huhystah

Quoted from Shintaz

Get djc and clockwork over.

To cast, because he is amazing

Extremer

djc lancasting would be amazing.

wOlliee

Quoted from Black_Bob

Now all we need is the original dignitas lan team to show up to complete the show :D

that would be sick

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

Even if they can’t ‘sell’ an item per se, could there be a medal or hat for people who’ve donated? I’m fairly sure Kritzkast did something like that..(?)..

The problem is that kritzcast did do that already. From what I have heard, apparently they went supremely overboard with the whole thing and kinda ruined it for the rest of us. I dont know any details, but that’s kinda what I heard.

Quoted from slate

[…]

Yea, that still doesn’t really answer my question, I’m far more concerned that it doesn’t happen at all (yanks going to i46) rather than raising too much money. If you raised like $5000 now, which does not get a single team to the UK, what would happen with the $5k?

Another thing:

Regarding use of excess funding, I’m not a huge fan of raising the prize pot, personally i couldn’t care less how much money the winner gets, as I’m not taking part (and would have no chance to win anyways) I’d only donate to -see- it happen and VanillaTF2 would make that possible for me. So I’d much rather see any leftovers to go to them or their respective US counterparts.

As for this, unfortunately right now I don’t really have an answer for you other than that we are almost 100% certain we can raise the money for at least one team to go without issue. Unfortunately that is just the kind of risk you have to take with projects like this and there are no easy answers to those questions. Logistically it isnt really feasible to pay everyone back, especially because as we get further into the drive, we will have more and more donations under 5-10 pounds. Once we take out the cut from chipin (which is small), the taxes on donations and then take out taxation on money transfer the other way, we are looking at a net loss of significant amounts of money.

If you have any suggestions as to a solution of this problem, let me know here, but the way I see it, our best bet is to spend all our efforts ensuring that inst a problem, and that means hitting donation drives hard and finding alternative sources of income (auctions, fundraisers, marathons, sponsorships etc).

As for leftovers, that is something that we as a community can discuss, but if we arent donating it to the prize pot, basically we will probably use it to further eXtv’s international presence.

shdwpuppet

Quoted from huhystah

[…]
To cast, because he is amazing

If vanillatf2 wants to get him over for casting, they are more than welcome :D

extv will not be doing primary live broadcast coverage for the event unless requested to by vanillatv.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from shdwpuppet

If you have any suggestions as to a solution of this problem, let me know here

Kickstarter has built-in all-or-nothing funding ability. No money changes hands until the project is fully funded. http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics#AlloFund
Possibly too late to switch to that though.

EDIT: Disregard, Kickstarter won’t let people use it for donations to causes.

Quoted from shdwpuppet

As for leftovers, that is something that we as a community can discuss, but if we arent donating it to the prize pot, basically we will probably use it to further eXtv’s international presence.

This is a bit of a hmmmmm for me. No offence, I love eXtv and what you do, but if I, a European, was donating money and it was left over, I would rather it went to furthering the Euro scene (such as VanillaTV) rather than the NA one. I suspect I won’t be alone in that.

Last edited by almightybob,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I’d rather eXTv got the money and did some EU Casts if possible than Vanilla get it.

Sketch

MM

I found the solution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9lLi1CN-8&feature=player_detailpage#t=21s

JimmyBreeze

k^m

djc to LAN

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Enef

I’d rather eXTv got the money and did some EU Casts if possible than Vanilla get it.

Why would they need money to cast an EU game exactly? They don’t need to fly over here just to cast an online game… :S

Last edited by Leftism,

toasty.

PHX

Darn has to be their! We need a campaign for the FINNS to come back, the tf2 kings of europe.

BRING BACK DARN!

Last edited by toasty.,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from toasty.

Darn has to be their! We need a campaign for the FINNS to come back, the tf2 euro kings of europe.

YES DARN IS LAN

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

How much are the players themselves paying towards LAN?

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Morphine

How much are the players themselves paying towards LAN?

That depends on how you define it. Players will be expected to pay for their own meals and any amenities that go outside of what could be expected of this fundraiser to provide. Aside from that, we have pledges from several of the teams to contribute quite an amount of cash, all of which will be added to the chipin so that we can see how it is contributing to our actual amount. As has been said before, there is some level of expectation that the ESEA lan winnings will at least in part go towards this.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »