kasabubu

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to pickup.con-gaming.net
what the fuck

phx

cmrd

Read the previous post.

exeL

Doj.

anyone knows when its gonna be back online?

AnimaL

Quoted from exeL

anyone knows when its gonna be back online?

shrike said up to couple of days

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Any updates from the front?:)

We’re working on a major update for the pickup, that’s why we haven’t brought the site back up yet.

We hope to have it ready for closed beta release in a few days.

On that note we need people willing to BETA TEST.
The beta testing will be mainly testing the website and pickup logic/back end. There may or may not be some pickups actually being played when we need to test the whole communication between website and TF2 server. If you’re interested in helping join the steam group here.

The closed beta should be fairly short, and we will be migrating to a dedicated server with much better hardware (as opposed to the poor VPS we were using so far). You can still vote on a domain name you’d like us to pick here.

tl;dr:
1. need beta testers, if interested join here
2. vote for domain name https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gza1qUsZmvPxle3OI0-brGI_YYZj_4NYBetntg3ZYiE/viewform

Trath

PLEASE bring this back already.
I don’t even care about skill level, but it seems TF2Pickup.net is filled with 12 year old kids with he most annoying voices that just keep talking and talking.

Last edited by Trath,

Pirateer

Quoted from Trath

I don’t even care about skill level, but it seems TF2Pickup.net is filled with 12 year old kids with he most annoying voices that just keep talking and talking.

Report, tell them not to, simply mute them lololo

AnimaL

/q byte-me|away for pu2 invites if you are able to install irc and shoot face

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from AnimaL

/q byte-me|away for pu2 invites if you are able to install irc and shoot face

Aren’t those for high level players only?

alba

duplo

Div 2+ usually, but i guess a few exceptions has been made

Crafz

Quoted from Trath

Just wait until this pickup becomes popular….

phx

cmrd

I know you guys are working on improving the site and I’m looking forward to seeing it online again. I’m just curious if you’re planning on having a bottom for the skill level of the players. Not sure how to exactly word this. Just for example having division 4 as the lowest you accept in or a certain amount of hours logged. I’m not saying I’m the best player in the world but it would be nice if there was a limit.
It feels like tf2pickup.net has a lot players who’ve never played 6s before or don’t have a basic understanding of the game and I’d hate to see the same happen to this site. I don’t enjoy playing there anymore because of the 12 year olds screaming into the mic. It feels like it’s changing in tf2lobby and I can only imagine the better players that frequent the site don’t come anymore. For me the reason I play on your site is because some players are pretty good and it makes for a more enjoyable game. So are you guys planning on keeping the quality at a certain level or will it be open for everyone?
Thanks for your efforts.

AnimaL

such requirement might not even be needed if you have rating system. like in lobby there is + – thingies that don’t do anything but you can do same thumb up/down system which works in a way that if someone is receiving exceedingly large numbers of thumbs down the system might just auto ban him

its probably a very complex system to make, but hey…one can dream…

Last edited by AnimaL,

Kemor

I played multiple pickups on that site and i do not recall having a 12 years old kid in my team, or in enemy team. Level is usually around d3, sometimes the plugin shows average div as 2, so when you see such level, you get motivated and actually play seriously. On tf2pickup.net, such magic disappears and people usually play using 1/4 of their true skill, because they get either irritated or just bored. Pls make div/hours limiter :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »