Created 15th May 2013 @ 15:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »

Sarah

w/e just bring it up i’m bored

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from phx

I know you guys are working on improving the site and I’m looking forward to seeing it online again. I’m just curious if you’re planning on having a bottom for the skill level of the players. Not sure how to exactly word this. Just for example having division 4 as the lowest you accept in or a certain amount of hours logged. I’m not saying I’m the best player in the world but it would be nice if there was a limit.
It feels like tf2pickup.net has a lot players who’ve never played 6s before or don’t have a basic understanding of the game and I’d hate to see the same happen to this site. I don’t enjoy playing there anymore because of the 12 year olds screaming into the mic. It feels like it’s changing in tf2lobby and I can only imagine the better players that frequent the site don’t come anymore. For me the reason I play on your site is because some players are pretty good and it makes for a more enjoyable game. So are you guys planning on keeping the quality at a certain level or will it be open for everyone?
Thanks for your efforts.

funny you say you dont want it to become a lobby…you were whining at me every time i didnt 100% keep the heals on you and expecting me to catch you calling it 2 secs before you hit the ground, that sounds pretty much like tf2lobby.com to me

phx

cmrd

I was unhappy with your positioning and your healspread. I should be able to express my feelings about that, as should you if you felt I was being unfair to you. No need to discuss it here but since you brought it up. You healed the roamer as much as you healed me, and dropped me 4 times before you ubered. That would make anyone unhappy.
http://logs.tf/49631 There you have the stats. I don’t believe you needed to heal the roamer as much and you could have healed other players more. That’s all I have to say about it.

Godof

Quoted from phx

I was unhappy with your positioning and your healspread. I should be able to express my feelings about that, as should you if you felt I was being unfair to you. No need to discuss it here but since you brought it up. You healed the roamer as much as you healed me, and dropped me 4 times before you ubered. That would make anyone unhappy.
http://logs.tf/49631 There you have the stats. I don’t believe you needed to heal the roamer as much and you could have healed other players more. That’s all I have to say about it.

but i did a lot :3

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

lol heals

First of all, can you please take that discussion somewhere more private? Thanks :D

Second, the only requirement we have active currently is a minimum of 100h of TF2 played, but that is more of a preventive measure for alts than a skill thing.

We plan on keeping the pickup open, however everyone is required to at least know how to play TF2 on a competitive level, (preferably having played some competitive games before).

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

TBH I’d rather see a rating system compared to a minimal div system:
First of all, the fact someone is a div 6 player doesn’t mean they are 12 year old kids who’ve never played a single game of 6s before and yell through their crappy mic all the time(I’m not saying they’re not out there).
Secondly, banning div 6 players from the site would force them to play tf2pickup.net or tf2 lobby and this won’t help them improve at all (Let’s face it, they are rubbish³) . Ultimately they might even get stuck in div 6 forever since their only good 6s matches are with the team.
I hope this convinced you guys to NOT implement a minimal div system.
Sincerely,
A serious div 6 player

Last edited by BenBazinga,

atmo

6v6.me
6v6.tf
addup.tf

exeL

Doj.

maybe have like another part of the site with div3+ players pickups + the normal pickups that u have now?

Last edited by exeL,

Vali

-9w-

Was thinking it might be neat if everyone could just add up to the respective classes and then when there’s enough for the pickup to actually start, it would then select the 12 players that would give the best game based on the average skill of all the players added.

While that may mean that it doesnt necessarily pick people in the order that they added, it could give several benefits. It’s certainly more tempting to play medic (unlikely to be more than 2 meds) or to join up as the last needed spot rather than just queue stacking. Players that play several classes to different skill levels would be encouraged to play a class that matched the skill level of the players added rather than stomping or sucking. You could also make it so that players below a relative minimum skill difference would be ignored where possible, although maybe making it so that they are guaranteed to get into the next pickup after 1 or 2 unsuccessful attempts.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from phx

the heal spread on logs is bugged/misleading, it doesn’t take overheals into account.

Quoted from Vali

We have a similar system to what you described for Ultiduo and BBall. I’m not liking it much for 6v6 or 9v9 though. In the end it’s up to Shrike, really.

Also we don’t plan on implementing queues.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Datenshi

[…]

Also we don’t plan on implementing queues.

I absolutely agree, queues only mean more people will be afk.

Last edited by BenBazinga,

AnimaL

Quoted from BenBazinga

[…]
I absolutely agree, queues only mean more people will be afk.

have fun idling in the web page for 30min trying be first who clicks on scout and be a second too late having to wait another 30min

quartz

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]have fun idling in the web page for 30min trying be first who clicks on scout and be a second too late having to wait another 30min

Have fun waiting 2h for 2 medics :)

EDIT: Only to have like 5 people not redying up

Last edited by quartz,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 Next »