Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 64 Next »

Gaarulf

UP|

Really, stop complaining. I agree, FaN is a pain in the ass to play against, so limiting it to 1 would be okay.

It’s not overpowered, it’s annoying. If we are going to ban every new weapon because it’s annoying this game will not evolve.

I find it extremely annoying to be juggled by other soldiers, should that be a ban? Like, I can’t really move when I’m in the air, right?

eoN^

I find it extremely annoying to be juggled by other soldiers, should that be a ban? Like, I can’t really move when I’m in the air, right?

Theres a big difference, if you get bounced by a soldier you can air strafe, if you get hit by the fan you just get stuck in mid air.

N/A

RaWr ::

I would say it’s not overpowered

I would disagree, being about to do ~120 damage in one hit makes it a tad over powered as see as the second shot is almost instant and as hard to miss as a sticky bomb…

I see why its not been banned and it does add some more depth to the Scout as a class but the gun needs the damage put down a little.

The pros and cons of this weapon are as follows:

Pros:
+”Knockback on the target and shooter” this in theory is a very good feature but it has been implemented very, very badly. The FAN doesn’t have a “knockback” effect it has a “freeze” effect.
+”+50% Faster firing speed” I think this could be move down to 40% or 30% if the damage stays at the current rate (by damage im including the fact it has “+20% bullets per shot”)
+”+20% bullets per shot”

-“-10% Damage Done” This is miss leading in saying that it does less damage than the normal scatter gun as mid range and class range (dont know about long range) it actually seems to do more damage than the scattergun and the FAN also has the supposid “knockback” effect
-“-60% Clip Size”

I think Valve implemented the pros and cons idea very badly with this weapon as they have made more improvements over the scattergun than they have cons.

Think about it this way:
The Scattergun has 4 more shots than the FAN but the FAN has more bullets per shot.
The Scattergun has a slower firing speed than the FAN
The FAN has a Knockback effect.
The FAN has faster firing speed than the Scattergun.

Notice how there are more pros to having the FAN than there are cons.

This probably makes no sence as i just woke up and am writing it at 3:46 am after going to bed at 12am…

EDIT: Also I’m not saying 100% ban it I’m just saying Valve has made the same mistake they made with the Backburner when they first added it, they have given it more power than it has weaknesses and therefor they need to nerf it. The problem is they are not going to do that as the FAN (and all other TF2 weapons) are designed for public play not for competitive play. At the moment (i dont play alot of pubs but in the ones i have played in) the FAN has been used alot more than the Scattergun, as on maps like dustbowl and goldrush your movement can only get you so far which isnt far enough with all the spam on these maps. With the FAN they can just run in and 2 shot an enemy and get a point.

Wrong

eoN^

I would say it’s not overpowered

I would disagree, being about to do ~120 damage in one hit makes it a tad over powered as see as the second shot is almost instant and as hard to miss as a sticky bomb…

I see why its not been banned and it does add some more depth to the Scout as a class but the gun needs the damage put down a little.

The pros and cons of this weapon are as follows:

Pros:
+”Knockback on the target and shooter” this in theory is a very good feature but it has been implemented very, very badly. The FAN doesn’t have a “knockback” effect it has a “freeze” effect.
+”+50% Faster firing speed” I think this could be move down to 40% or 30% if the damage stays at the current rate (by damage im including the fact it has “+20% bullets per shot”)
+”+20% bullets per shot”

-“-10% Damage Done” This is miss leading in saying that it does less damage than the normal scatter gun as mid range and class range (dont know about long range) it actually seems to do more damage than the scattergun and the FAN also has the supposid “knockback” effect
-“-60% Clip Size”

I think Valve implemented the pros and cons idea very badly with this weapon as they have made more improvements over the scattergun than they have cons.

Think about it this way:
The Scattergun has 4 more shots than the FAN but the FAN has more bullets per shot.
The Scattergun has a slower firing speed than the FAN
The FAN has a Knockback effect.
The FAN has faster firing speed than the Scattergun.

Notice how there are more pros to having the FAN than there are cons.

This probably makes no sence as i just woke up and am writing it at 3:46 am after going to bed at 12am…

EDIT: Also I’m not saying 100% ban it I’m just saying Valve has made the same mistake they made with the Backburner when they first added it, they have given it more power than it has weaknesses and therefor they need to nerf it. The problem is they are not going to do that as the FAN (and all other TF2 weapons) are designed for public play not for competitive play. At the moment (i dont play alot of pubs but in the ones i have played in) the FAN has been used alot more than the Scattergun, as on maps like dustbowl and goldrush your movement can only get you so far which isnt far enough with all the spam on these maps. With the FAN they can just run in and 2 shot an enemy and get a point.

Wrong

Then correct it…

gryzor

This discussion has unfortunately very similar context of those on steamforums whining that pyro should be removed as a class. I presume you all think that sounds hilarious in your ears, I’m afraid that so does this.

