Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 16th March 2009 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

BaNaNa

Teams
Team Name: infinity. (#infinity.tf2)
Languages Spoken: French, English Bulgarian (for viko our demoslut <3)
Division: not yet in etf2l but we’re top D4 / D3 level
Do you have a Server and Mumble/Ventrilo: yes, yes / yes

fishy

.:ne:.

Teams
Team Name: Death At First Sight.
Languages Spoken: English.
Division: None (missed out on signing up but probably 6)
Do you have a Server and Mumble/Ventrilo: Soon, Ventrilo.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Team Name: FakkelBrigade
Languages Spoken: Dutch, English
Active Division: div2 (sol)
Skill Level Willing To Teach: anything till div3
Do you have a Server and Mumble/Ventrilo: biggest tf2 mumble babeeh!

Haunter

Steam Name: Haunter
Language(s) Spoken: Portuguese, English
Skill Level Willing To Teach: any
Class(s) You Play (Optional): any
HOW BIG IS YOUR DICK (DUNC WANTS TO KNOW): 2cm

Geten

Steam Name: Geten
Language(s) Spoken: Swedish, English
Skill Level Willing To Teach: High
Class(s) You Play (Optional): Engineer
HOW BIG IS YOUR DICK (DUNC WANTS TO KNOW): YOUR MOM LOL

Defur

We’re in need of a mentor :]

Team Name: ¿Confusion?
Languages Spoken: Swedish/Norwegeian
Division: Were probably going to get dropped in mid div 4
Do you have a Server and Mumble/Ventrilo: We borow Faders servers and we have a ventrilo/mumble server ( we prefer mumble ).

Iller

tGa

Bump !

What is the current status of this project ?
Any Mirc channel up yet ?
Has any mentoring been taking place ?

How will the mentoring be done by the way ?
You grab a better player, enter an empty server and ask “Teach me all you know” ?
Doesn’t sound like a very good idea.
So, what is the best way to do some useful mentoring ?

I guess that It could be a good idea if the better team/player spectate the team that wants to learn and makes comment on what could be improved upon or done differently ?

If you are a complete newbie to the game i guess it would also help a lot if a better player showed you how to do different jumps and how to get to mid the fastest way and so on.

Otherwise if you are a player that wants to improve I think the best way simply is to merc for some better team.
Feel free to contact me by the way if you are a div 2 or maybe top div 3 team in need of a merc !
My ambition is to become one of the best soldiers around some day. I am very stubborn and determined (which my 1400 hours as soldier probably shows..). However, I really need to play with and learn from some better teams to be able to take my play to the next step.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

1400 hours and div5?? This lad definitely needs some mentoring!! :D

Nostalgia

“Otherwise if you are a player that wants to improve I think the best way simply is to merc for some better team”

Imho, you wouldn’t be learning a thing you would just be acustomed of being carried by a team. The important thing is to learn to communicate as a team and learn how each other plays to work on strats around that and that’s the purpose of this project from what i’ve gathered. It’s not for single players to improve but for a whole team under the guide of a more experienced player.

bice

Shoot people in the face and scream alot, that’s all there is to it.

kaidus

WiK?

And it’s that attitude that’s bought you a one way ticket to the div3 relegation playoffs. GG.

bice

You’re not very intelligent are you.

Wuff

I have to agree with Dice here.

frooker

“Imho, you wouldn’t be learning a thing you would just be acustomed of being carried by a team.”

I can’t wholly agree with you there. While I’m not eager to play together with a top team, as I’d go down in seconds, I would be very interested in listening to a Ventrilo/Mumble recording while watching the STV demo of a match. It would give a lot more insight in why each players moves in this way or another.
Maybe one of the Div2+ teams can provide such a recording as a part of this Mentor Project, more focused toward the entire Div4-6 community instead of a single clan/player.

Bury

+1
coms recording and a stv would be perfect

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »