Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 84 Next »

Crafz

Hi.

Monkeys are working on it so expect some issues: TF2Pickup.net

If anyone wants to work with them on this. They need: Better monkeys or even humans. Help in coding would be appreciated, contact LaMqta if you are interested.

People who worked on this Project:
Crafz, Trath, Floube, Snelvuur, Awarche.

Last edited by Crafz,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Want want want want want want want want want want want…

Gladdy

System already exists, so why not use tf2lobby? Make sure the lobby is set to private and distribute the link + password in an IRC-channel so you keep the average lobbyer out.
Would be much easier than developing a whole new system and I don’t think this one has any major disadvantages, apart from lobby going down for a day or two every once in a while..

AnimaL

who is going to populate yet another tf2lobby.com?

Gladdy

Not another one, just use tf2lobby itself, but then with locked lobbies (which is already a possibility) and use an IRC channel to hand out the password.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Maybe a better idea would be to have a link to private lobbies on etf2l like with the streams :-x

Crafz

Quoted from Gladdy

and use an IRC channel to hand out the password.

Haha :D, this would so not work.

But yes, I could try this system out for my double mix group. I just remember the Germans trying that, and it didn’t really work out for them.

My dbmix group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dbmix

I just think a fully automated system would be more neat.

Last edited by Crafz,

Gladdy

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
Haha :D, this would so not work.

Please explain…

Panromir

|LZ|

When it comes to a server, I’m sure we could work something out, but at the moment I see no big difference between your concept and TF2Lobby

Crafz

Well, people are just to dumb or lazy to set up irc, let alone to auth in it. There already is a pick-up European TF2 players, which is pretty much dead. This is the reason I want to make it web based.

Crafz

Quoted from Panromir

When it comes to a server, I’m sure we could work something out,

I am pretty sure this would be the smallest issue.

but at the moment I see no big difference between your concept and TF2Lobby

We could use different channels for different divisions. All the ideas Skyride had for pixelpickup 2.0 actually deserve a review.

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
I am pretty sure this would be the smallest issue.

I am talking about a root server here.

Last edited by Panromir,

irfx

EPA

Omg I thought only russians tried to create a tf2lobby clone. Also I remember some guy at etf2l who told everyone about his matchmaking system that was “almost ready”, it was like back in 2010.

Last edited by irfx,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from irfx

Omg I thought only russians tried to create a tf2lobby clone. Also I remember some guy at etf2l who told everyone about his matchmaking system that was “almost ready”, it was like back in 2010.

Hey hey HEY, don’t you ever bad mouth Nightbox. TF2MM will be released alongside HL3.

Crafz

Quoted from Panromir

I am talking about a root server here.

Oh, yeah, would be nice. I forgot to say that the biggest difference would be it being a fairly controlled environment. Community managed, unlike lobby.
Quoted from irfx

This is not going to be a lobby clone.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 84 Next »