Having “banned weapons” is a disgrace and tragic necessary in some cases, sandman was “banned” because it was an particular “bad idea” to introduce it mid-season. After this fallout, pretty much every other league banned it too.

Here’s to hoping sandman will be allowed in season 7 and hence having no banned weapons: *clink mugs*

Lead, do not follow.

Extremer

It doesn’t knock you back, it knocks you UP which basically stuns you momentarily.

eoN^

It doesn’t knock you back, it knocks you UP which basically stuns you momentarily.

The question is if it did knock you back (like a rocket does but probably with less force) would it be better? Would it be balanced?

gryzor

You obviously relate to 2sc2so1de1me as a defacto-standard and how weapons will impair on this formation. That’s so blatantly retarded I’m at loss of words. It’s “defacto” because it’s what works RIGHT NOW. If Valve changes the gameplay, you will have to change AROUND it, not work AGAINST it. ETF2L as a league should (and hopefully, more people than me agreeing) feel embarrassed by any kind of restrictions. If anything, breaking this ‘defacto’ up is a _GOOD THING_ in every way. If you are so limited in your gameplay you cannot comprehend the game without “defaults”, that’s not really valves or anybody elses problem, that’s yours. I have no idea why you would want to publicly spill your guts about it here though, using words as “overpowered”.

Yes, that’s a bit of offensive but come on — this kind of discussion needs to get cut at the roots. Only people complaining about weapons are those who are blatant limited in their gameplay. I already compared this thread to one on steamforums, that was a bit harsh and this even more so, please change my mind by brilliant intellectual reasoning.

Kasuno

Deimos

I didn’t read all the comments so ..

Well, imho this weapon, is very very overpowered because of the damage produced and the “stunnning” effect for one second or less.

Also when a solly jump to a scout with FAN, two shots and the solly will be back to his balcony(in bad) and he probably will die cause of the excessive damage of that weapon.

With the FAN, you can arrive more soon than the other scouts for exemple in granary and badlands. Thats a too much good advantage imo.

Also, in a 2vs2 scouts fight the pair with the FAN will probably always win because the FAN stun u and then the other scout get a nice meatshot that will cause your stupid death.

With the FAN u can get to some places faster than other scouts or just get into places that scouts with the normal Scattergun can’t get into.

So, with that reasons, i think the weapon should be banned. For the benefit of all the players, not only scouts.

mulk

oh noes i can’t adapt to anything new and im scared of it.
Therefore it shouldn’t exist.

kolox

obs.

yeah, please give me time to adapt to this new way of thinking – if you get hit once, you’re basically dead.

Other methods of bouncing and juggling in tf2 STILL LEAVE THE PLAYER WITH AN OPTION.
For example, when bounced by a soldier, you can airstrafe, you can shoot back, and he needs to have some skill to hit you again in the air, especially when airstrafing.

In this case, you’re basically frozen mid-air, so you cannot airstrafe. the second shot often happens too quickly for you to aim up and shoot (and if it doesnt you can generally only get 1 shot in), which means you’re completely at the opponent’s mercy, and can’t do anything to lessen chances of dieing.

edit: also forgot to mention that it takes very little skill to hit the 2nd FAN shot, compared to something like an airshot as soldier or demo.

gryzor

Kasuno: I respect your opinion, but, quote:

“With the FAN, you can arrive more soon than the other scouts for exemple in granary and badlands. Thats a too much good advantage imo.”

… kind of speaks for itself (It’s a _GOOD_ thing!). Those who actually has a reasonable case/reasoning for the FAN being banned (I find this hard to believe though) will probably cry right now.

Mendietaaaa

TBNC

this weapon has no sense, since it can kill an overhealed demoman with 2 shots, it can kill your medic without couldn’t do anything, these 2 points are enough to ban this fucking shit

doddsy

You obviously relate to 2sc2so1de1me as a defacto-standard and how weapons will impair on this formation. That’s so blatantly retarded I’m at loss of words. It’s “defacto” because it’s what works RIGHT NOW. If Valve changes the gameplay, you will have to change AROUND it, not work AGAINST it. ETF2L as a league should (and hopefully, more people than me agreeing) feel embarrassed by any kind of restrictions. If anything, breaking this ‘defacto’ up is a _GOOD THING_ in every way. If you are so limited in your gameplay you cannot comprehend the game without “defaults”, that’s not really valves or anybody elses problem, that’s yours. I have no idea why you would want to publicly spill your guts about it here though, using words as “overpowered”.

Yes, that’s a bit of offensive but come on — this kind of discussion needs to get cut at the roots. Only people complaining about weapons are those who are blatant limited in their gameplay. I already compared this thread to one on steamforums, that was a bit harsh and this even more so, please change my mind by brilliant intellectual reasoning.

^ Agreed

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It’s not a sidegrade, it’s a full on upgrade. It renders the soldiers rocketjump (absolutely essential to the class) useless, for one thing. This is undoubtably the worst update to effect the soldier, far worse than the self-damage. The weapon should be banned outright, like the sandman.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 64 Next »