Forum

Team Fortress 2 FREE competitive matches *Sign ups!*

Created 1st September 2013 @ 00:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

JJ86538

Hello everyone, I’m going around posting information about this free competitive match idea I had last year and I have Finely got around to making this forum, so whats the deal? why is it free? whats the rules?

The Deal is that this will not improve any status among the competitive community and if it does it will be tiny, This is training but if it expands then this may change but for now its just for a quick player vs player games.

– Any team size is fine but it may be a while that we find another group that want to play with that same number, I recommend getting a team of 3-9 as that’s the best for team games from our perspective.

-Also yes there are hats as prizes but they are only for 9V9 games were everyone is a different class.

-The last thing is that ATM there is no server, this is so I don’t buy a server then no one responds so I loose money. I’m going to give this forum and the others I’m posting to get team captains to add me on steam, this is so that after month 1 If we have 8-10 teams that can play against each over then we can have a month tournament on the server, The server will be on for as long as we can keep it up after we launch it for the first time and will be available for anyone to take part in as long as they consult me or my college first so we can give you the hourly password (I wonder how long it will take to run out…)

Its Free because We want to watch and commentate over your games and record/ live stream them, This is planned to take our service seriously and hopefully get a company to sponsor us and then the server wont have to be shut down because we pull funding. also this means that by playing you guys are donating to the server.

The Rules depend on the games.

– The smallest games we will host will be 3v3 in a 3v3 the teams must be 1 class from each category (Support, defense and attack) and both teams are armed the same way with the same classes (So its skill over class advantage, Also it can form a rock paper scissors game, Heavy>Pyro>Spy>Heavy and so on) it is best of 3 game modes chosen randomly.

– 9V9 will be everyone as one of the classes giving the balanced team, skill over class advantage it is best of 3 game modes chosen randomly.

– 4-8 sized teams we call the Wacky zone, you can be any class you want as long as the other team has the same class chosen. but don’t worry because there will be some games where we just say “Screw it! any class you want guys!” and maybe me and my partner can join for the hell of it.

– Another rule is In game chat only, No Skype no team-speak no organised Omegle searching no nothing! This will stop dead people talking about what the enemy team is doing.

And last thing, Just enjoy it! Its a free service no one else is offering and it doesn’t need to be ruined by hacks or modifications, Just have fun and Enjoy yourselves out there!

Website and channels for this project are on standby for the same reason as the server, these things cost time and money so we need a few happy souls to add me on steam and to kick it all off.

So add me on steam (JJ86538) if your a team captain and we can get your details and keep you guys on demand for us. It will be a slow start but who will join the pioneering of this service?

Last edited by JJ86538,

Droidster

tavi

what

Quoted from Droidster

what

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]

JJ86538

For a second then I thought I had people commenting… Then I did have people commenting… YAY! now can we talk about the matter at hand? And issues need explaining?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

It is quite a wall of text you wrote there. Maybe you could just make some bullet points with the most important information?

Also: What is the name of this project and where can people find it?

JJ86538

Well I just suck at making forums but okay my good an I will get on that.

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

JJ86538

Quoted from Nuck

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Ich spreche Deutsch, Beste sag mir, was du gesagt hast, wie ich weiß nicht, was du gesagt hast

JJ86538

Quoted from CanFo

It is quite a wall of text you wrote there. Maybe you could just make some bullet points with the most important information?

Also: What is the name of this project and where can people find it?

Okay, The project has no name and I have altered the page accordingly.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t think you’ve ever looked at the competitive scene before have you. There are already team modes, and there are already many many ways for teams to play against each other for free.

Setlet

Quoted from Sideshow

I don’t think you’ve ever looked at the competitive scene before have you. There are already team modes, and there are already many many ways for teams to play against each other for free.

Yet he still managed to find ETF2L, the biggest EU TF2 League.

JJ86538

Quoted from Sideshow

I know, TBH the “its free” Explains what i’m after from all this. also I thought it would make a nice community. But this is just an idea at the moment

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

10/10 troll.

JJ86538

Quoted from Koeitje

10/10 troll.

How? Can someone please comment if I have broken some sort of rule? I read them through and this seemed okay?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »