Quoted from hr

[…]

[…]

[…]

[…]

fucking scout mains

konr in a nutshell

Hetzer

What exactly is wrong about utilizing the gunboats to do quick maneuvers to get behind the enemy team and attacking their rear (with your team)? And isn´t a medic worth more than a roamer and therefore, if its an easy kill, worth the suicide?

Regards, a confused roamer starter.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Nothing wrong with that, but I’m really sure that at lower levels it’s better to work a damage advantage and win the teamfight rather than suiciding, because of how rarely uber advantages are properly used.

Phnx

the thing is, low div roamers mostly think:”Let’s suicide the medic if I see him”
doesn’t matter who protects him, what is the uber situation, and the risk of failing.
so you see roamers have maybe 3 medic kills, a few kills on other classes and 25+ deaths and his dmg lower then the scouts.
and him being constantly dead gives an advantage to the enemy team.
you have to learn when you need to bomb the medic. and that is not something that you should focus on most of the game. especially on middles where your dmg is more important than bombing the medic and dying, while you can be more useful for something else.

Last edited by Phnx,

Hetzer

So its, depending on the situation, mostly okay to kamikaze the medic as long as you get the kill? Because that way your k/d is never below 1.0, and the pocket also takes some splash damage which, in combination with a team push, is very beneficial? Because i don´t really see anything wrong with that right now, unless of course it´s too dangerous to suicide in because the pocket saw you or something, i dont know. My damage is pretty much always above average so i don´t think i´m being that much of a noob.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Hetzer

So its, depending on the situation, mostly okay to kamikaze the medic as long as you get the kill? Because that way your k/d is never below 1.0, and the pocket also takes some splash damage which, in combination with a team push, is very beneficial? Because i don´t really see anything wrong with that right now, unless of course it´s too dangerous to suicide in because the pocket saw you or something, i dont know. My damage is pretty much always above average so i don´t think i´m being that much of a noob.

I think you might be misunderstanding the situations phoenix mentioned. Going for a kill on a medic at a time where your team has an uber advantage is not as good as having you alive during the push. The times when I go for medic picks are usually:

A: we lose our medic in a fight, I’m in so I try to neutralize their new uber advantage before their medic can fall back in anticipation of bombs.

B: They have an advantage, but losing me without results is an evwn bigger disadvantage to my team so this requires that I have a good idea of what to do (ask my scouts if theyve seen how the other team is positioned, try to formulate a series of jumps to get there as fast as possible/without detection etc)

C: The circumstances are right and forcing their uber early in an uber v uber situation will be beneficial for my pockets mad mge uber fighting skills (AMS is a dirty hakr)

D: viaduct or some shit and ubers are everything.

In a lot of cases it can be smarter to reinforce the flank with spam or to try to pick up kills on overextending players to give your team advantage in damage potential than to die while going for the medic at a bad time. The more you play the more you’ll get a feel for when is right.

P.S.
“Circumstances are right” in this case means the other team is unaware of your position/they telegraph their next push too hard with presence and footsteps/voice commands in an area.

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

Phnx

basically just think if you being dead for a medic pick is worth not being able to kill the classes that actually oppose threat on your team, not being able to do dmg, or hold flank.
something you’ll have to understand with more exp as you play along. just ask your self after every game, no matter if it’s a win or a lose, if the decisions you made were right at that moment. if you are not sure, ask your teamates. knowing their expectations of you will result you in becoming a more viable player for your team.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3