Forum

TF2 on UKeSA game list.

Created 13th January 2009 @ 13:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

shifty

Sir

Edited post in conjunction with cadred.org – changes stated on 3rd paragraph down.

Warcraft III has been changed from Reign of Chaos to Frozen Throne, World of Warcraft will be Wrath of the Lich King, Halo 3 has been added, and Warhammer 40k has been removed until its release.

Not that it means anything to us.

Akill

arx: just saying that with starcraft getting more competitive attention, more gamers will step up for the UK. the only reason korean is so far ahead is BECAUSE they have a strong competitive scene. With starcraft being a big number for the UK the skill gap will lessen, even if by a bit :P Within the years we will catch up. If the UKESA becomes a hit we could see gamers put on salary.

when you look at football, england was dominant in its early years, because we played the game. Then when all the foreign countries started hiring teams, making them professional and putting them on salary, England was miles behind.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

It’s too late for starcraft to be added. The WCG UK qualifiers struggled to get 8 players (who actually played their games). UKeSA will add Starcraft 2 when it is released for sure, so I wouldn’t worry about that. I’d be more concerned that the Korean scene sticks with SC1 than move over to SC2. That would be tradgic for the scene.

Akill

As was my concern, i dont think they will move to sc2, perhaps they will have a seperate sc2 scene, and have sc1 thrive alongside it. From what ive seen of sc2 multiplayer it plays so differently and more like any other modern rts that it wont be as rich as sc1. i have hopes for sc2 however and if it kicks off in korea it will be a hit everywhere

N/A

RaWr ::

Starcraft ninja’d the thread!

Akill

and you managed to kill it :P well done

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3