Forum

FogsServers.com - New Game Server Provider (Amsterdam)

Created 11th April 2013 @ 18:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

He’s not. He’s just never had a VPS from a reliable hosting company like Linode or Slicehost. VPS’s are pretty much the epitome of “you get what you pay for”.

Ok if we’re going to nitpick then yes, you’re right. VPS hosting isn’t terrible because of what VPS technology is, but because of the business model of the companies providing the technology.

99% of them oversell though because that’s how you make money.

So to the public: VPS = shit.

But yeah semantics man.

Fog

The lack of interest so far is disheartening. When more people post in this topic about VPSs and their inherent faults then being interested in the service doesn’t leave a good sign to me.

AnimaL

You kinda are offering one of the highest priced servers in europe, in fact I only could find hiperz beeing higher priced, but unlike hiperz you dont have anyone vouching for you… Also hiperz back in the day was even cheaper than your offer atm, they got hype from players and that allowed them to rise the price as more and more teams got their servers.

So yeah, avarage server price for 14 slots in eu is ~10 euros, some go as low as 6-7 euros, you ask 14. I’m not shocked people don’t even notice…

Last edited by AnimaL,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Sounds like a good offer, especially all the preconfigured addons etc. would be good for people who have absolutely no clue about gameservers.

You also really shouldn’t talk down on this being a one-man operation, the obvious benefit is, that he is a TF2 guy. If he were to really just quit because of IRL Issues it’s not exactly a problem to get a new gameserver elsewhere within a few hours.

@Fog, maybe you could set up one server for Arie’s Reservation System http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/ that way you will get a Number of different Teams/Players to try them out and you can slap your Name/Url in the Servername to spread the word.

Crafz

Quoted from Fog

The lack of interest so far is disheartening.

People here don’t even want free stuff. What feedback can one expect for seemingly overpriced TF2 Servers.
Quoted from slate

@Fog, maybe you could set up one server for Arie’s Reservation System http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/ that way you will get a Number of different Teams/Players to try them out and you can slap your Name/Url in the Servername to spread the word.

This.

Fog

You guys do have a point on the prices, I’ve decided to reduce the pricing for 14 slot private servers to 12 euros, thus making all the other server slots 3 euros cheaper. Also, I’ve removed the charging for public servers.

I’ll look at making a server for the reservation system

Crafz

Quoted from Arie

* Added a FogsServers server to the reservation system :)

The first commercial server added to the reservation system, woot!
More info on renting from Fog here: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-25088/page-3/?recent=444499#post-444499

Try it out and let me/Fog know what you think!

I was expecting a certain other server company to be the first (contact me bro!), but Fog has the premiere :)

Good move, I guess. Depends on the quality/pricing of your servers now.

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from Fog

You guys do have a point on the prices, I’ve decided to reduce the pricing for 14 slot private servers to 12 euros, thus making all the other server slots 3 euros cheaper. Also, I’ve removed the charging for public servers.

I’ll look at making a server for the reservation system

Well now its looking more interesting. Test server would be nice.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Ordinator

[…]
Well now its looking more interesting. Test server would be nice.

Fog has generously provided a server for the FakkelBrigade server reservation system, try it! :)
http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/

Last edited by Arie,

maidos

Im stating what the bottleneck is with one-man operation and if you cant even realize the huge risk as a customer would be taking then you are sadly ignorant about it.

1st its a company he is running not a community service. It does not matter how much tf2 guy he is. He is expected to have knowledge to provide assistance should customer inquire about something.

2nd: IT still comes with a risk for a “paying” customer should fog not be available for techsupport as he could become sick, electricity in his house is dead or whatever reasons that hinder him from being online in fashion manner’

3rd: as explained on my 2nd point, if he has those issue at the same time that a customer pays for his month then obviously it doesnt work that well with customer trust anymore and create a bad reputation. What if the server dies and theres no support for hours/days? Then its likely he will ask his bank to do a chargeback

Quoted from slate

You also really shouldn’t talk down on this being a one-man operation, the obvious benefit is, that he is a TF2 guy. If he were to really just quit because of IRL Issues it’s not exactly a problem to get a new gameserver elsewhere within a few hours.

Last edited by maidos,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from maidos

Im stating what the bottleneck is with one-man operation and if you cant even realize the huge risk as a customer would be taking then you are sadly ignorant about it.

Huge risk? It’s a game server. It costs just over a tenner per month. Where’s the ‘huge’ in that?

Yes there is a chance you can lose 10 euros if the guy suddenly disappears. Woohoo big deal..

maidos

students who dont get that much money?
as they have other priorities like buying course books, food, rent etc etc

its bigger deal for ppl who live in an actual dorm u know

Wouldnt you want a gameserver with reliability that u know someone can assist u if the server isnt working properly?

would u wanna buy a packaged sealed sandwish that shows no expiry date and no way to see the actual sandwish?
Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Huge risk? It’s a game server. It costs just over a tenner per month. Where’s the ‘huge’ in that?

Yes there is a chance you can lose 10 euros if the guy suddenly disappears. Woohoo big deal..

Last edited by maidos,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Honestly there’s a lot of gameserver providers that have just 1 guy running it in 1 timezone.
I wouldn’t worry about it considering the costs and the length of your contract.

Also, the server provided by Fog to the reservation system has been amazing so far, so take it for a spin! :) http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/reservations/new?server_id=16

AnimaL

+1 used fogsservers.com server from reservation, was great

Fog

If you guys like the server on the reservation system from Arie, and want to have your own, come pick up a server today!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »