How to make ETF2L happy familys again - Unlocks

Created 6th May 2011 @ 19:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

In your division i’d say 1 or two max would pick “Cinnamon” so its not like you’d play it every week, if its a divisional split as you say then teams in your division will pick vanilla by default anyway?

I’m in Division 5 bro everyone plays Cinnamon – i’m down with that. So your reversed statement is a failure congrats on trying to be smart.

Also you’re assuming i’d pick Vanilla by default? No i’m in the camp of i dont give a fucking fuck and just want to play TF2 so i’d pick cinnamon by default each week then if a team would rather play vanilla they’re more than welcome.

This is not a ruleset that forces everyone to play vanilla each week, its a 50/50 vote with vanilla being the default tiebreaker as its more popular, hence it being more logical

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tikcus

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I’m in Division 5 bro everyone plays Cinnamon – i’m down with that. So your reversed statement is a failure congrats on trying to be smart.

Also you’re assuming i’d pick Vanilla by default? No i’m in the camp of i dont give a fucking fuck and just want to play TF2 so i’d pick cinnamon by default each week then if a team would rather play vanilla they’re more than welcome.

My bad for not even looking what div you play in

dauk

Quoted from Tikcus

So one team can force the other team to play without unlocks… REJECT

This was suggested before and rejected for reasons listed before, mainly if one team feels they can play with an advantage by stopping the other team using an unlock, let’s say the equalizer they will.

What you’re suggesting is what is ESL atm and has been rejected by most of the teams

If the split is really divisional
At the very least, have cin by default in div 4-6 and vanilla by default in div Prem-3, then everyone would be happy.

or like Byte previously posted all games are played vanilla, unless the other team gives them notice that they will be using cin ruleset (the other team doesn’t need to agree to cin it just has to accept it)

So pelase give me any argument why should it be cinnamon with at least one reason that your statement would’t sound the same just by switching cinnamon and vanilla words.

Last edited by dauk,

Sketch

MM

the only problem iI see is that the unlocks debate is not really a divisional thing. seems like everyone from div 5-div3 some 2 is always saying its the prem guys that want vanilla! and its the div 6 guys that want cinnamon. I rarely see any substantial amount of comments from div 6 or prem players on the subject at all!

what seems to be the case is that everyone in middle table has about a 60-40 split towards vanilla.

imo forget about bottom and top table… we need a mid table ruleset :p

TopGear

tH

Wont work tap, still has the same problems as discussed in the old thread.

How about vanilla across the board, with a team given an initial allocation of “credits” to use on unlocks. You earn more credits by winning games.

dauk

Quoted from TopGear

Wont work tap, still has the same problems as discussed in the old thread.

How about vanilla across the board, with a team given an initial allocation of “credits” to use on unlocks. You earn more credits by winning games.

thats just piece of poopoo idea. It would lead the top team deciding the game flow, when it should be decided long before the game should be played.

TopGear

tH

Quoted from dauk

[…]

thats just piece of poopoo idea. It would lead the top team deciding the game flow, when it should be decided long before the game should be played.

didnt say it was a good idea, neither are any of the other options

Last edited by TopGear,

Spira

If it’s not a good idea why bother suggesting it?

aaaaa

Quoted from Sketch

what seems to be the case is that everyone in middle table has about a 60-40 split towards vanilla.

It didn’t take long for someone to start throwing around made up statistics :d

Martn

How about, just make the whole league vanilla and then reverse the gentlemans agreement. Those checkboxes will never happen from the admin/dev side of etf2l.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Martn

How about, just make the whole league vanilla and then reverse the gentlemans agreement. Those checkboxes will never happen from the admin/dev side of etf2l.

It might happen if Spike Himself finally gets code access ;-)

ash

(Legend)
:D

CanFo for President! Spike for code access!

and +1 for Tapley ;)

Sketch

MM

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]

It didn’t take long for someone to start throwing around made up statistics :d

was going roughly off of what all the polls to date have come up with.

Martn

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
…if Spike Himself finally gets code access ;-)

Somewhere after season 10 has finished.

kaidus

WiK?

Thread needs less tickus and more admin opinions. I like this idea as it takes into account that everyone enjoyed the game before unlocks but not everyone did after unlocks. Go go.

Last edited by kaidus,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »