Forum

ETF2L Pickup

Created 18th September 2010 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

This is so obvious I’m sure someone has suggested it before…

Now that Multiplay are our sponsors, why not combine ETF2L with ailing #mpuktf2.pickup in some tf2lobby-esque web platform?

You can easily skill filter, block banned players, etc based on the ETF2L database.

How hard would it be to code something like that to work with WordPress?

Would be great PR too! :>

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

I like this idea

#pixeltf2.pickup is active enough, tbh.

huhystah

+1 go go go

alfa

Go for it!

yin

would be great :o nice idea admirable

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from Admirable

block banned players

>:[

octochris

(0v0)

there’s no need with pixelpickup running.

besides, the admins at etf2l don’t even have the time to allow people to add small functionality like a splitter for the recruitment section (ie just giving them access to add it… not even code it themselves) — how they would find time to do this is beyond me.

dougiie

CotC

pixelpickup is fine, since it goes on etf2l players only anyways….

Skyride

DUCS

Hmm… The whole skill filter/banned players thing could easily be done without any access to ETF2L’s database (infact I even considered it when I first looked into making #pixeltf2.pickup) but I decided against for the simple reason that I think its too much power for one entity to hold.

Right now ETF2L is the only league that people really care about (aside from the top teams). I think that lying all services for an entire game on an entity (which is already understaffed) is just banging the nails into the coffin of TF2. Its growing because other entities such as ESH, multiplay, vanillatf2, etc are getting involved.

The road to ruin was paved with good intentions

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Admirable

This is so obvious I’m sure someone has suggested it before…

Now that Multiplay are our sponsors, why not combine ETF2L with ailing #mpuktf2.pickup in some tf2lobby-esque web platform?

You can easily skill filter, block banned players, etc based on the ETF2L database.

How hard would it be to code something like that to work with WordPress?

Would be great PR too! :>

http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-10726/?recent=213573

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-10726/?recent=213573

How’s that working out? Last I heard it was still the photoshop’d design ideas stage.

I’m not being a cock, but I first heard about it like 5 months ago, and there’s literally not even a working concept yet. Meanwhile I’ve wrote a bot from scratch and had a pickup channel active for about 2 months.

You can’t just make noise about something and not follow through.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

You are coder, I’m not. Thats how you wrote a bot.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Nigh

No, I’m jack of all trades. You’re average at one and cba to learn another.

Quoted from Nigh

skyride stole everything from F2.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »