Forum

TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 33 Next »

Svennebanan

mentally inept that masternoob, letting it get to his head that he’s admin on a lobby site for some semi-popular game.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Masternoob is a bit of a twat? Wow who knew.

His reasoning I’d imagine, although he couldn’t figure out how to say it without being a complete asshat is that they’ve put a lot of time and effort and feel bad when you don’t use their mumble.

The fact he’s allowed to make up his own rules when he feels like it and ban people without consulting, when I’m sure the TF2Center staff are quite aware of Masternoob always making them look bad is just stupid.

Having played in a TC lobby a few nights ago it was 99% more fun than the 2 people show up in mumble each team experience that TF2Center can offer.

If Masternoob thought he was offering some form of a serious competitive “league” type thing, I’d sort of understand why he can act like a prick but come on, its just a lobby where people go to have fun.

Also I don’t join mumble and play in my own with my friends who are both on my team or on the other team, come at me masternoob.

Last edited by Tomu,

LimeBowler

Quoted from Tomu

Also I don’t join mumble and play in my own with my friends who are both on my team or on the other team, come at me masternoob.

Oh shit

Lol why did I only hear about this now

Just a official note of sorts to say that other members of the TF2Center admin/dev team are aware of this issue. We’re discussing things internally to make sure issues of this nature that come up are handled better in future, and will follow up with the TC guys directly once we’ve finished discussions.

jx53

wats going on here

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Tomu

If Masternoob thought he was offering some form of a serious competitive “league” type thing, I’d sort of understand why he can act like a prick but come on, its just a lobby where people go to have fun.

I think this is generally where things went wrong.
Masternoob is not actually a member of the TF2 comp community and probably doesn’t understand it as well as other members of his staff and he probably doesn’t understand the ‘gap’ in the TF2 world that his project is filling.

That said, his attitude towards others (cheating, kicking with no good reason etc) is still unacceptable on any level.

Quoted from Angel

1. Firstly, a stupid arguments in the chat. See above.

We must not have been reading the same chatlogs. The TC comments above seem reasonable enough since he was pretty much attacking us all week with stupid shit.

Quoted from Angel

2. Secondly, the fact of chat publication without permission. (Imagine that I start to publish here my chats with Robin Walker and say “how stupid he is”.)

I kindly suggest having a clue what your talking about before firing the bullet at us and direct your beef somewhere else. It is perfectly fine to publish this info in this scenario since there is no personal information and I didn’t consider it unethical.

Anyway, despite Masternoob’s persistent problems the responses from other TF2Center staff to their credit has been good. The TC community thanks them for their work on this project and wishes them the best with it. If any TF2center staff have anything else to say they can feel free to talk to myself or spike.

/end, done with this topic

Last edited by Oxy,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

what a name

Who angered the TC mafia…

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

And at the other hand, you have a guy that doesn’t exactly know what comp TF2 means who gets chewed out for a project he does in his spare time.

I know it’s easy to pick on it because TF2C / MN made a bad decision, but please don’t turn this into a hate-TF2Center circlejerk. The system is by far the current biggest lobby system that’s working (and quite well!), and it would be foolish of us turn hostile against one of the biggest breeding ponds for competitive TF2.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Angel

[…]

Sure and with pleasure. For MasterNoob for ban all your stupid community.

This situation looks from my point of view like this: MasterNoob in role of produt owner kindly asks you to use their infrastructure or not using it. This is a resonable demands. Oxy in role of the bullheaded gamer: “no, we want to continue lifehacking”.

Further, you publishes the chat here. It shows TC community as a fool’s party twice:

1. Firstly, a stupid arguments in the chat. See above.

2. Secondly, the fact of chat publication without permission. (Imagine that I start to publish here my chats with Robin Walker and say “how stupid he is”.)

xD

What Masternoob did is make up rules as he goes along. It is like for example banning a team if they default their playoff game – there is no rule to support such an action on ETF2L, therefore if an admin were to enforce it, it would be a case of “making up rules as you go along”. If you agree with Masternoob here then surely you would have supported a “Play or Ban” policy by the same logic.

And for your second point of view, posting chatlogs – I don’t know what point you’re trying to make, whether or not it was morally correct for Oxy to post them? Unless he signed a disclaimer to not distribute quotes directly from Masternoob, then no I disagree with you.

I don’t know what personal beef you have with some TC community members/ETF2L admins Angel but it’s quite frankly pathetic you try to argue this in favour of some power mad moderator when all the evidence points to the other side of the argument.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Also on topic more, after actually playing some lobbies aside from the already mentioned issues, one that has been particularly inconvenient is the times I have selected to sub for one class on one team and been told I am subbing for another class on a different team, possibly in a different game altogether. I have had to leave these lobbies as I did not sign up to play Red Medic in a Badlands 6v6 lobby when I clicked to play Blu Scout in a Swiftwater Highlander lobby.

Another issue as well is when I actually sub the intended class, I find the opposition’s Medic has switched teams and gone to the class I intended to sub, again the same result applies, I leave the lobby. I can’t find anywhere obvious to report a player for the particular game, leaving me to only try and use my powers of persuasion to get my spot, however there is only limited time I am prepared to argue with a stranger about playing the class I signed up to play. Should be some way to report players that is more simple and clearer.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kKaltUu

And at the other hand, you have a guy that doesn’t exactly know what comp TF2 means who gets chewed out for a project he does in his spare time.

I know it’s easy to pick on it because TF2C / MN made a bad decision, but please don’t turn this into a hate-TF2Center circlejerk. The system is by far the current biggest lobby system that’s working (and quite well!), and it would be foolish of us turn hostile against one of the biggest breeding ponds for competitive TF2.

I partially agree. TF2C do choose to continue to have this guy on their staff (I understand they depend heavily on him, but that doesn’t stop it being a choice). We (TC) have no beef with any other TF2C staff member – in fact they have all been extremely nice and very reasonable people to talk with. Some of them even regularly hang out on our mumble and play games with us.

As for the project itself – it’s amazing and it’s what TF2 needs, no doubt about it.
I would very much like to be able to say that I support it 100%.

The issue is not that they have one incompetent admin, the issue is that this particular admin actually gets a say in anything, and actually actively ruins ongoing lobbies (I read about people complaining he actually uses cheats mid-game and stuff like that). It’s not just TF2C’s image he is destroying, but also some actual games he parttakes in, i.e. he ruins other people’s experiences with TF2C, ultimately slimming down their playerbase.

On another subject, for his own sake please ignore Angel. He seems to have issues with me personally. I honestly don’t know why, but I guess such is life; you just can’t get along with each and every other person. If he wants to make himself look like an idiot by posting the things he does, then by all means let him.
He’ll just throw in some money in the future and then he’s the god of tf2 again, so no harm done.

juju

TBA
Tissi

one pokémon to ruin them all or how did it go?

konr

How did Angel get so rich when he has so much trouble understand simple stuff like this?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 33 Next »