeltf2.pickup has (as I said it would) managed to un-dead itself. 11 pickups in the last 24hrs, last one started 20mins ago.

Also, spoke to some people, and we will be starting #pixeltf2.open fairly soon. Just need to modify the bot to ignore the invite list and its all good. :)

Idle there lads, it’ll be all good. :)

Chaos from ne will be main admin, and hes putting together a team to manage the channel.

jgmaster

BM

Does this mean the skill requirements in the invite channel are going to be raised?

Chaos

BAT

nope

#pixeltf2.pickup will remain the exact same as it is :)

Marshy

Is there no form of pickup for TF2 which is not invite only and is working consistently?

Quoted from Marshy

Is there no form of pickup for TF2 which is not invite only and is working consistently?

tf2lobby, tf2.pug.na and new pixelpickup (when it starts)

Marshy

Great where can I find news about this channel because I think TF2 deserves something like this, for instance Cs:S has many channels allowing people to get straight into mixes and even an entire website. I am suprised something similiar for TF2 has not already been made.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Marshy

and even an entire website.

ermmmm: http://tf2lobby.com/

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

6 pages of debate to something that can be fixed using my project, but still queue is empty, intresting tf2 community, i don’t get why i’m still trying to do it.

FYI: yes, no progress for months, no coder -> no work, idiot high-school doesnt learn me PHP and JS, but fucking C++ next year.

Dummy

Quoted from Nigh

6 pages of debate to something that can be fixed using my project, but still queue is empty, intresting tf2 community, i don’t get why i’m still trying to do it.

FYI: yes, no progress for months, no coder -> no work, idiot high-school doesnt learn me PHP and JS, but fucking C++ next year.

you could you know, learn it yourself in your free time since you’re so passionate about this project

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

citing dotfloat: “you can’t code, don’t try”.

PS: To be a bad guy, if i find someone from Romania to code it, i promise it will be exclusive for Romania, you have been warned :D

Marshy

Lol Monkeh, thanks for the link I am not aware of these things lol, fairly new to the scene cheers.

Quoted from Nigh

PS: To be a bad guy, if i find someone from Romania to code it, i promise it will be exclusive for Romania, you have been warned :D

You sure that there are enough Romanian tf2 players to populate not a single pickup channel, but a whole tf2lobby ripoff?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Dummy

you could you know, learn it yourself in your free time since you’re so passionate about this project

Stwn, thats another insightful post, you’re on a fucking roll mate. :D

Ye bassically this tbh. Nightbox, there has never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever been a good programmer who wasn’t self-taught. I started learning PHP when I was 15, First time I’d ever programmed anything, really didn’t have the slightest fucking clue what I was doing, but I googled away like a boss, and got there.

Stop acting like a child and expecting people to jump in and do things for you when at the end of the day, you’re just going to take all the credit for their work.

and if you (or anyone else) wants to learn PHP, here is the fantastic tutorial that I originally used to pick up the basics of PHP (its so good, I still have it bookmarked so I can link people it nearly 3 years later): http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Stwn, thats another insightful post, you’re on a fucking roll mate. :D

Ye bassically this tbh. Nightbox, there has never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever been a good programmer who wasn’t self-taught. I started learning PHP when I was 15, First time I’d ever programmed anything, really didn’t have the slightest fucking clue what I was doing, but I googled away like a boss, and got there.

Stop acting like a child and expecting people to jump in and do things for you when at the end of the day, you’re just going to take all the credit for their work.

and if you (or anyone else) wants to learn PHP, here is the fantastic tutorial that I originally used to pick up the basics of PHP (its so good, I still have it bookmarked so I can link people it nearly 3 years later): http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

Oh yeah, i knew about that guide.

For people curious about projects under my lead: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96355 succes ? yes, take full credit ? no

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Nigh

Oh yeah, i knew about that guide.

Probably because I linked you it at some point? :D

For people curious about projects under my lead: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96355 succes ? yes, take full credit ? no

Ok, lets see. Mike – for those of you who aren’t familar – is the original creator of the TF2DM plugin. This “project” that nightbox was “leading”, was probably about a few hours work to the guy, and given how buggy it sounds by that thread, isn’t even finished.

edit: and it actually looks like the project has been entirely taken over by someone else literally just yesterday.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »