Forum

Why is competitive dying?

Created 25th December 2014 @ 15:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

jakeowaty

Quoted from pntn

People are saying competitive dying, but it’s most alive it could ever be now? I don’t get this logic. Maybe what people are saying by “comp is dying” is that it’s not big enough in comparision to CS scene for example.

Because with all those competitions for new players in mind TF2 is oversaturated. The numbers are fake thanks to them and it seems like TF2 has more players than ever, but in fact the quality of players is a lot worse than it was, let’s say, a few seasons ago.

doks

WALLS OF TEXT

rockie

Quoted from Kengur

[…]
you are too young to remember stuff

Implying what? TFC was a successful game? pls…

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

TL;DR version of my response:
Bullshit and consider yourself lucky, we didn’t have so many options to compete and learn competetive 2 years ago.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

Because with all those competitions for new players in mind TF2 is oversaturated. The numbers are fake thanks to them and it seems like TF2 has more players than ever, but in fact the quality of players is a lot worse than it was, let’s say, a few seasons ago.

The quality of players getting worse is a part of keeping the scene alive. If you give those players enough time to develop, they will be among us soon enough. And if you don’t, just look at what happened to Aizy in CS:GO.
He landed himself a spot on a top team, and wasn’t given time to develop: he looked promising as a pro, and now he’s on a 2nd tier semi-pro team again and doesn’t show up like he did in Dignitas.

Give it time, and it’ll get better.

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

yes yes !! when i was young everything was much better!! it really was!!

vani

Bully

♂Hey buddy, I think you’ve got the wrong door♂

http://i.imgur.com/9wH3fnU.png

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

“quality of players worse than it was ” that coming from a HL main made my day

#shots

stephen

Wow smzi rude dude

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Fisherman Mamadu

[…]

have you meet forsak3n? (playing low divs mixes). a div6 portuguese team wanted to scrim, they asked for div 5 and they got an answer from irc. when they started joining the server they were playing agains’t him and a few others high divs players. just answering his questions though, don’t get flamed plzz

oh wow, im playing div3 mixes everyday which is my real level…

retz

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/202465/
Did someone say new people are getting shit-talked? What a bunch of nonsense!

Albera

lmao

Popcorp

In order to get more players into Comp. Scene, play more pubs, see if there are any players that know basics of the game (airblast, rocket jumping, spychecking, when to uber, knowledge of trickstabs etc.) and just add them, go to your Profile, click Friends > Recently Played with and just add that player, make sure that he’s not a comp. player already, and simply talk to him about comp. Tf2, that’s what I did few times and it actually worked.

Sure that might be a bit awkward, but hey, if you really want to help out comp. tf2 to grow, instead of adding Playcomp.tf into your name, just add pubbers who have basic knowledge of the game, easy.

arc

iSlam

It always seemed to me that the lower divisions are full of shit talkers and people who take the game way too seriously.

Everyone has to start somewhere, if we don’t allow people to transition from pub to low competitive and then climb up… TF2 would be dying yeah.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »