i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 Next »

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

20,000 seems a hell of a lot to get knocked out in the groups

Hallow

P.O.P

Say like “It’s not gonna happen if don’t get another $1000”. Wait for results. Repeat 20 times. Done.

IPZIE

SUAVE

well waebi there are people that are able to spent a lil bit more than this. so ?!

pyyyour

Vazzan, I am coming for you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78898876/brad-medic2.png

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from IPZIE

well waebi there are people that are able to spent a lil bit more than this. so ?!

This

And also, more transparency and a bit more security might help people as dutch as me (pun intended) to get in more easily. Im not even sure if ill be able to make it to the LAN myself (student association:>), but even if i wouldnt be able to come, please clarify everything about the money needed and the cash the players chip in themselves. People asking are not cheap but just a little worried what would happen if this doesnt get above 10K and also what kind of weird prostitutes yanks would buy with the money

Furthermore, id rather see 2 NA teams than 150 shit EU/UKmixteams claiming they re competing for the prizes. Even when having no yanks in Europe is definitely worth celebrating.

Last edited by Vlijm,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from IPZIE

Admirable donated 300$, despite being poor and irish. Your argument is invalid. They already explained in like 5 posts what happens to the money, so i dont see the problem atm.

IPZIE

SUAVE

I honestly can´t find any explanations and it seems a lot of other people cant find them aswell + i dont really see how admirables 300dollar donation is relevant to my worries and makes my point invalid. So i would just like you to give me the text parts where i can see what happens with the money in the worst case scenario
edit: fyi i already donated but would give much more with more information

Last edited by IPZIE,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I understand what ipz is saying, all donations from euros are purely for getting an american team to i46. If for some reason said american team did not make it, then euros would be angry if their donations got used for say extv’s american coverage. I dont think they have stated anywhere what will happen with those donations in the event that no teams come to i46.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

maybe VanillaTF2 could step up and collect some of the EU donations and forward them to extv if everything goes as planned and keep the money if not.

Last edited by slate,

Sketch

MM

i think if the fund isnt raised all the money raised so far should go into the prizepool for i46

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Sod the prize pool. If the target isnt met put the bloody money behind the bar for the TF2 community. -.-

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]

This

And also, more transparency and a bit more security might help people as dutch as me (pun intended) to get in more easily. Im not even sure if ill be able to make it to the LAN myself (student association:>), but even if i wouldnt be able to come, please clarify everything about the money needed and the cash the players chip in themselves. People asking are not cheap but just a little worried what would happen if this doesnt get above 10K and also what kind of weird prostitutes yanks would buy with the money

Furthermore, id rather see 2 NA teams than 150 shit EU/UKmixteams claiming they re competing for the prizes. Even when having no yanks in Europe is definitely worth celebrating.

Right, I want a list of direct questions, numbered and not in paragraph form, and I will answer them as best I can. It is super hard to take apart paragraphs and paragraphs of people who are asking questions that have already been answered and answer every single point directly, so from this point forward I want it in this format:

1. Question 1?
2. Question 2?

please be concise.

I can answer one right now. The teams will not be getting any money directly except for the exact amount for a plane ticket which, for logistics reasons, will be bought by the players themselves (in america, usually the person who bought the ticket needs to be the person to check in etc).

If you guys would like an item by item breakdown of costs using an example team then I can write that up for you all.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

1. What is the priority spending list? ie. Pay for flights -> shirts -> coverage -> hookers

2. What happens if you don’t get enough money to pay for even one team to go?

3. What heppens if you get more than enough money to send one team but not two? What happens to the excess money?

Edit: eXtine just answered most of these questions on natf2.com, but the answers should be on this forum as well

Last edited by Beater,

Quoted from Beater

2. What happens if you don’t get enough money to pay for even one team to go?

3. What heppens if you get more than enough money to send one team but not two? What happens to the excess money?

This. The biggest question right now is what happens with excess money.
What happens if you only make $4000? Not enough to send one team, where does the money go?
What happens if you make $14,000? Enough to send one team, where does the excess $4,000 go?

No offence, but Europeans probably don’t want it to go to extv’s pocket because extv’s coverage rarely benefits the European scene.

Kerch

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Right, I want a list of direct questions, numbered and not in paragraph form, and I will answer them as best I can. It is super hard to take apart paragraphs and paragraphs of people who are asking questions that have already been answered and answer every single point directly, so from this point forward I want it in this format:

1. Question 1?
2. Question 2?

please be concise.

I can answer one right now. The teams will not be getting any money directly except for the exact amount for a plane ticket which, for logistics reasons, will be bought by the players themselves (in america, usually the person who bought the ticket needs to be the person to check in etc).

If you guys would like an item by item breakdown of costs using an example team then I can write that up for you all.

Make an official FAQ.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 Next »