Forum

Why is competitive dying?

Created 25th December 2014 @ 15:17

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »

Author

We keep hearing that comp. TF2 is dying all the time now, but we forget that part of the reason competitive is dying is because of us. Haven’t you thought why so many people are scared to join competitive because they think they’ll do badly? It’s because of people who go around valve servers shit-talking everyone with their professional division, that makes people think they should not even try competitive. It’s the small part of cancerous people right here that stands out for new players, it’s that part who shit-talks everyone who is not in higher division than they are. I understand that not most of people are like that, it’s that negativity against newer players really shows, how many of you have actually helped a new player get into competitive? How about be nice to someone for once in your life, and not shit-talk him when you kill him?Be nice to newer players, that’s the one of the ways to keep competitive rolling. I like that ETF2L now makes tournaments for new players only, it encourages them to play, but now people start to shit-talk guys who play in them.
– Be nice.
I’m prepared for the shit i will get for posting this, so go on.
/rant over

E : This title probably fits better
(Previously : “Competitive is dying because of you”)

Last edited by Author,

repu

preach

Hafficool

lol

LaMqTa

fenneks

I totally agree with you and to be honest thats the raw truth. In the last few months i’ve been playing with my friends mixes and been looking for ~div5ish games and all we get is players from higher division who are trolling and making it unplayable for new players.

stephen

This is true, I’ve helped a lot of new players, mentored a lot of teams and leading a team for Archimedes cup, everyone needs to chip in

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from stephen

leading a team for Archimedes cup

Oh Lord, please have mercy on those five innocent souls.
Are you going to remove them from friends list as well when one of them outdamages you in a scrim, stephen? :D

On topic, completely agree with you, Author.

Last edited by Clark,

Asaaj

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Are you going to remove them from friends list as well when one of them outdamages you in a scrim, stephen? :D

Ouch.

stephen

Quoted from Clark

[…]

On topic, completely agree with you, Author.

oh clark, why are you so mad for? i deleted you cause i think youre a prick. oh and on a sidenote i out fragged you which in highlander is more important :^)

Edit: and if we do go far atleast we wont be cheating :^)))))

Last edited by stephen,

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

whine more kid

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from stephen

[…]

oh clark, why are you so mad for? i deleted you cause i think youre a prick. oh and on a sidenote i out fragged you which in highlander is more important :^)

Edit: and if we do go far atleast we wont be cheating :^)))))

Moar, please, don’t forget to ragequit Team England again :D

stephen

Quoted from Clark

[…]

Moar, please, don’t forget to ragequit Team England again :D

dont forget to cheat in archimedes cup :^))))

jx53

probably shouldn’t get into comp in the first place if someone saying something stops you from doing it.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I’ve always said similar, and it’s true in most aspects of life: the people you meet from a community, area, or company will form your initial impression of it.

Regarding your specific point: TF2 is one of the nicest competitive communities out there on a whole. Go and play something like DotA 2, or LoL, as a noob and i’d be willing to put money on the fact you’d get a lot more abuse. Their competitive scenes are thriving. The abuse in several games put me off playing them, and i’m not alone, but they still have significantly larger player bases.

There’s unfortunately more to competitive success than nice guys. Nice guys are what keeps an old game going for longer than it otherwise would, and that’s cool, because we enjoy it. If we were at war with each other then it wouldn’t last.

Spread the love this Christmas
xo

ultimarory

(:3)

Mad cuz bad?

Meeto

But what did I do? D:

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »