Forum

ESEA in Europe?

Created 7th August 2012 @ 03:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

atmo

If only the top teams sign up then it would be quite different to how things work in the USA. You might get the servers and stats but you definitely wouldn’t get a LAN final, since the prize money for that comes from the lower divisions.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Is there any reason ETF2L can’t implement stats/stvs/logs that ESEA has? I mean, even without servers or a client, you could make it mandatory for teams to upload this stuff.

And then some magical code could transfer it to this website? Is that even possible?

luzik

Suoli
moog

Last edited by luzik,

AnimaL

Quoted from Ritalin

you could make it mandatory for teams to upload this stuff.

gl with that, mandatory plugins and more warnings and drops cuz servers wont be with this plugin… great idea

Skazka

ESEA would be great, it would let top teams do their best not just for medals (which we still don’t have =)). +10 to motivation.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Ritalin

Is there any reason ETF2L can’t implement stats/stvs/logs that ESEA has? I mean, even without servers or a client, you could make it mandatory for teams to upload this stuff.

And then some magical code could transfer it to this website? Is that even possible?

People can barely get screenshots together, how are they gonna do logs as well? lol

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Enef

[…]

People can barely get screenshots together, how are they gonna do logs as well? lol

stop being lazy fucks then

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Would love to see ESEA tf2 in europe, maybe etf2l will get it together then…

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I would love to see ESEA in Europe.

Once you’ve played in a league you’ve invested money into, with harsh rules and admins who spend only as much time on it as they are paid for…

You’ll get a fresh perspective on how player-friendly ETF2L really is, despite its volunteer staff dealing with fantastic amounts of abuse on a seasonal basis.

Last edited by emb,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from emb

with harsh rules

You make it sound like a bad thing?

wrock

vier

Quoted from Ritalin

it’s possible
there is a source mod plugin which do something like this, i should get source in the following week. f it still wokrs we can try to implement it in and develop a etf2l plugin
But it’ll take some time to get this into tf2 implemented

beside that it would bring up some other problems

Last edited by wrock,

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from Ritalin

Its etf2l……keep dreaming………
They can’t even force top teams to upload stv demos……

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

ESL could. But people cba.

AnimaL

Quoted from kalhó

[…]

or for players to use their names just for officials

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from emb

I would love to see ESEA in Europe.

Once you’ve played in a league you’ve invested money into, with harsh rules and admins who spend only as much time on it as they are paid for…

You’ll get a fresh perspective on how player-friendly ETF2L really is, despite its volunteer staff dealing with fantastic amounts of abuse on a seasonal basis.

First of all, ESEA is not going to be even remotely interested in conquering Europe if they would have to operate in parallel to ETF2L, on a competition basis, because Europeans are so used to playing TF2 competitively without additional payments most of them would not even consider applying. There’s literally no need to make an impression of being butthurt, be realistic.

Second of all, volunteer does not mean high quality. You can stand by your sarcastic tone and point out how people are such ungrateful pricks, but if you ever considered the consequences of your beloved harsh rules, you’d probably notice that people forced to take care of administrative duties related to their teams in order to play in the league would take a lot of weight off your backs, still be happy to play in the league, and let you focus on improving the quality of the competition. If you need other examples, look at ozfl.

You guys can whine all you want how Europeans are disorganized, but if everyone was forced to follow some proper, harsh rules, we would not have such talks.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »