Forum

FogsServers.com - New Game Server Provider (Amsterdam)

Created 11th April 2013 @ 18:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

atmo

Quoted from Rake

>adds dm server to favorites
>sees its on freight
>removes dm server from favorites

Bump! It’s on cp_process_rc2 now and I’m all alone.

But yeah please use the S14 map pool – no freight / gpit / turbine etc.

AnimaL

Quoted from Ordinator

[…]
i have 14 slot server+1 slot stv and it runs fine
or if vps is not enough for you, you can cooperate with someone and rent dedi for urself and host few servers that would be even cheaper

getting vps for hosting gameserver on is 99% luck and 1% research of the company in mind…. in general you will just get heavy used vps node with huge lagspikes… and since you have no control over what everyone else is doing on the same cpu core its funny reading “have ur own server and hosting support without third guy”

anyway, this shit is completly offtopic, since vps’s are cheap and if you want cheap just go to gameplayservers.com and order 14slot server for 7 euros/month… you get all the extras like stv’s plugins and the rest.. as for lags? same luck as ordering vps, but this time you can actually contact support to move ur server to less used node if ur having issues…unlike in vps case

Last edited by AnimaL,

Fog

Quoted from atmo

[…]

Bump! It’s on cp_process_rc2 now and I’m all alone.

But yeah please use the S14 map pool – no freight / gpit / turbine etc.

Fixed the map pool, only uses S14 maps

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]

stuff

The quality and consistency with which you spew absolute garbage never ceases to amaze me.

taro

Why is it that you get a discount for making the server private? Surely the only difference is whether you have a password or not? Other companies do this too so I’m interested to find out the reason if possible.

And good luck, you definitely have your competitors beat on price if the quality is up to scratch! :P

Fog

Quoted from taro

Why is it that you get a discount for making the server private? Surely the only difference is whether you have a password or not? Other companies do this too so I’m interested to find out the reason if possible.

And good luck, you definitely have your competitors beat on price if the quality is up to scratch! :P

Because of the server load. Theoretically, public servers will require more resources because they would hold more players in at once for a longer period of time.

taro

Quoted from Fog

[…]Because of the server load. Theoretically, public servers will require more resources because they would hold more players in at once for a longer period of time.

So there is nothing stopping me from renting a “private” server but using it as a public one?

Safety smiley needed? I think so. ;D

Last edited by taro,

Fog

Quoted from taro

[…]
So there is nothing stopping me from renting a “private” server but using it as a public one?

Safety smiley needed? I think so. ;D

I would be the one to stop you (I get notified via email) :D

taro

Quoted from Fog

[…]I would be the one to stop you (I get notified via email) :D

Damn it!

AnimaL

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

The quality and consistency with which you spew absolute garbage never ceases to amaze me.

funny YOU say this

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

He’s right though.

On a completely different note, where do you host this stuff? I’ve been looking for an affordable NL dedi for years, and they don’t seem to exist :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

maidos

http://www.dediserv.eu/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
use the coupon e3-16-special and u get 59 euro per month. The server is in evoswitch datacenter which is exellent one.

ive used that company 3 years ago and their support was top notch.

on page 1 fog already replied my question that he is renting from leaseweb

Last edited by maidos,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from maidos

59 euro per month

Yeah that’s the cheapest I was able to find for an NL dedi as well. Bit disappointing :(

Quoted from maidos

on page 1 fog already replied my question that he is renting from leaseweb

Ah, didn’t see that. Oh well, they’re expensive too.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Nocturnals

Doc.
cp_

Quoted from taro

From running a Game server company myself i can say that there is not difference what so ever and people shouldn’t be charged more for it.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

He’s right though.

He’s not. He’s just never had a VPS from a reliable hosting company like Linode or Slicehost. VPS’s are pretty much the epitome of “you get what you pay for”.

edit: Slicehost have apparently changed their business model, wouldn’t touch that shit for game servers.

On a completely different note, where do you host this stuff? I’ve been looking for an affordable NL dedi for years, and they don’t seem to exist :(

Ye leaseweb are sick, but nobody is like hetzner/OVH level cheap. :(

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »