Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 84 Next »

Serotone

#FreePat

Going to need a restart or something, it isn’t starting with all slots full.

Crafz

Issue fixed. Making a forum post 2 hours ago would have been more helpful. Sometimes I don’t want to come online because people message me with too much shit.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

people who are not showing up / have to validate steam files are seriously killing this.

in 9 out of 10 pickups played, you have to wait longer than 10 minutes to start a game. in 10 out of 10 games, you have to find a sub. I know it’s not the admins fault, but it’s gets to a point where I simply do not want to play pickups anymore because of it.

Rinta

Can we have some kinda pop-up window with a button when pickup is full, so that people who didn’t press the button in 1 min — get removed for afk, then wait for new people to fill empty slots and it repeats till all 12 players press the button?

This will seriously lower the amount of sub-searching and game-delaying.

I missed a pickup once cause I was watching a movie and didn’t notice it starting, simply as that (was even at my pc, just didn’t notice, all). You cannot force people just sit there and look straight at the website till pickup fills up, and some kind of afk-support is enabled for every pickup out there except for this one.

Quoted from Rinta

Can we have some kinda pop-up window with a button when pickup is full, so that people who didn’t press the button in 1 min — get removed for afk, then wait for new people to fill empty slots and it repeats till all 12 players press the button?

This will seriously lower the amount of sub-searching and game-delaying.

I missed a pickup once cause I was watching a movie and didn’t notice it starting, simply as that (was even at my pc, just didn’t notice, all). You cannot force people just sit there and look straight at the website till pickup fills up, and some kind of afk-support is enabled for every pickup out there except for this one.

If you’re not going to be there don’t say you will and when people aren’t there report them. Eventually things will run themselves

Crafz

Quoted from nTraum

in 9 out of 10 pickups played, you have to wait longer than 10 minutes to start a game. in 10 out of 10 games, you have to find a sub. I know it’s not the admins fault, but it’s gets to a point where I simply do not want to play pickups anymore because of it.

I’m trying to improve my coding and design skills but I need time for that. I can’t do a full rewrite over night and I don’t want to bother with the old code. The site is here and it’s running alight.
Fact is it’s still the only decent possibility to play pickups in Europe so if you keep complaining I can just shut the website down and leave to focus on other stuff I am interested in. I never got much out of the praise I got because I know what I made is not a quality product and I’m really not sure if learning node.js and websockes is a good investment in the future so if you want this project to die please continue with your nagging otherwise just keep quiet.

Last edited by Crafz,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I think you completely missed the point of my post mate.

onv

lethal zone = beasts

Rinta

Quoted from Chaplain

If you’re not going to be there don’t say you will and when people aren’t there report them. Eventually things will run themselves

Troll or?…

Doublemixes run themselves. In pickups it’s actually possible to make things convenient for people, afk manager being one of these convenient features.

Not saying “do it asap!”, just suggesting for future development.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Crafz

Fact is it’s still the only decent possibility to play pickups in Europe so if you keep complaining I can just shut the website down and leave to focus on other stuff I am interested in.

I don’t have any more questions.

Trath

Site isn’t working since today in the morning. I have searched hi and low, just can’t find the problem. The really weird thing is that as far as I can see, no files were changed since yesterday night (when the site was working).

Just gonna have to wait for Craftz for this one.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Crafz

Fact is it’s still the only decent possibility to play pickups in Europe so if you keep complaining I can just shut the website down and leave to focus on other stuff I am interested in.

hahahaha

Trath

site working again

Crafz

Quoted from nTraum

I think you completely missed the point of my post mate.

You missed mine, which is that you guys are repeating yourself. I did not hear about NEW suggestions or issues for weeks now. And I’m getting tired from reading the same forum posts and getting the same messages on steam over and over.

Quoted from Rinta

Doublemixes run themselves.

Not true, some bimbo/bimbos has to get people in mumble, a server has to be provided and set up, medic fight, picking teams. Not sure this is the easier way to play.

Last edited by Crafz,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Crafz

[…] You missed mine, which is that you guys are repeating yourself. I did not hear about NEW suggestions or issues for weeks now. And I’m getting tired from reading the same forum posts and getting the same messages on steam over and over.

Interesting enough nTraum did not ask for a feature, but stated an impression of his own. He also said that the admins are not at fault.

Edit: Also, people give you feedback. Please don’t moan about getting feedback?!

Last edited by ash,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 84 Next »