Forum

TF2 on UKeSA game list.

Created 13th January 2009 @ 13:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

shifty

Sir

Taken from cadred.org: http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/48749/

13th January 2009 (London, UK) – The United Kingdom eSports Association (UKeSA), the official governing body for competitive gaming in the UK, today announced a £35,000 prize fund for the new eSports leagues: The Premiership, The Championship and The Cup tournaments. The first ever UKeSA national season starts in February 2009 with the announcement of the free to enter Open Divisions

Competitions will be played on PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii platforms. New games released which have an online competitive element will feature immediately in the free play Open Divisions, popularity will define which games make it to the all important Championship levels and ultimately professional Premiership levels where teams will get the chance to compete for prize funds, and even earn seasonal retainers. The game titles kicking off the historic first Open season are now confirmed as:

Game list below updated at 20:50 13/01/2009. Warcraft III has been changed from Reign of Chaos to Frozen Throne, World of Warcraft will be Wrath of the Lich King, Halo 3 has been added, and Warhammer 40k has been removed until its release.
PC

* Counter Strike: Source (Valve Corporation)
* Day of Defeat: Source (Valve Corporation)
* Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Valve Corporation)
* Counter Strike 1.6 (Valve Corporation)
* Team Fortress 2 (Valve Corporation)
* Warcraft III Frozen Throne (Blizzard Entertainment)
* Call of Duty IV: Modern Warfare (Activision)
* Company of Heroes (THQ)
* FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
* World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Blizzard Entertainment)

Nintendo Wii

* Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Nintendo)
* Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

Microsoft XBOX 360

* Gears of War 2 (Microsoft Games Studios)
* Guitar Hero 3 (Activision)
* Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft Games Studios)
* Halo 3 (Bungie)

Sony PlayStation 3

* Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)
* Pro Evo Soccer 9 (Konami)

“UKeSA aims to make eSports accessible to everyone,” said Ray Mia, Chief Executive of UKeSA. “We are looking very closely at how we can build a sustainable model. Anyone who has competed in an eSports league or tournament will tell you, once you’ve played videogames competitively there’s no looking back. This roster of Season One games for the Open Division mixes online favourites with the latest chart successes. In short, there’s something for everyone, pick up and play for fun in our Open Divisions, or get motivated and become a professional eSports Star at Championship or Premiership level, or maybe perform a giant killing act in our knock out Cup competitions. We’ll be launching new titles in the Open Division over the coming weeks and months, ultimately it will be the gamers who decide what titles we run with, but its simple, we’re giving gamers the option to decide what level they want to play at.”

Season One for the 2009 UKeSA Premiership, Championship and Open Divisions is due to start in February and will be featured online (IPTV/VOD) and in print, the professional levels will also have significant coverage on television, with the events culminating at a Gaming Exhibition in London in April 2009.

Requirments list also taken from cadred.org http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/45813/

Another interesting post to look at by cadred.org about UKeSA http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/46368/ if TF2 could be pushed into the championship/premiership leagues. (Middle of the post downwards).

Take a look, its important.

So thoughts? Bit time constraint as this begins next month. We need to make this open league popular for the chance of some ££££.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Possibly the best news tf2 has ever had

rge

finally i can earn my money with mario cart

YoungBlood

Girafe >

With the UK restriction I guess Redline, KC, 00, delerium, druidz, dmg, dt, eld, fb etc. wont be able to participate which is unfortunate.

But new tournaments with the possibility of maybe competing for money cant be a bad thing.

shifty

Sir

Have to be uk based teams/orgs :(, could see some movement?

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/45813/

Requirement list.

SfynX

T2P

iv been looking closely at UKeSA and im rly liking the idea, but yet its unfortunate that other countries cant compete but i guess that what it means by UKesa

Swarley

cool^m

Even though it is restricted to UK based teams/orgs it will still give TF2 a lot of new players and make more public players see the competitive side of the game and hopefully want to take part in it. I think this is going to be great for UK gaming and TF2 as a whole.

Great post shifje.

shifty

Sir

Copy / paste ;p

JimmyBreeze

k^m

The Team Manager must be British and UK based.

Surely we can loophole that… paypal me for my UK based team management skills. :)

perry

[MIPC]

anyone wanna be my manager for smash bros brawl :(

N/A

RaWr ::

popularity will define which games make it to the all important Championship levels and ultimately professional Premiership levels where teams will get the chance to compete for prize funds, and even earn seasonal retainers.

Time to sort it out me thinks ;’)

shifty

Sir

Might be of interest if we could push tf2 to be popular to get into championship/premiership leagues.

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/46368/ by cadred.org again.

Sponsorship events

One of the key purposes of the UKeSA is to act as a facilitator for introducing Team Managers to interested sponsors. To this end UKeSA will hold a seasonal event where Premiership Team Managers can present themselves to a group of potential sponsors who have already expressed an interest in eSports and have assigned budget to support Teams. Only Premiership and Championship Team managers who have attended the UKeSA Sponsorship Awareness training may attend these events. The first event is planned for February 2009.

Evil

This one time at i33, I saw shifty.

Jay

wMiC?

im a uk team

i am

yessssssssssss

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

This is good stuff. I will be looking into it myself.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »