Forum

#pixeltf2.pickup

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 24 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Edd

if you weren’t such a prick about it then maybe someone would care…

I just find it odd that it is not allowed to use a combination of classes that is clearly working. It would be different if a different combination of classes would result in getting rolled…

WildCard

Quoted from Edd

if you weren’t such a prick about it then maybe someone would care…

….I…..care….:(

:D

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Miss you cow man :(

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I like this picjupzzz

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I just find it odd that it is not allowed to use a combination of classes that is clearly working. It would be different if a different combination of classes would result in getting rolled…

You could’ve talked about it to the pickup admins instead of just going ahead and ignoring the *rules* (nobody is above the rules and you are no exception). Maybe it would’ve made a difference, maybe not, but at least you wouldn’t have been banned.

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

If it’s clearly working, do show the demos of Knights (or any other Div1+ team) running a fulltime Gunslinger Engineer. Oh wait, you can’t show them from Knights:

When asked if Knights ever runs a fulltime Engineer:

[11:14] @ShoX|Work> Errr, what?
[11:17] @ShoX|Work> As for the first question, do we use a full time Engi on blands
[11:17] @ShoX|Work> No would be the answer

The reason it worked is because you had pickups where the teams were in your favor and you proceed to take the piss out of things by ruining it for other people including people from your own team. When pointed out that you did, you basically told people to deal with it. The game before that you used the Direct Hit and the Battalion’s Backup, and while you switched away from them when it was pointed out it shows you either haven’t read the rules or simply can’t be arsed to follow them, neither something we want in here. After that, despite the fact we made it quite clear that we don’t want that shit, you run full time Engineer again.

You haven’t run full time Engineer whenever the teams were equal, you were simply taking the piss out of the fact there’s no functioning balance system yet.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

how bout using a whitelist for pickups?
its sad but its always needed because of to much idiots ingame -_-

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

how bout using a whitelist for pickups?

I think we do use whitelists now, sort of as a result to this. The NE servers do, at any rate. Not sure about the rest to be honest, but I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t as well.

Mark

Phase

Free koeitje

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I think we do use whitelists now, sort of as a result to this. The NE servers do, at any rate. Not sure about the rest to be honest, but I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t as well.

The first pug we messed about with battalion backup and the buff banner (Sparkle was the first to switch fyi). Clearly there wasn’t a white list during that time. But that was more the result of the same thing that killed the pixelpugs last time. Me and Sparkle soldier and ViQun scout vs a team that consisted of no player above division 4? Its just the balance issues all over again. No wonder you get so many pugs going if they don’t even last 10 minutes…

After that the initialized a whitelist, so we couldn’t use any banned weapons. Which we didn’t. I called out to my team I’d play engineer the first round and see how it goes, they had no problem with that. Worked out quite well, and I don’t really see a problem getting 20 frags playing only engineer and helping my team actually win. Hell, there are people playing those pugs that can’t even outfrag medics :D. I switched back to soldier when they were about to push our last (when I had the time), since I realized that a mini-sentry wouldn’t be much good. Mini-sentry is a great tool for quick area denial and covering ones back. But anyways, my team won 3-2 (which we would have won quicker if we’d actually ran a soldier or scout, but guess 2 pyro, engi and sniper worked well enough) and 5-0.

I might have missed it in the rules, but nowhere it says you can’t use those other classes. It showed real class to make up those rules while playing (by blocking ALL classes kept for the standard ones). It would have been different story if my team was losing.

@BB: my team was having a laugh. On both occasions. I saved Ben by building a sentry in front of him to catch an incoming rocket. Highskilleering.

Last edited by Koeitje,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Also not to mention knights normal games are probably slightly harder than your average pixelpickup, voiding that point entierly

Spike Himself

TC

So basically you’re just challenging the system because you can? Bit childish, no? The skill balance thing is being worked on, fyi. Meanwhile, nobody is stopping you to try and use some common sense.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spike Himself

So basically you’re just challenging the system because you can? Bit childish, no? The skill balance thing is being worked on, fyi. Meanwhile, nobody is stopping you to try and use some common sense.

No, I’m playing engineer because I enjoy the class and clearly do it will enough to get my team to win. FUN = BANNED.

Or are you responding to my “having a laugh”? That was in response to BB saying that my team didn’t want me to play it. I’d say that at least 4 out 6 were having a great time in my team. We weren’t fucking about, we were actually trying to win. Which we did.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I called out to my team I’d play engineer the first round and see how it goes, they had no problem with that. Worked out quite well, and I don’t really see a problem getting 20 frags playing only engineer and helping my team actually win.

Actually, we were getting railed 2-0 until another member of our team changed to engy for the mid fight. In that round, almost all of our team off-classed and things started to change in our favour.

I have no problem with what class you want to play dude, even engy can work well. But it personally wasn’t very fun for me (being a noob medic, it was much harder to adapt to chasing off-classes everywhere). With 10 minutes to go, I changed to heavy just so I was able to defend myself, and block opposing scouts from easy backcaps.

I think people/admins have more problems with your attitude after and outside the game, rather than what you actually did in it. But don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get re-invited eventually, just chill out. Arguing on forums isn’t doing you any favours really.

Dummy

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

The first pug we messed about with battalion backup and the buff banner (Sparkle was the first to switch fyi). Clearly there wasn’t a white list during that time. But that was more the result of the same thing that killed the pixelpugs last time. Me and Sparkle soldier and ViQun scout vs a team that consisted of no player above division 4? Its just the balance issues all over again. No wonder you get so many pugs going if they don’t even last 10 minutes…

After that the initialized a whitelist, so we couldn’t use any banned weapons. Which we didn’t. I called out to my team I’d play engineer the first round and see how it goes, they had no problem with that. Worked out quite well, and I don’t really see a problem getting 20 frags playing only engineer and helping my team actually win. Hell, there are people playing those pugs that can’t even outfrag medics :D. I switched back to soldier when they were about to push our last (when I had the time), since I realized that a mini-sentry wouldn’t be much good. Mini-sentry is a great tool for quick area denial and covering ones back. But anyways, my team won 3-2 (which we would have won quicker if we’d actually ran a soldier or scout, but guess 2 pyro, engi and sniper worked well enough) and 5-0.

I might have missed it in the rules, but nowhere it says you can’t use those other classes. It showed real class to make up those rules while playing (by blocking ALL classes kept for the standard ones). It would have been different story if my team was losing.

@BB: my team was having a laugh. On both occasions. I saved Ben by building a sentry in front of him to catch an incoming rocket. Highskilleering.

its called common sense not trolling the opponent. kind of like… whoever was it, some div 4 clan who actually used weird tactics in officials, w/e,… if you do this in PCWs or officials then sure, but you obviously don’t so you’re just being a jackass to the enemy
if you had any common sense you would not be banned but alas, you cant grasp that concept for whatever reason you have (which usually is “im right youre not because im right”, gg)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 24 Next »