Forum

[r@ts] Team Deathmatch Server online

Created 27th October 2009 @ 14:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 21 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I do use stickies to trap. And why not. If I know someone is following me, and he/she is running blindly into a trap, then I see no problem. But I prefer nades, for direct damage against fast moving targets.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I have some issues/suggestions to the server. First I’ll explain my reasoning for most of these. I think it’s pretty pointless to play for frags on a DM server, and myself I play there to warm up, practice my movement or just try and improve my aiming technique/movement. The main enemy of this is the spam factor (taking damage by several players, or randomly having your health lowered by someone across the map only to be killed by another player focusing on you).

Limiting range.
Limiting range of everything to say, the length of badlands choke to middle point would reduce the amount of spam taken, while not really intruding on any notable fights, as most fights that result in a kill don’t take place outside of that range. This includes hitscan, nades, rockets. Additionally all nades that have hit the ground (rolling nades) should also do 0 damage at all times, as it’s a pointless, random feature if you play for the same reasons I do. However, the only class that should be an exception to this rule, both ways, is sniper. He should take long-range damage and deal long-range damage, to make it as realistic as possible in these situations. This is just an example of how to solve the spam problem, and I’m willing to brainstorm to find some sort of compromise.

Remove pipeline. I think this is far too open and just encourages random spam, with snipers and soldiers dominating by jumping all over the place or spamming all over the place. This can be reconsidered if there is some sort of measure made to reduce the amount of random spam.

minimoose

Please remove pipeline and doublecross, they just make everyone leave because they are awful.

kaidus

WiK?

I’m thinking the same thing. They’re shit maps anyway regardless of the fact they’re compeltley useless to the DM server populus.

Last edited by kaidus,

The r@ts DM server was almost full from 6 o’clock in the morning to 3 o’clock in the morning. In the last few weeks you all realized the lack of support and currently it seems that the tf2 dm plugin is broken, too. Due to lack of time and saiboat going inactive I’m searching for a new server admin.

You’ll get access to game panel (webinterface) and ftp-access. You are allowed to do nearly everying on the server including change of map cycle etc. Just listen to the voice of the community :)

Please send your application to [email protected] including your steam name, game / server experience and a short sentence why you would be the server admin. :)

Last edited by Ronny,

1) Server is back WITH deathmatch plugin working
2) Removed pipeline and doublecross from mapcycle
3) Dunno if all the other plugins working, too. Please post here if you find bugs
4) Berserker: Thanks for the feedback. I’m not a plugin programmer so I can’t do these things. Maybe someone here knows someone who can do it? :-) In general, I like your ideas!
5) Still searching for someone to maintain the server.

Last edited by Ronny,

WLL

The server is allways full °_°
I like the server :D , because its now without pipeline and doublecross

Last edited by WLL,

longas

<3<3<33<<33<3<3<3<3<3<3

longas

btw, the server is always full, could you create a second server? :P

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from longas

btw, the server is always full, could you create a second server? :P

maybe if someone is maintaining them :-)

there’s currently a attack to the datacenters network so the connection is broken sometimes :/

Therium

trolltech
[MC]

2) Removed pipeline and doublecross from mapcycle

<3 <3 <3

baerbel

trick17
trick17

the slot reservervations is weird atm. 9/10 the whole time? :(

Rotab

≧◡≦

1) New version of hponkill. Killerinfo and dark tint color is back.
2) Added cp_freight_final1 to the mapcycle, I would appreciate feedback on the spawns. Also, if the trains are too annoying i’ll hax them away ^_^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 21 Next »