Forum

Non cheater player about to be banned. We gotta do something !

Created 17th October 2009 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »

seraph

rEJ

Yeah, rEJ specced qlimax vs cc//2 the other day, and on mumble we all remarked that HarryHook had a suspiciously good name…

HarryHook is a good friend and I bet he is not a cheater. Why? Becouse I have been playing with him uf, a lot of months and he was one of my “TF2 teachers” :D.

Only that, HarryHook is a very good TF2 player, not a cheater. Check him again please.

skinnie

TCM

this aint wireplay ?

Bury.

internecine

Sigh, let me address a few things; if you want to target me as the person to hate, do so I don’t really give two fucks.

The demo was vs us, That one player performed absolutely fantastic on fastlane and we wanted to see the demo of the fantastic sniper skills (you should have heard our comms when he performed ridiculous shots, we were stunned)

However coincidentally that map demo didn’t rise as the demo was 30 seconds long and we couldnt see anything from it, so we watched the granary demo instead.
You might say he is a fantastic player and I’ve seen him grow up since he was a little baby and he would never do such a thing!
It’s ironic you’re stating you can’t trust leagues, but incidentally you can’t trust even your own team mates for such reasons; your blinded by the fact he is actually a rediculously immense div 2 player (lol!!)

So i submitted the demo to respected leagues and the outcome was the same across the board; don’t single out anyone when the initial post sais its a score across the board not in the favour for you guys.

So to summarise, dodgy player performs insane shots on map x, map x demo doesn’t work, submit demo y instead and the result is what it is.

Look at things with an open mind and don’t jump to conclusions cheers.

On the subject of, how can we make sure the bans are correct?:
There are ways such as software getting developed and simple plugins, but this isn’t as rosey as it seems.
In ESL you always have the people complaining about how the software required to run doesn’t always work, and you can get by it with various excuses; it’s more trouble than it’s worth considering people aren’t likely to cheat knowing they ARE being monitored… and you have all the fallout about the software problems.

You can’t keep making posts such as these either, the problem at the moment is with Wireplay, so you post on here instead ? come on please… let’s put 1 & 1 together.

These questions are better of being queried in your head “How can we trust admins?” well quite frankly you can’t “What can i do about it?” you go about it in your own way and do it quietly you don’t need to flaunt it everywhere because nobody cares and you just look a bit silly in the end.

The leagues aren’t as friendly as they should be, which makes the ban even more evident; we tried forming a unity of AC admins and it failed for various reasons which I won’t bother discussing, but it may be attempted again in the future if people learn to pull together and share the same views, but people can think what they want we can’t deter that.

Last edited by Bury.,

loksly

TBNC

I’ve played with HarryHook for 6 or 7 months, and I’m sure he isn’t a cheater.
1 question, why HarryHook is a cheater with sniper, but Jh isn’t? Both gives amazing headshots, isn’t it? (With this I’m not accusing Jh, it’s only a interesting question, I think)

skinnie

TCM

1 question, why HarryHook is a cheater with sniper, but Jh isn’t? Both gives amazing headshots, isn’t it? (With this I’m not accusing Jh, it’s only a interesting question, I think)

not rlly

Bash

I was and am friends with Payard and he still cheated, even though I could never have guessed it before it was made public. The difference is that he had the balls to admit it after being caught and didn’t throw a fit blaming everyone else for his own mistakes and didn’t create drama to make himself feel special like the spineless worms you people in this thread seem to like to align yourselves with.

Seriously, you people make yourselves look like enormous tools in this thread. I’m not saying the system is infallible or that you can’t comment on it, I’m saying that “He was my friend no way he could ever cheat!!1” is not a valid argument. “I looked at this one demo and didn’t notice anything!!1” is not a valid argument. “I’ve played pickups with him!!1” is certainly not a fucking valid argument.

Last edited by Bash,

Iller

tGa

Good point.
So HarryHook is now banned because he seems to be too good ?
Which players have the right to perform good without getting banned then ?
The players that are in div 1 and have been known to be “pro” for a long time among the community ?

People do get better.
If I were HarryHook I would be really p****d if I was getting banned after trying and practicing really hard for a long time just because some people thinks the higher div players have patent on “beeing good”.

A demo where a player shows an outstanding performace should never lead to a ban unless other more conclusive evidence is present.

Last edited by Iller,

compton

cvx|

Not commenting this case cause I have no idea about it, but in general:

I think it’s better to have a hundred cheaters go unnoticed than ban one innocent player.

Nobody likes cheaters but benefit of the doubt ftw imo. No conclusive proof -> no permabans.

It’s not like you can cheat on LAN where the money is, anyway.

Last edited by compton,

Skyride

DUCS

One demo is simply not enough to determine a cheater from. Period.

Sorry but it just isn’t. I have never played with this guy ever but from what ive heard, theres NO WHERE NEAR enough evidence to determine this person as a cheater. For that reason and the fact that ALOT of people have come said “no, i don’t think hes a cheater”, I don’t believe he is. I will watch that demo later (can’t at the moment, i’m on my laptop) but Im not expecting to see anything.

Also, this guy was apparently at a LAN, helped alot of people with tactics and performed to his typical standard… Please tell me how that hacks would be possible to go unnoticed at a LAN. Bury, If he seemed dodgy to you fair enough – especially considering the fastlane demo was unavailable – but don’t go screaming hacks to the Wireplay admins because he was pretty good.

Last edited by Skyride,

Kasuno

Deimos

fade could be cheater aswell, cause it really pwned harry every time
cmon fuck off
also i loved how he got down the sniper @ last point (3 or 4 shots missed)

i miss abra

fJack

k^m

I’ve only played against him once; there was nothing suspect about him that game. On the Granary demo he exhibited some very skillful Sniper habits and pretty consistent mouse control. Of course none of this admonishes him. I wish I could see the Fastlane demo (as I gather that would be more telling).

I don’t know if the ETF2L AC team have reviewed any evidence or even if they intend to do so. In that regard this campaign for justice seems somewhat premature.

There’s one thing I’m sure of: if I didn’t trust the admin team to make correct, well-informed and evidence-based decisions with regards to AC; I wouldn’t play in the league. Don’t read that as a “like it or lump it” sentiment, that’s my genuine opinion.

codcrille

Fresh.

Never played against him, probably never will and I’d be very surprised if wireplay admins banned him out of pure jealousy of his solid div2 skills. And guess what, people who cheat in video games usually have friends just like normal people.

Iller

tGa

Ok, I have now watched the Granary demo.

If they really don’t have any other “proof” than that demo I would encourage all serious players to leave that league.
On this demo HarryHook seems to be a typical div 3 scout, not a single suspicious movement of the crosshair. He misses a lot.
Also as sniper he misses a lot.
I have no clue how anyone even can come up with the thought that he is cheating from this.

So to summarise, dodgy player performs insane shots on map x, map x demo doesn’t work, submit demo y instead and the result is what it is.

So this Granary demo was the only “evidence” against him ?
If this was the case I wonder if the admins even have played the game themselves.

Last edited by Iller,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »