Forum

broesel's Crosshair Switcher

Created 31st July 2010 @ 09:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

alba

duplo

Quoted from Ch3Vy

Is it possible to add “custom” crosshairs to the crosshair switcher so they would work on competitive servers.

dont think its possible but would be awesome

Ch3Vy

FjK

Quoted from alba

[…]
dont think its possible but would be awesome

Yea it would :) I’d love to use this one – http://gamebanana.com/sprites/2250
But I can’t import any of those xhairs to the Arons crosshairswitcher or Broesel’s one.
Aron’s xhair switcher – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6BqMirUFM

Mits

Quoted from Ch3Vy

[…]

Yea it would :) I’d love to use this one – http://gamebanana.com/sprites/2250
But I can’t import any of those xhairs to the Arons crosshairswitcher or Broesel’s one.
Aron’s xhair switcher – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6BqMirUFM

Those would be possible to do, but it wouldn’t work in most servers.

alba

duplo

would be possible with hud crosshairs but your game will lag of hud_reloadscheme

Saki

If it is possible I would love to know how!

I’m aware the HUD reload lags however I want a different HUD crosshair between my scout and sniper.

So I’ll switch on death/spawn rather then in game.

Hope I’m making sense

envy

Quoted from Saki

If it is possible I would love to know how!

It seems, there is a way to do so, but it’s limited only to 2 variations. Edit your crosshair section to look like:
"visible" "1"
"visible_minmode" "0"

and otherwise for alternative crosshair.
Also, you can bind something like this to make switching easier:
bind "F5" "join_class scout; cl_hud_minmode 1"

Last edited by envy,

broesel

LAME

Quoted from envy

[…]
It seems, there is a way to do so, but it’s limited only to 2 variations. Edit your crosshair section to look like:
"visible" "1"
"visible_minmode" "0"

and otherwise for alternative crosshair.
Also, you can bind something like this to make switching easier:
bind "F5" "join_class scout; cl_hud_minmode 1"

Uh, or just put cl_hud_minmode 0/1 into every class config? Much cleaner solution.

Also, I’d not recommend to use this anyways, because in case you’re using a custom HUD there will always be something else that changes (most HUDs switch between scoreboards with minmode on/off).

Stranger

2stronk

nvm people already answered

Last edited by Stranger,

envy

Quoted from broesel

Uh, or just put cl_hud_minmode 0/1 into every class config? Much cleaner solution.

Oh, right. No idea what I was thinking about.
After all, it’s only solution. Up to person, but I wouldn’t mind switching between 6/12 scoreboard, if nothing else is changing.
Edit: I got it what I was thinking about. With binds, you’ll lag while watching a deathcam; with config – right after you spawn. So pretty much both variations are viable.

Last edited by envy,

Saki

You lot are flipping awesome.

Was looking or this for ages!

If I only play 6v6 though then all I’m going to need to do is replace both scoreboards with the 6 scoreboard and I should be set right?

I’m aware of the HUD changing between min mode an off but all mine changes thus far is the scoreboard.

Thanks again for this!

Last edited by Saki,

envy

Quoted from Saki

If I only play 6v6 though then all I’m going to need to do is replace both scoreboards with the 6 scoreboard and I should be set right?

If 6v6 scoreboard is activating with cl_hud_minmode 1, then in scoreboard.res replace every normal value with _minmode value. For example:
"tall" "20"
"tall_minmode" "18"

switch to:
"tall" "18"
"tall_minmode" "18"

ijamzo

[CR]

Thanks for this, it works perfectly.
The only problem i seem to find is that when using a secondary like the gunboats, or the razorback, when i switch weapon..its hard to explain, the only way i could explain it is like this.

I like to use the stock rocket, gunboats and market gardener. For the rocket i have viewmodels off but for the market gardener i have viewmodels on, and when i switch weapon ( using mouse scroll up / down ) it brings out the rocket again with the secondary weapons crosshair, so it doesn’t switch straight to the market gardener.

If you know a fix for this i’de appreciate it a bunch :D

atmo

the fix is don’t use the scrollwheel, use 1/3 and Q

Trath

Quoted from ijamzo

Thanks for this, it works perfectly.
The only problem i seem to find is that when using a secondary like the gunboats, or the razorback, when i switch weapon..its hard to explain, the only way i could explain it is like this.

I like to use the stock rocket, gunboats and market gardener. For the rocket i have viewmodels off but for the market gardener i have viewmodels on, and when i switch weapon ( using mouse scroll up / down ) it brings out the rocket again with the secondary weapons crosshair, so it doesn’t switch straight to the market gardener.

If you know a fix for this i’de appreciate it a bunch :D

Well you would need to change the Alias’s/Binds for the Soldier, so that you never have slot2 in there. Keep in mind, if you ever change from gunboats back to the shotgun for example, things will be broken again. I personally don’t have this Broesel thing, I used the Aron Crosshair tool. I can have a look later and tell you exactly what to change.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Trath

[…]
I can have a look later and tell you exactly what to change.

You have to modify pd, pu, md & mu, so that nx in p points to m and pv in m points to p, leaving out s.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KvZYmeaP

have fun

Last edited by broesel,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »