Forum

Breaking Bad - Greatest TV Drama of all time?

Created 17th September 2013 @ 14:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Leif

Quoted from Clark

[…]

I don’t think a warning that he might get killed, especially when the ones warning him have proof (even if it’s a fake one), can be called “forcing plot over character”.
If you watched the previous episodes carefully you could notice that Huell had absolutely no idea what Walter was capable of and what to expect from him.
I think even Saul would have bought Hank’s story.

this

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

gossip girl ftw XD

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Lost
Ugly Americans
American Horror Story

Clark

SDCK!

It’s happening, man.
The ultimate episode next week already :(

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Meth Damon delivers his most chilling performance yet.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from emb

Meth Damon delivers his most chilling performance yet.

they should make a spin off show with him instead of saul.

Leif

Let’s talk about how moving the last scene was (the bar one).
I really felt sorry for Walt (Jesse too, the nazis are fucking cruel to him) these 2 episodes, more than ever.

Last edited by Leif,

EmilioEstevez

GG

Really wasn’t a fan of the penultimate ep. Walts coughing fit was a bit on the nose and Jessie is just being kept alive so he can have some big cliched finale. The chemo scene was great but then the ending sort of ruined all the build up throughout the episode portraying Walt as frail and pathetic.

Walts phonecall to Skylar would have been a perfect place to end the show imo, with him disappearing. Cant help but feel whatever they come up with wont leave me caring/interested as much as the end of that episode did.

Quoted from Leif

I really felt sorry for Walt (Jesse too, the nazis are fucking cruel to him) these 2 episodes, more than ever.

This is one of my peeves about the show. Walt and Jessie are clearly bad people, all the stuff they have been involved in, people they have killed, lives they ruined all for greed and yet they are constantly portrayed sympathetically, Jessie especially. It’s like they don’t think people will watch the show if they don’t have heroes to root for, Walt and Jessie are clearly not heroic yet they get made to look it.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Dogghi

бекон

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

This is one of my peeves about the show. Walt and Jessie are clearly bad people, all the stuff they have been involved in, people they have killed, lives they ruined all for greed and yet they are constantly portrayed sympathetically, Jessie especially. It’s like they don’t think people will watch the show if they don’t have heroes to root for, Walt and Jessie are clearly not heroic yet they get made to look it.

You just can’t decide who is clearly the good guy and who is the bad one, the whole series is based on this question, I mean that it is something not objective imho. You could have rallied around hank or walt+jessie before season 5, and now you can rally around walt or jessie (that now seems to be only a victim).
This is the good of Breaking Bad

Leif

Really wasn’t a fan of the penultimate ep. Walts coughing fit was a bit on the nose and Jessie is just being kept alive so he can have some big cliched finale.

This is really one of dumbest criticism I have read. Of course Gilligan has decided to keep him alive for the final, but it’s not a plot hole, there are reason in the story that motivates so, it’s not illogical.

The chemo scene was great but then the ending sort of ruined all the build up throughout the episode portraying Walt as frail and pathetic.

Personally I dont agree. It’s kinda the opposite: the whole episode describe Walt as frail, abandoned, as a man who have lost anything that he cared about, who even have to pay to have some company. Walter White, as a person, is clearly dead.
And the tv scene with Elliot and his wife confirms so, you can hear it in their speech. Now only Heisemberg remains.

Walts phonecall to Skylar would have been a perfect place to end the show imo, with him disappearing.

I agree with this and it kinda is, metaphorically speaking. With that episode dies Walter White, but then there would have been some parts of the story that dont have an ending (Jesse, the nazis).
Yet ep 14 would have been a good finale too, I guess it was just a reasonable choice of Vince Gilligan to continue the series (that I enjoy).
This episode would have been a good finale too btw.

Walt did not do all this for greed, never. He did it for his family, not for his own ego or whatever.
Of course during the different seasons you can see how is morality changes and he becomes more unscrupulous.
This doesnt make him a hero, nor a bad guy cause his purpose was very noble, and all the bad things he has done have happened because there were no other choices (save his life, dont get caught, ecc..) therefore you cant tell exactly whether he is good or bad.

Last edited by Leif,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Dogghi

[…]

You just can’t decide who is clearly the good guy and who is the bad one, the whole series is based on this question, I mean that it is something not objective imho. You could have rallied around hank or walt+jessie before season 5, and now you can rally around walt or jessie (that now seems to be only a victim).
This is the good of Breaking Bad

Yeah, real life doesn’t have good guys and bad guys, only stories. Breaking Bad is great because it’s telling a coherent story without simplifying the characters. Compare it to Dexter; it’s really easy to mess up and compromise the characters.

Cracking stuff.

doks

Game of Thrones
Suits
Breaking Bad

in no particular order…

Clark

SDCK!

The finale is perfect, all the loose ends are tied up, and most importantly it provides closure – that’s damn awesome.

evokje

WiK?

The ending was disappointing. Why did they not make Walt into a lumberjack? :(

Inuy

#sadboys

seen it live, awesome ending, even if there were no risks everything went the way it meant to, shame he *SPOILERS ->* didn’t cook the last batch / try his product or something like that, was good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »