Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 64 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

if it truly was overpowered all div1 scouts would be using it.

it is that simple.

Going by this logic I think we should ban scattergun.

going by this logic the demoman is still overpowered.

eoN^

Going by logic thats why there is 1.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The FaNs dmg @ mid-range needs a nerf. Two-shotting a 125hp scout at mid-range is just bs.

kolox

obs.

it is that simple.

You mean going by your original logic?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I never 2 shot a scout at mid range. Remember a scout has 125 HP. A scattergun shot at point blank does ~100 anyway, take a few feet from that and it’s still going to hit for ~75 damage. That still means a 2 shot. The difference between the damage of the guns at mid range allows for maybe the fan player to 2 shot from maybe, 3 feet further away. The only reason why this might occur more often is simply because the 2nd shot is easier to hit directly for the fan scout (because the 1st one can pin them).

The FaN is not better than the scattergun, nowhere near. The scattergun deals much more DPS (damage per second) (over a period of time) than the FaN however the fan deals more burst damage. If you don’t see the advantages of both of these then you need to quit now.

FaN is a hit and run weapon, you get a kill, you get out of there. Scattergun allows you to deal more damage to more players over a longer period of time. In a game where a medic can’t outheal most of the damage delt by the classes, applying constant damage to the enemy team is very important.

FaN gets the movement bonus and is able to penatrate or hold certain locations easier (spire being a clear example) but it works both ways in that same example. A FaN scout can’t jump onto the spire while shooting (he gets blown back). He has to make the jump to the spire, land, and then start shooting. By then he has probably been shot once or twice at near point blank range by the player on the spire.

Also with the Fan, you might chase down a group of weak players, and be able to kill one before you get killed (reload time). With the scattergun you could have realistically killed all of them. This has happened to me many times and it’s fustrating.

Oh and for the record. I didn’t agree with the buff for the FaN. I thought it was good enough to warrant at least me using it before that. But I don’t think the buff has too much of an effect on making it a balanced weapon. The only real different it made in terms of hits, is that a scout can now 2 shot an un-overhealed soldier, when before he would need 1 pistol hit to finish him off. You could say that it might do 1-4 more damage over certain distances, but i dont think it’s too much of an issue, the buff might cause you to win 1 or 2 fights in a game that you would have lost before.. max!

Arnold

DAKKA

it is that simple.

You mean going by your original logic?

going by my logic people that don’t have enough experience with scout and high level play shouldn’t have their opinion noted.

king_oli

hDrugs

I find scattergun much more effective against groups of players as I’ve seen 6 men downed in 6 shots, something which the FaN wouldn’t be able to do. At any rate I don’t think it’s over powered at all, it’s just a little annoying but then so are body shots and sticky traps.

Voff

nwave`

FAN is a great way to open up a totally new tactics using the scout, it is indeed a nice weapon and has it moments, but it also has major drawbacks. No ban needed imo.

Ijantis

ban the medic way too overpowered, specially ubers

codcrille

Fresh.

just nerf mid range damage and everything is fine

Funkeh

DStM

FAN is a great way to open up a totally new tactics using the scout, it is indeed a nice weapon and has it moments, but it also has major drawbacks. No ban needed imo.

/thread

Oggy

Seriously this gun needs a ban I can use it just like every other half decent player out there with aim but it’s just fucking shite.

You banned the sandman which comparing it to the fan was not even half the pain in the arse the FAN is.

At least the sandman had a timer on it and you had to actually pull off a half decent shot from range most of the time to pull it off (and it was projectile not hitscan)

Hit anyone with the first shot on the fan and they are fucked you can 2shot scouts so much easier with the fan for the ovious reasons and the same applys to the other classes.

Take badlands for one example, scout rushes under the bridge or through shithouse if you’re team are in anyway slow (this is what I’ve seen from pickups for the past 2 days) the scout can fire 2 shots at the first person out the door and he just get’s caught up in the spam etc etc etc.

It actually makes me want to stop playing.

Bun

GM

Playing some pcws with it, I would say it’s not overpowered, it’s just a pain in the ass for the team up against it.
+1 for the ban.

N/A

RaWr ::

Seriously this gun needs a ban I can use it just like every other half decent player out there with aim but it’s just fucking shite.

You banned the sandman which comparing it to the fan was not even half the pain in the arse the FAN is.

At least the sandman had a timer on it and you had to actually pull off a half decent shot from range most of the time to pull it off (and it was projectile not hitscan)

Hit anyone with the first shot on the fan and they are fucked you can 2shot scouts so much easier with the fan for the ovious reasons and the same applys to the other classes.

Take badlands for one example, scout rushes under the bridge or through shithouse if you’re team are in anyway slow (this is what I’ve seen from pickups for the past 2 days) the scout can fire 2 shots at the first person out the door and he just get’s caught up in the spam etc etc etc.

It actually makes me want to stop playing.

I don’t understand, you say it shit but needs a ban?

eoN^

I would say it’s not overpowered

I would disagree, being about to do ~120 damage in one hit makes it a tad over powered as see as the second shot is almost instant and as hard to miss as a sticky bomb…

I see why its not been banned and it does add some more depth to the Scout as a class but the gun needs the damage put down a little.

The pros and cons of this weapon are as follows:

Pros:
+”Knockback on the target and shooter” this in theory is a very good feature but it has been implemented very, very badly. The FAN doesn’t have a “knockback” effect it has a “freeze” effect.
+”+50% Faster firing speed” I think this could be move down to 40% or 30% if the damage stays at the current rate (by damage im including the fact it has “+20% bullets per shot”)
+”+20% bullets per shot”

-“-10% Damage Done” This is miss leading in saying that it does less damage than the normal scatter gun as mid range and class range (dont know about long range) it actually seems to do more damage than the scattergun and the FAN also has the supposid “knockback” effect
-“-60% Clip Size”

I think Valve implemented the pros and cons idea very badly with this weapon as they have made more improvements over the scattergun than they have cons.

Think about it this way:
The Scattergun has 4 more shots than the FAN but the FAN has more bullets per shot.
The Scattergun has a slower firing speed than the FAN
The FAN has a Knockback effect.
The FAN has faster firing speed than the Scattergun.

Notice how there are more pros to having the FAN than there are cons.

This probably makes no sence as i just woke up and am writing it at 3:46 am after going to bed at 12am…

EDIT: Also I’m not saying 100% ban it I’m just saying Valve has made the same mistake they made with the Backburner when they first added it, they have given it more power than it has weaknesses and therefor they need to nerf it. The problem is they are not going to do that as the FAN (and all other TF2 weapons) are designed for public play not for competitive play. At the moment (i dont play alot of pubs but in the ones i have played in) the FAN has been used alot more than the Scattergun, as on maps like dustbowl and goldrush your movement can only get you so far which isnt far enough with all the spam on these maps. With the FAN they can just run in and 2 shot an enemy and get a point.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 64 Next »