i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 Next »

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

That depends on how you define it. Players will be expected to pay for their own meals and any amenities that go outside of what could be expected of this fundraiser to provide. Aside from that, we have pledges from several of the teams to contribute quite an amount of cash, all of which will be added to the chipin so that we can see how it is contributing to our actual amount. As has been said before, there is some level of expectation that the ESEA lan winnings will at least in part go towards this.

What I meant is how much are they contributing to the tickets, travel, etc. I’m very much in favour of getting Americans into i46 but I want to be assured I’m not donating just to give someone a free holiday.

AnimaL

The best point this far

Last edited by AnimaL,

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

What I meant is how much are they contributing to the tickets, travel, etc. I’m very much in favour of getting Americans into i46 but I want to be assured I’m not donating just to give someone a free holiday.

A very good and valid concern. We are expecting total contributions per player, based on information we have and information published by the teams, including funds that they drive from their own streams into this fund, to measure into the several thousands of dollars.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

For those that don’t understand what shadow is saying:

they don’t know yet how much the yanks will contribute but they are making every effort to raise more money than any single person will contribute, after rsea is probably when we’ll see the first big influx from the teams themselves, then they’ll start focusing hard on their streaming fundraisers etc.

Tapley: you should have just asked for a hat to go to the winners of the tournament, to crown the best team, or aomething. That would have been pretty cool.

What are the yanks doing for computers? Are they bringing their own or renting some from mplay?

Last edited by Enef,

Leif

I think that, regardless of what will be decided and the money raised, NA players should at least pay their tickets, meals, and rental PC if they are not getting those on their own. This is the fairiest choice that could be done imo, as it will cost the same the EU players are paying for attending the lan.

So the funds should cover, if possible, the journey which is far more expensive than EU are paying, and part of the accomodation if possible too.

BTW slate raised a good point: what if the funds cant fully cover the journey for both teams? You said that you will be probably raise enough for one for sure, but the teams are 2.
So what if we collect, for example, only 15k$? it should be enough to send 1 team, but I doubt it will send both teams to the lan (if you order now, the cheapiest fly tickets from NA airports are at least 800€, and the cost will obviously raise with the time). Where will the rough $5k go?

Last edited by Leif,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Leif

Where will the rough $5k go?

Add it to the TF2 pricepot.

Black_Bob

[DA]

How about if that worse case scenario happens, ask the people who donated what they would like to do with there donations. I understand it would be to much of a loss to refund the cash but surly the person who donated should get a say into where there donation finnaly ends up.

But i hope it dosent end like that!

Thinking of it my vote is highlander prize fund @i46 for my donation!

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from BoneS

[…]

YES DARN IS LAN

Doubt I will go without a team, without any games to be played these events might be too hazardous to my health.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

bad excuse

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Darn

[…]

Doubt I will go without a team, without any games to be played these events might be too hazardous to my health.

But we need you to beat the Americans!

atmo

literally!

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Leif

I think that, regardless of what will be decided and the money raised, NA players should at least pay their tickets, meals, and rental PC if they are not getting those on their own. This is the fairiest choice that could be done imo, as it will cost the same the EU players are paying for attending the lan.

So the funds should cover, if possible, the journey which is far more expensive than EU are paying, and part of the accomodation if possible too.

We will be doing what teams in NA have come to expect from being sent by a sponsor organisation to an event to compete in our name. Travel, full accommodation and, in this case, that means PCs for those who cannot bring a laptop of sufficient quality. This leaves us with a problem because Multiplay is out of rental PCs and I am not sure at this time how we are going to solve that issue. The cost quote has taken into account all of these things. Meals are not being payed for, entry tickets are already arranged. From their perspective, they are not going to a lan for shits and giggles, they are going with the intention to compete against european teams and bring home a title, much like travelling to ESEA lan.

IPZIE

SUAVE

like said before im not gonna give a single dollar ( and i would give you some ^ _ ^ ) if i dont know what happens to the money if you cant bring teams here. im just waiting for your plan for this right now

atmo

Salamancer on NATF2:
At least one team is guaranteed to [go]. If the fundraiser doesn’t achieve a $10k mark, whatever funds are collected will simply defray the cost of flying.

Last edited by atmo,

Waebi

‹Con›

You all are making me laugh, cringe and cry so hard at the same time. This is you, this is what you all said in like 10+ posts in this thread:

“HEY GUYS, I’M SO PSYCHED, AND I WOULD LOOOOOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPENING, BUT I AM JUST NOT SURE IF AN ORGANISATION THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR SUCH A LONG TIME (AND IS COMPARABLE TO VANILLATF2, EVEN BIGGER IN FACT) CAN BE TRUSTED TO HANDLE THE 10 DOLLARS IM GONNA CHIP IN, BECAUSE I AM POOR AND IRISH.” (no offense Admirable <3)

You may QQ now, but I am telling you, if this fails because of your hesitations, you will QQ even more.

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 Next »