Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

alba

duplo

Great work casual, Keep it comming!! i <3 you

Odissius

Why are there so many butthurt scrubs in this thread?

Using 105-110 FOV is in no way an “unfair advantage”. People who think an extra 15-20 degrees on the sides is some kind of huge gameplay changer are simply uninformed and/or delusional.

For me, OpenPlugin was a god send. 90FOV in TF2 is just too narrow and gives me headaches. My brain is like, “What is going on? My peripheral vision is blocked!”

Casual is an awesome dude for putting in the work to figure this out for us. I wait with bated breath for the release with FOV capabilities.

Odissius

Also, something I am curious about…

A specific sensitivity that we had gotten used to @ 105 or 110 (or w/e custom FOV you were using) will not feel the same at 90FOV.

If my sens was 1.55 @ 105 FOV, how should I adjust it now that I am forced to play at 90 FOV? Should I just keep it the same or should it be decreased/increased?

laerin

-9w-

Quoted from Odissius

Also, something I am curious about…

A specific sensitivity that we had gotten used to @ 105 or 110 (or w/e custom FOV you were using) will not feel the same at 90FOV.

If my sens was 1.55 @ 105 FOV, how should I adjust it now that I am forced to play at 90 FOV? Should I just keep it the same or should it be decreased/increased?

You can still use OpenPlugin to get your higher fov. If you check the thread/github page for it, you can get the latest version which just uses a .dll file that you put in your teamfortress/bin folder.

As for changing fovs, you still have the same cm/360 value, but the distance your crosshair travels across your screen in relation to your mouse movement will be different now. To make it easier to understand, zooming in on the sniper rifle sets your fov to 20. With a value of zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1 (the default), it reduces your sensitivity to the point where it’ll still feel the same, but if you try and do a 360, you’ll notice you have to move your mouse a lot more. If you set zoom_sensitivity_ratio to 4.5 (I think it’s 4.5), it’ll make it so the sensitivity stays the same when you zoom in, but you’ll notice it’ll be really hard to aim like that since your sensitivity will seem really high.

If you’re changing fovs, you can keep it the same if you want for the same cm/360 or you can use this http://kyto.dez.fi/ql/zoomsens/index.php to work out what value you need to make it feel the same. Put your new fov in the Zoom FOV box.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from laerin

If PREC had to be used in this way, I don’t think many people would be completely against it.

I think if PREC was like this same people against this would just type record on console or use script/binds to record, just saying.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from laerin

I don’t think the method is really that important. If PREC had to be used in this way, I don’t think many people would be completely against it. PREC and Openplugin are pretty similar in the fact they allow you to do things you already could do but more conveniently.

Wow are you being serious? PREC and OpenPlugin are in no way similar. At all.

1. PREC is signed by Valve. Whatever it does has their approval.
2. PREC doesn’t hack itself into the game

PREC allows you to do things that are already possible just more conveniently. For OpenPlugin this is not the case. OpenPlugin allows you change stuff that you’re not normally allowed to change without sv_cheats or other limitations.

PREC is a signed plugin. OpenPlugin is a hack. Don’t use it.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Wow are you being serious? PREC and OpenPlugin are in no way similar. At all.

1. PREC is signed by Valve. Whatever it does has their approval.
2. PREC doesn’t hack itself into the game

PREC allows you to do things that are already possible just more conveniently. For OpenPlugin this is not the case. OpenPlugin allows you change stuff that you’re not normally allowed to change without sv_cheats or other limitations.

PREC is a signed plugin. OpenPlugin is a hack. Don’t use it.

picmip – use rivatuner etc programs
fov – tinker with resolutions

???

Odissius

Quoted from laerin

[…]

You can still use OpenPlugin to get your higher fov. If you check the thread/github page for it, you can get the latest version which just uses a .dll file that you put in your teamfortress/bin folder.

As for changing fovs, you still have the same cm/360 value, but the distance your crosshair travels across your screen in relation to your mouse movement will be different now. To make it easier to understand, zooming in on the sniper rifle sets your fov to 20. With a value of zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1 (the default), it reduces your sensitivity to the point where it’ll still feel the same, but if you try and do a 360, you’ll notice you have to move your mouse a lot more. If you set zoom_sensitivity_ratio to 4.5 (I think it’s 4.5), it’ll make it so the sensitivity stays the same when you zoom in, but you’ll notice it’ll be really hard to aim like that since your sensitivity will seem really high.

If you’re changing fovs, you can keep it the same if you want for the same cm/360 or you can use this http://kyto.dez.fi/ql/zoomsens/index.php to work out what value you need to make it feel the same. Put your new fov in the Zoom FOV box.

Cool, thanks for the link/explanation.

Yeah, I mean I have the .dlls and stuff it’s just that OpenPlugin only works with -insecure and well you can’t connect to any servers with that now, so yeah, I can’t get higher FOV any more.

I tried playing some TF2 for the first time in a few months, since I got the itch to play again. As soon as I got in game it felt off, like it was too zoomed in (90FOV). It is just impossible for me to play at that low FOV. TF2 just ain’t worth playing like this. I don’t know why Valve is being gay about all of this. Any time a game has gameplay in the Z-axis the FOV absolutely needs to be over 90.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Odissius

As soon as I got in game it felt off, like it was too zoomed in (90FOV). It is just impossible for me to play at that low FOV. TF2 just ain’t worth playing like this.

Oh please.

You were no doubt playing TF2 at 90 for months or even years before openplugin came out.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

From a technical point-of-view, what is the difference between this .exe, and a hack that enables the wireframe console command?

Surely it is a hack, and you have just limited its capability? The method is the actual issue here, irrelevant of whether you think the increased fov etc is morally wrong.

ninya

Team

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Surely it is a hack, and you have just limited its capability?

By this definition steam overlay, mumble overlay is a hack with limited capability.
Since this plugin executes in a way similar to cheats, people regard this more as a hack.

I think the issue here is still about the features it introduces that valve doesn’t seem to want in the game. Higher FOV is the only feature it implements that could be considered a cheat.

Valve can’t disable this plugin now by fixing the -insecure parameter and although there is a bunch of other ways they could stop this from working, valve can’t keep up with the consistency of the community that wants some features implemented.

alba

duplo

Quoted from beach

[…]

Oh please.

You were no doubt playing TF2 at 90 for months or even years before openplugin came out.

you are right but once you get used to higher field of views it is really hard to get used to something lower again

profix

FLANK

Quoted from alba

[…]

you are right but once you get used to higher field of views it is really hard to get used to something lower again

I can only speak for myself: But it took me about 5 hours to get used to FoV 90 again. (previously used 110)

But those hours were pretty painful though. Heavy motion sickness and headaches. But now it’s fine. I certainly miss 110 FoV, but I don’t really give a damn.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I’ll never get used to 90 fov. Only the best for me.

Nacho

TTS

Quoted from profix

[…]

I can only speak for myself: But it took me about 5 hours to get used to FoV 90 again. (previously used 110)

But those hours were pretty painful though. Heavy motion sickness and headaches. But now it’s fine. I certainly miss 110 FoV, but I don’t really give a damn.

I agree with you. For me playing scout and demoman with 90 fov doesn’t bother me, but soldier with 90 fov, forget it, its so confusing and an awful experience

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »