Forum

This is kind of off topic but div2 teams..

Created 19th May 2013 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

^ This so hard.
I’ve taken bunch of pubnerds (who I didn’t even really know) with no earlier comp experience to div 4, and gone div 3 easily. The same season we advanced to div 3, we won our divs.
If you’re missing a player when you’re supposed to pcw, take a lower div player in, and go for it. The hell, he might show that he’s good at vidyan gayms, and YOU could take him in afterwards!

Last edited by Kissakala,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Dauk makes a good point.

As a medic playing div 2 PCW’s but playing div 3 league games it’s hard to find worthwhile practice away from my team and we only play a couple of nights a week.

Pickups I’m welcome in really will never help me improve, (pickup.net/lobby etc), mixing and double mixing likewise. I feel the only way I may get some worthwhile practice in is in PUG2…if that still exists, but having a penis and playing div 3 makes it unlikely I shall be accepted.

Maybe I shouldn’t just assume and go ask for a temp invite to PUG2 and see how it goes…

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Monkeh

Dauk makes a good point.

As a medic playing div 2 PCW’s but playing div 3 league games it’s hard to find worthwhile practice away from my team and we only play a couple of nights a week.

Pickups I’m welcome in really will never help me improve, (pickup.net/lobby etc), mixing and double mixing likewise. I feel the only way I may get some worthwhile practice in is in PUG2…if that still exists, but having a penis and playing div 3 makes it unlikely I shall be accepted.

Maybe I shouldn’t just assume and go ask for a temp invite to PUG2 and see how it goes…

They are always searching for medics so I think you’d be ok.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Monkeh

Dauk makes a good point.

Stop beeing a pussy replace inactive(less active) players to active so you can play as much you want/feel need to play to improve and get pcws against higher teams. So what if thei are such nice bunch of people, if thay don’t commit as much as needed to improve or don’t really care to improve as much as you do, then you are in wrong team and you should find new team that suits what you want from the game or replace people on your team. Simple enough.

Of course crying is option or then you can just fucking do something yourself about it.

tl;dr
Stop beeing a pussy.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Stop beeing a pussy replace inactive(less active) players to active so you can play as much you want/feel need to play to improve and get pcws against higher teams. So what if thei are such nice bunch of people, if thay don’t commit as much as needed to improve or don’t really care to improve as much as you do, then you are in wrong team and you should find new team that suits what you want from the game or replace people on your team. Simple enough.

Of course crying is option or then you can just fucking do something yourself about it.

tl;dr
Stop beeing a pussy.

yeah monkeh, just kick everyone and recruit better players, thats the fastest way to improve personally your own skill level. i’m sure the team will stck together long enough like all thoae div 1/2 teams that have been around for the past 5 seasons. i’m sure it will be great fun dropping all your friends that are scrubs for people that are good at the game. Or just join some random div2 team that someone makes, i’m sure you’ll play like one official and then you can tell everyone this one time you played a div2 official and tjat makes you div2.

God monkeh stop crying.

Will

1. Play a season with a nice bunch people who share the same goals as you and want to improve
2. Improve over the course of the season
3. Get promoted to the div above
4. Rinse and Repeat

Monkeh

Quoted from Limp.

tl;dr
Stop beeing a pussy.

A-ha. These guys are the best team I’ve ever played with and they’re also nice guys who’s company I enjoy. We don’t rage, we don’t blame, we discuss stuff and it’s great. I don’t want a new team and I don’t want to try to force these guys to play more and then find they get bored with TF2 and quit.

There are 10 div 2 teams. What do you think the chances are one of them needs a medic who only speaks English? What are the chances we’ll get on with each other?

I’m not super keen by any means but occasionally I would like to play a game as medic when we’re not playing as a team and it would be nice if that exercise wasn’t a waste of time.

You may wish to check my team history and see I don’t really do the team hopping thing.

Saying, ‘so what if they’re a nice bunch of people’ demonstrates our differing perspective on what’s important in how we spend our spare time.

Thanks for your input, it was a good read.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Will

1. Play a season with a nice bunch people who share the same goals as you and want to improve
2. Improve over the course of the season
3. Get promoted to the div above
4. Rinse and Repeat

1. Join TC
2. Play engineer
3. ??
4. Profit

MightyMe

UbeR |

Raiku: if you want to get experience in playing with higher skilled players, i suggest you go on irc and ask byte for a temp invite in pickup2. It’s a pickup channel especially for d2-d1-prem skilled players.
However, make sure you have the right skill to play there though.

Before I even played any season in etf2l, i played shitload of mge, dm, lobby, mix and some pickups.
MGE & DM Helps a lot to improve your aim and movement.
Playing a lot of lobbies or pickups (nowadays @ http://www.tf2pickup.net) you will learn how to play with random people more and focus on your own gameplay and anticipating on what happends. You will learn more to stay alive in certain situations and also get more experience with communicating.
After i had played quite a lot of lobbies, shitload of mge, i went to ask Byte for a temp invite for pug2. It took me weeks, maybe a month to reach him, (be patient!) but after finally convincing him to give me a 48 Hour temp invite, he allowed me to play.
He spectated me, and he was convinced enough to eventually give me a perm invite.
In this pickup2 channel, i met Skeej. At the time, he was medic in a division 1 team but they needed a soldier.
One time I added him to my friend list and just asked to trial for his team “What could you loss? Just give me 1 try, and if i am not good enough i accept that.” So i trialed and joined his team as a soldier (later changed to demo)

tl;dr practice practice practice DM + MGE, play a lot of lobbies & pickups, and ask Byte for an invite to pickup2 when you feel you are ready.
I did the same and the first division i entered was division 1. :-)

Hallow

P.O.P

it seems to me that you want experience in div2 to be able to join a team in div2. i’d say just join a div3 team and get the experience, fastest and most enjoyable way of getting experience anyway, mixes/pickups/mercing is always a bit difficult.

also lol @ limp saying monkeh should kick everyone.

Sarah

Quoted from dauk

and yet every female regardless of her skill could get a free pass.

false :(

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from Will

those people are fucking hard to find

raiku

STR

Quoted from lexs

[…]

+1

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from lexs

[…]

If you find that everyone else is hard to get along with and you are the only one that is ok, maybe the problem isn’t with everyone else.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I didn’t say start team hopping. I said if your team dosent share same goals as you the it’s maybe not right option for you or if there is people beeing inactive and stoping team to practice then just replace them. As of what I’v seen there are quite few teams who’d like to play/practice more and improve but theres always some who don’t show up and “have life” and still hang on to these players just because they are “ahh so nice guy”. If someone is not commiting then just replace him/her and get on with it. At least I don’t personaly see whats the point hanging on something that isn’t what you want.

But sure if you just play for fun and don’t really care after all its different of course.

Quoted from Enef

[…]

Also I didn’t say anything about if team is bad then just scratch them and find new one. As I said, I was talking about situation where your own goals and what you want from team and teams dont meet. Like you want to practice improve, but your team really not putting any effort to it, winnig or losing games. But you fail to understand this, not surprise, typical ignorant brit I’d like to say.

And to add that is more about team related and if talking about individual improvement and you say mixing etc don’t help I think you are focusing on wrong things then. Sure if it is lees seriuous and relaxed mix it can be hard to focus but you should be more focusing on what you are doing and your own execution and it will help regardless what skill level it is as long as you are really putting your mind in to it. +watching demos etc etc. Really there are tons of ways improve if you just do something for it like really and not just “but I play 50h week and it’s all just waste qq pls get me div2+ mixes :((“

Last edited by Limp.,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »