Forum

#pixeltf2.pickup

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koeitje

Or are you responding to

Go for a walk or something and then come back to read your own posts. It will make sense, I promise ;)

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Ritalin

I have no problem with what class you want to play dude, even engy can work well. But it personally wasn’t very fun for me (being a noob medic, it was much harder to adapt to chasing off-classes everywhere). With 10 minutes to go, I changed to heavy just so I was able to defend myself, and block opposing scouts from easy backcaps.

Switching from medic to heavy, most awesome tactic ever! I wish that was a viable tactic outside pickups… Sounds like it’s time to start playing pickups again.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
its called common sense not trolling the opponent. kind of like… whoever was it, some div 4 clan who actually used weird tactics in officials, w/e,… if you do this in PCWs or officials then sure, but you obviously don’t so you’re just being a jackass to the enemy
if you had any common sense you would not be banned but alas, you cant grasp that concept for whatever reason you have (which usually is “im right youre not because im right”, gg)

I will actually try it in pcws. I always thought the gunslinger was banned, but seems it is only the wrangler that is (and with good reason). I’m in favor of making more classes viable and the gunslinger and degreaser do that without actually breaking some other aspects of the game (such as the gru do)

@ ritalin, sorry about that. But it can be considered good practice to deal with changing circumstances. It basically was just positioning that got you killed, a couple of times you were picked off from behind because you weren’t close enough to the rest of us + my sentry (only those deaths in the enemy lobby could have been avoided by having a soldier, because our demo was dead). Switching classes as medic to defend last isn’t bad, I’ve seen F2 do it ;).

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Go for a walk or something and then come back to read your own posts. It will make sense, I promise ;)

Enlighten me. You are connecting pixel balance is shit with off classing?

Hell, the entire win/lose/shitbalance/unlocks argument shouldn’t even matter. I played within the ruleset allowed by the pickup(ml1 dl1 cl2, gunslinger allowed). Apparently one can just change these rules mid-game.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Hmm, I can agree with that to a certain extent, yeah. It’s cool though

Last edited by Ritalin,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Ritalin

Hmm, I can agree with that to a certain extent, yeah. It’s cool though

I think you’d learn more from mixing than unbalanced pickups. Until the balancing system is in place there will be very few games that will actually help you progress.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

turning a clear 5-0 into a 3-2 by offclassing and assholing around isn t fun for the “noob” team that lose it annoyes even more if you strech a match longer against rolling-enemys.
so why dont make fair teams if you see teams are unbalanced by yourself? why not roll them in 5 minutes and start the next pickup and hope teams are more even?
no the pro guys need to be funny and have fun with the “noob” guys.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

Switching from medic to heavy, most awesome tactic ever! I wish that was a viable tactic outside pickups… Sounds like it’s time to start playing pickups again.

I have done it before when defending last and the enemy already has uber (and I am yet to spawn). It works in certain situations. Medic to pyro is also good in some situations.

Last edited by octochris,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

how bout using a whitelist for pickups?
its sad but its always needed because of to much idiots ingame -_-

We do. However I don’t have FTP access to the NE servers atm (1 and 2), but it should be on the rest.

Enlighten me. You are connecting pixel balance is shit with off classing?

1) The bot isn’t using balance atm.
2) Off-classing won’t matter when it is because we set peoples skill for each class individually.

Your ban doesn’t sound unreasonable to me in the slightest. You broke the rules, and are now trying to discuss why the rules are wrong. Higher div players doing this is what damaged the channel last time, so I have no issues with giving anyone bans for pulling this shit.

Quoted from Koeitje

I think you’d learn more from mixing than unbalanced pickups. Until the balancing system is in place there will be very few games that will actually help you progress.

Depends who he’s mixing with. Lower div mixes are notorious for skill faking or not playing properly.

Last edited by Skyride,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

mixing with “pro” players is shit if you are div5 and you roll a div4 team only cos the div1 guy in your team has 80 points doesnt help you very much…. even more worse is when he uses shit classes or shit weapons cos he is bored by playing normal…

Jaskey

So much rage about it all, If you dont like the rules then just dont play.. stop complaining. Played a pickup yesterday where they had high div scouts mainclassing, None of our team were higher than div4, we drue 3-3, Goes to show “pro” players cant allways carry you no…

Last edited by Jaskey,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Your ban doesn’t sound unreasonable to me in the slightest. You broke the rules, and are now trying to discuss why the rules are wrong. Higher div players doing this is what damaged the channel last time, so I have no issues with giving anyone bans for pulling this shit.

I only broke 1 rule. Using the battalion backup + TDH. Just as my teammate did. Can you ban Sparkle to? In that same game I also had a gunslinger/wrangler battle with rge. He wasn’t banned.

But wait, I wasn’t banned for that. I was banned for playing engineer with the gunslinger, which is allowed by the rules. It’s like getting a speeding ticket in a for speeding because you went 60mph on a 60mph road but the police officer decided that he would change it to a 50mph road just because he feels like it. If you feel that there needs to be a rule against playing utility feel free to implement it, but you can’t ban people based on rules you changed after the fact.

What destroyed the old pickup was the complete lack of balancing. Shame you haven’t bothered to implement it. Maybe you should ask F2 for his bot.

Quoted from Jaskey

So much rage about it all, If you dont like the rules then just dont play.. stop complaining. Played a pickup yesterday where they had high div scouts mainclassing, None of our team were higher than div4, we drue 3-3, Goes to show “pro” players cant allways carry you no…

The rules are fine. I adhered to the rules kept for the tdh/buffbanner/blabla game we had before. But I wasn’t banned for that. If I was banned for that they should also ban some others. I still have the demo.

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

mixing with “pro” players is shit if you are div5 and you roll a div4 team only cos the div1 guy in your team has 80 points doesnt help you very much…. even more worse is when he uses shit classes or shit weapons cos he is bored by playing normal…

The guy is a medic, its the class that can learn the most from mixing with higher skilled people.

tldr: got banned cause people got butthurt.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Dummy

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I only broke 1 rule. Using the battalion backup + TDH. Just as my teammate did. Can you ban Sparkle to? In that same game I also had a gunslinger/wrangler battle with rge. He wasn’t banned.

But wait, I wasn’t banned for that. I was banned for playing engineer with the gunslinger, which is allowed by the rules. It’s like getting a speeding ticket in a for speeding because you went 60mph on a 60mph road but the police officer decided that he would change it to a 50mph road just because he feels like it. If you feel that there needs to be a rule against playing utility feel free to implement it, but you can’t ban people based on rules you changed after the fact.

What destroyed the old pickup was the complete lack of balancing. Shame you haven’t bothered to implement it. Maybe you should ask F2 for his bot.

[…]

The rules are fine. I adhered to the rules kept for the tdh/buffbanner/blabla game we had before. But I wasn’t banned for that. If I was banned for that they should also ban some others. I still have the demo.

[…]

The guy is a medic, its the class that can learn the most from mixing with higher skilled people.

you broke a rule, then behaved very arrogantly and proceeded to act like a douche as engineer in the next pug and to admins and on the forums afterwards. deal with the fact this is not the real world, so rules are subject to being flexed and interpreted differently. also, what killed the previous pug was a) what the people above you said and b) a period of unstable servers which killed off anyone wanting to play

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
you broke a rule, then behaved very arrogantly and proceeded to act like a douche as engineer in the next pug and to admins and on the forums afterwards. deal with the fact this is not the real world, so rules are subject to being flexed and interpreted differently. also, what killed the previous pug was a) what the people above you said and b) a period of unstable servers which killed off anyone wanting to play

Yes of course it seems like I’m acting arrogant. But remember that only started AFTER I got banned for it. I played within the given ruleset and got banned for it. Basically what happened is that people lost to a team running an engineer and got mad and began to QQ.

What killed the old pug:
– no balance, so all teams were fucked up over half the time -> leads to fucking about because there is literally no point in playing <10min games and Adam completely ignoring this problem ever since the pug channel opened. It had been suggested so many times to have some sort of balance but he couldn't be bothered. The same is happening now. Its awesome that he runs the channel, but if you want to do something at least do it right.
– unstable servers

Last edited by Koeitje,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

it was all cos you are too good for it!
deal with it nao bad ass pwner!

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Just make a new auth don’t tell anyone and get over it you dutch faggot

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 Next »