Forum

DStM brings in a new DM server!

Created 25th June 2011 @ 20:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

atmo

Quoted from Si^

[…]

Well that would be a lil silly, current implementation is headshot kills only but for sniper limit can’t comment as I don’t know.

What’s silly about it?

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from atmo

[…]
What’s silly about it?

Snipers won’t be able to kill but be able to be killed that’s silly from the start and half of dm for me is not practising aim but movement and staying alive which is pointless if you can’t even defend yourself.
Saying snipers shouldn’t be able to be killed as well as not be able to kill isn’t a fix, plus it would be unbenifical in most cases.
Imo

atmo

I think the point would be that people would (hopefully) leave snipers alone as they don’t pose any threat.

For me, snipers are always a source of frustration in DM. Either I am the sniper and I’m just getting killed unless I hide in a corner, or I’m getting plucked out of the air by a sniper that’s barely in my range of vision.

Trane

Quoted from atmo

I think the point would be that people would (hopefully) leave snipers alone as they don’t pose any threat.

For me, snipers are always a source of frustration in DM. Either I am the sniper and I’m just getting killed unless I hide in a corner, or I’m getting plucked out of the air by a sniper that’s barely in my range of vision.

Good snipers are the ones that can hit heads in pressure situations and be aggressive.

It’s easy to hide behind you heavies (i.e. be ‘left alone’) in a match and pick off aggressive enemies but that sort of play doesn’t tend to gain you advantage in a tight game.

DMing sniper will improve your game more than you think, just don’t care so much about dying and getting spammed.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from atmo

Can you make the sniper rifle do 0 dmg? Then they can still practise and headshot you and stuff but you don’t get annoyed by them killing you. It should still notify the sniper that they got a headshot though.

how bout making ever weapon 0 dmg and notify you hit someone :D

Konfy

there are often FTP players on the server who don’t even know how to rocket jump…

did you think about this plugin: [Link] ?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

They are there to practice maybe?

What’s wrong with that?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Konfy

there are often FTP players on the server who don’t even know how to rocket jump…

did you think about this plugin: [Link] ?

This is exactly the kind of thinking that almost killed the game. Valve gave us a second chance, let’s not make the same mistakes.

huhystah

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

What’s wrong with that?

Konfy

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

What’s wrong with that?

No fun, no training, no warm up, no challenge. it’s just like raping very very bad public players, even tr_walkway is more interesting with bots that don’t move…

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from Konfy

[…]
No fun, no training, no warm up, no challenge. it’s just like raping very very bad public players, even tr_walkway is more interesting with bots that don’t move…

Well, the new players are there aswell to train and have fun so top being such a elitist cunt.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Konfy

[…]

then go and play tr_walkway

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Konfy

[…]

Well I guess since you’re obviously more important than anyone else in the game, we should just ban everyone below Div3, right?

Konfy

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

Well I guess since you’re obviously more important than anyone else in the game, we should just ban everyone below Div3, right?

hell no, but I prefer to play against ppl who know the basics.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

;_______________________;

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »