pickup.con-gaming.net

Created 15th May 2013 @ 15:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from quartz

[…]

Have fun waiting 2h for 2 medics :)

EDIT: Only to have like 5 people not redying up

if you have 5 other players already waiting in queue then what does it matter that previous 5 get deleted for beeing afk?

having no queue system then you get quicker starting matches only if theres a lot of people in there but it turns to spamming le class icon fest and thats horrible

Last edited by AnimaL,

exeL

Doj.

with the afk system, queue should exist!
i mean, i wanna play scout and its full, why would i need to wait for the pickup to start (which i can easily miss and not play the next pickup too) and not just add up to the next pickup…?
and btw, any guesses on when ull get the site back up?

Last edited by exeL,

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Quoted from quartz

[…]

Have fun waiting 2h for 2 medics :)

EDIT: Only to have like 5 people not redying up

So far medic hasn’t been the problem to obtain…and rarely ppl aren’t showing up

quartz

Quoted from SiTeHBu0mbb

[…]

So far medic hasn’t been the problem to obtain…and rarely ppl aren’t showing up

Yes because there’s no queue system. So you either play medic or you don’t play at all on that pickup, unless you wait for medics to come by and then spam class button waiting for someone to be afk). Either way, you’ll have to wait :)

exeL

Doj.

Quoted from quartz

[…]

Yes because there’s no queue system. So you either play medic or you don’t play at all on that pickup, unless you wait for medics to come by and then spam class button waiting for someone to be afk). Either way, you’ll have to wait :)

so forcing people to med up is the right way u say? interesting…
being a medic isn’t that bad, thanks to the (awesome) friend system.

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from quartz

[…]

So you either play medic or you don’t play at all on that pickup

…What?? have you even played here?

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

I’m confused as well, what QuartS is saying is not the experience I’ve had with it. The relative low level of ‘known-ness’ of the pickup made the skill level of it still quite good and therefore I think playing medic isn’t a pain at all. Sure, the occasional game will be less enjoyable but that goes for regular team-pcws as well. To increase the enjoyability you’ve got the friend system which works like a charm (although some attempts at stacking might occur).

And having a queue system is really really bad I think. It’ll only result in more waiting in the end. People join up as no 6/7 in queue only to proceed to bugger off/afk/do something else. ..

Vali

-9w-

Just have it that anyone added from a queue to a fresh pickup needs to confirm their spot after 1/2/3 minutes (the usual ready-up time would obviously apply if they replaced someone in a pickup or if a new pickup started during the confirm time period).

An !afk system could also be implemented that marks you as away, removing you immediately should the pickup fill if you are in one of the main slots and skipping over you in the queue selection process. The upsides of this would be that you could go afk in the queue and still be added to the next new pickup (so you dont get picked as a replacement and waste everyone’s time if you’re still afk) and you also wouldnt need to confirm as above since it’ll auto-remove you if you haven’t returned and done !afk again.

quartz

I played there a lot of times already, and a lot of times as medic. I wasn’t describing how the pickup system worked some days ago but how it would work if a queue system was introduced (just look at tf2pickup.net as an example). What I’m trying to say is, it’s definitely more enjoyable the way the system works right now as opposed to the tf2pickup.net one. Yes at the moment the skill level is higher, but the fact that you actually get to play some good games and often (because all the spots just have to be filled->medics can have friends->ready up system->there’s no queue) it makes it way more enjoyable. Also, what’s not to love about the fact that you actually get to play classes you don’t usually? It increases your game sense and experience way more than it would do in a normal game with your usual class :)

What I would advise tho, is for a queue system but ONLY if the team is full already (so you would fill up the AFK slots) and if you can’t replace anyone you would be put in the next pickup, removing the need to spam buttons :)

Last edited by quartz,

AnimaL

tf2pickup.net can’t to be used as an example when they dont have ready system AND when half of their pickups dont even send out pickup starting page… using that to prove a point kinda makes me think you dont have a point
Quoted from quartz

Also, what’s not to love about the fact that you actually get to play classes you don’t usually?

what if i play medic usually and come to pickups to play soldier/scout?!

Quoted from quartz

What I would advise tho, is for a queue system but ONLY if the team is full already (so you would fill up the AFK slots) and if you can’t replace anyone you would be put in the next pickup, removing the need to spam buttons :)

that is the same as no queue except only thing you change is when to spam buttons, instead of spamming them after pickup starts you will spam the second last guy joins…

Last edited by AnimaL,

quartz

Quoted from AnimaL

-snip-

I wasn’t only refering to medic as “class you don’t usually play”. Was referring to all the classes you don’t usually play :P

Anyways really don’t wanna argue about this. Just bring the new better pickup website already! Can’t wait! :D Whatever decisions are made it’s not up to me to approve or disapprove, it’s your website, your pickup and you do what the hell you want with it :)

Last edited by quartz,

Trath

Any updates? I wan to play some TF2 :(

Dennia

FAINT

Rip in piece

If everything goes according to plan we should have the first beta test tomorrow.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Datenshi

If everything goes according to plan we should have the first beta test tomorrow.

http://media.tumblr.com/9dfbcb43b281bbee36f821516672d596/tumblr_inline_ml527xSB8B1qz4rgp.gif

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »