Forum

Skill level

Created 12th January 2013 @ 17:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

omgeveryone9

I am wondering about joining competitive tf2, but I have no idea what skill is required to play div 6 sixes or highlander and not be on the bottom of the team table all the time. My main classes are the soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, and the medic (preferred class). Please help me and if you do thank you very much

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

newbies start at div6 :)

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Why don’t start at the very lowest level? There are a few gameplay-mechanics newcomers have to learn (rollouts, kritz-gameplay, force ubers, holds, pushes, positioning) when starting with competetive TF2. If you feel like beating Divsion 6 teams is no challenge anymore, just step up.

Keep in mind that the main classes in 6s are demoman, solider, scout and medic. The other classes are used much more rarely. Highlander may makes the switch to competetive TF2 a little smoother, as all classes are played and more weapons are allowed.

svins

alus
P.O.P

Im pretty sure its mge youre looking for.

omgeveryone9

Quoted from nTraum

Why don’t start at the very lowest level? There are a few gameplay-mechanics newcomers have to learn (rollouts, kritz-gameplay, force ubers, holds, pushes, positioning) when starting with competetive TF2. If you feel like beating Divsion 6 teams is no challenge anymore, just step up.

Keep in mind that the main classes in 6s are demoman, solider, scout and medic. The other classes are used much more rarely. Highlander may makes the switch to competetive TF2 a little smoother, as all classes are played and more weapons are allowed.

That clears my doubts away. Thank you for your input. I used to have thought that div6 was way more harder than it actually is.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Come to my newbie mixes and I’ll tell you how good you are: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nlpg

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from omgeveryone9

[…]
That clears my doubts away. Thank you for your input. I used to have thought that div6 was way more harder than it actually is.

Keep in mind that if you actually only have 115 hours of TF2 and this is your main account – you might not be quite ready for comp just yet. Unless I’m just assuming things, you might have a ton of Quake experience for all I know!

Just my 2 cents

Le meme arrows

Quoted from omgeveryone9

I am wondering about joining competitive tf2, but I have no idea what skill is required to play div 6 sixes or highlander and not be on the bottom of the team table all the time. My main classes are the soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, and the medic (preferred class). Please help me and if you do thank you very much

Not much since div 6 is like playing on skial.

Quoted from omgeveryone9

[…]

I think you’re underestimating the huge leap between pubs and div 6

Drem

fgt

Quoted from nTraum

>rollouts , kritz , force ubers , holds , pushes , positioning

Dude if know these mechanics perfectly , you are prem.

Edit : Start at lobbies man , when you feel good enough start div6 mixes (there are certain steam groups such as IDK Newbie Mix , etc.) This game requires experience , it’s not something you can read and learn.

Last edited by Drem,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Don’t start with lobbies. The best start you can currently get is the American newbie mixes, regardless of ping. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/na6v6newbiemix.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Quoted from fraac

Don’t start with lobbies. The best start you can currently get is the American newbie mixes, regardless of ping. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/na6v6newbiemix.

I know a lot of people (also myself) that started with lobbies first.
In my opinion it does make the transition to actual 6v6 easier, but maybe I also had luck with not getting total shit lobbies :)

Bonus

I vote for lobbies. It was better some months ago.. lobbies these days are quite.. horrible so to say because of the company. But still enjoyable if a bit lucky. In lobbies you have the posibility to see what you are supposed to do, see what you did wrong and so on, without getting very involved in the whole comp. Join in, play a game, do bad and get yelled at. Or you can just do well and nothing happens. Just don’t play key classes like demo or medic. Play scout or roamer solly until you understand how things work. After 20 lobbies or so you will probably know how things work and where you are supposed to be on a map. From there on you can just join the cool guys at Fraac’s group for mixes. Just my opinion and pretty much how it worked out for me.

enwyze

With playing lobbies, they mean:

http://www.tf2lobby.com/

C

cp_

You can add me, if you want me to go through some maps with you and general game mechanics. :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »