Forum

broesel's Crosshair Switcher

Created 31st July 2010 @ 09:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

broesel

LAME

Hi!

This is a simple Script that allows you to switch between crosshair- and viewmodel-settings for each slot and class individually. It also doesn’t show the behaviour of other crosshair switcher scripts to screw up lastinv (Q).

Whereas other crosshair switcher scripts just switch between slot1 and slot 2 when you press Q or whatever key you have bound lastinv to, this script executes the lastinv command just like ‘normal TF2’.

Also, this script allows you to change the slots in the quickswitch menu with the number keys (doesn’t work in other scripts) and switch weapons while looking at the scoreboard.

To customize your settings, the script offers a clearly arranged settings file, that allows you to use preset aliases for colors, shapes and sizes.

Info: http://code.google.com/p/broesels-crosshair-switcher/

Download: http://code.google.com/p/broesels-crosshair-switcher/downloads/list

Last edited by broesel,

broesel

LAME

Last edited by broesel,

Isai

flowerpower/

Awesome tool! Is it possible to revert the new quickswitch behaviour to the old one?

MARSii

Team Schiggy*

BIATCH its OUR crosshair switcher :D

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Isai

Awesome tool! Is it possible to revert the new quickswitch behaviour to the old one?

“the old one” is bugged, as you can’t switch through the slots in the Quickswitch menu with the slot keys – or what do you mean?

Quoted from MARSii

BIATCH its OUR crosshair switcher :D

no it's not – especially not the coming-soon version 2.0

Last edited by broesel,

el 7 de españa

Thank you very much for making this!

I use pretty much the “Q” button to switch between the rocket launcher and the shotgun, but I wasn’t able to change my crosshair, but now, finally I will be able to :D

Good job!

Isai

flowerpower/

Quoted from broesel

“the old one” is bugged, as you can’t switch through the slots in the Quickswitch menu with the slot keys – or what do you mean?

Whenever I had the quickswitch menu open I could switch with the slot keys to the different slots, even when I was dead. Like when playing on pub and dieing as sniper while wearing a razorback, I could open the quickswitch menu, select the second slot and choose Jarate.

broesel

LAME

Version 2.0 is out!

As I mentioned earlier, you can now change your crosshairs much, MUCH easier.

example:

big; green; cross; 84

(84 is for the viewmodel fov, you can also use “off” or any value between 60 and 120)

You can now also change your binds for slot1, slot2, slot3, lastinv, nextweapon, prevweapon, quickswitch and scoreboard easily and completely change how the script behaves with the new config file. Default, however, is still the default TF2 behaviour of handling weapon changing and lastinv :>

Spike Himself

TC

Just had a look at it. That’s some clever scripting. Impressive stuff!
Also looks neat and maintainable. Great job!

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Spike Himself

That’s some clever scripting. Impressive stuff!

:)
Quoted from Spike Himself

maintainable

YES. Basically, all settings are stored in settings.cfg and are independent from the class cfg files, those just initialize the switcher with the settings for a specific class.

Thus, I’d really appreciate it if some pro’s (Div1 much? :>) configure the script to their likings and then send me their settings.cfg file, so I can add it to the archive like

settings_[playername].cfg

in a seperate folder

Would be really awesome and I guess many would appreciate having the possibility to choose between several premade files that are not made by me (div7 shitnerd), but rather by some pro :)

povohat

If you still believe after 3 years that you cant swap weapons while checking scores, then you probably shouldn’t be writing community scripts.

Zappah

nou

great stuff in this config, although i hate the mousewheel and lastinv ;p

great guy also :D

broesel

LAME

Quoted from povohat

If you still believe after 3 years that you cant swap weapons while checking scores, then you probably shouldn’t be writing community scripts.

fail povo, FAIL

you can’t switch weapons when having the scoreboard open

go, open TF2 and check it; and then check BEFORE insulting next time

kim

idd.

Quoted from broesel

[…]

fail povo, FAIL

you can’t switch weapons when having the scoreboard open

Yes you can if you use the use command rather than slotx.
Like this: use tf_weapon_scattergun

EDIT: This also includes switching weapons while taunting.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from povohat

If you still believe 2 years after Valve removed the equip command that you could realize a script like this with weapons instead of slots, then you probably shouldn’t be commenting on this.

also:
Quoted from broesel

[…]

fail povo, FAIL

you can’t switch SLOTS when having the scoreboard open

fix’d

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »