Forum

Discussion: Highlander 8v8?

Created 15th September 2012 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Setlet

And you guessed which classed is going to be banned… SNIPER. Because he’s OP.

Why? Because I think snipers dominate the game too much. A really good sniper can totally rape a highlander team and he’s really hard to counter if you just have good teammates to protect you.

Spies to counter? = lol nope.avi

Other snipers to counter? = This is basically the only way to deal another sniper. But if the sniper is really good, this will be really hard.

Bombing classes to counter? = Well, usually the sniper is surrounded by a sentry, heavy, pyro, medic and other classes, so it’s pretty hard to bomb. Also, shouldn’t he bomb the medic instead? (Which is really hard as well)

A good way to counter a sniper is to wipe the teammates when the sniper is still alive. However, that will be hard, also annoying to dodge the sniper’s viewing area.

Sniper in highlander is only fun for the sniper itself. For other classes it’s annoying.

Also, now when you have only 8 players, scheduling a game is now a little bit easier :)

Why it shouldn’t be banned from 6v6 then? Well, in 6v6, you can use alternative routes because the classes have a shitload of mobility. It’s usually pretty annoying too, but not OP. I can discuss about this later on, if someone really cares.

(My highlander team in season 1 was in div4 and we were pretty average. Then we recruited arguably the best Finnish sniper, and we came 2nd in div2. He just carried us because no one could stop him beasting. Why weren’t we first? Well, our team was too heavy to be carried :D )

And btw, you can troll, flame and anything you want. Whatever suits you is fine :)

Last edited by Setlet,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

no

Blooddrunk

Nein

highlander without sniper is like windows without unnecessary errors

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

you should ban engie and pyro as well, so you just have 6 players and then also allow 2 soldiers and scouts to be picked if you want.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

So, your sniper “beasted you through” in div2 and you only won 1 game which was a default???

Or am I missing something?

almightybob

.ps

Second out of four teams, only win was a default, didn’t win a single map. Tell your sniper to beast moar because it clearly isn’t enough.

ondkaja

IKEA

lol

Setlet

Quoted from Muuki

So, your sniper “beasted you through” in div2 and you only won 1 game which was a default???

Or am I missing something?

Quoted from almightybob

Second out of four teams, only win was a default, didn’t win a single map. Tell your sniper to beast moar because it clearly isn’t enough.

Man you guys really checked that? :(

wpminnows

[PG]

highlander without heavies would be nice

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from wpminnows

highlander without heavies would be nice

lol i went back to recent posts and saw my name and i’d already forgot what i’d posted so i opened the thread again and was like ‘oh yeah my post was right’

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

The Wrangler been banned yet?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Having every class is the charm of HL, taking away one would spoil it.

1. Sir is the best sniper in Finland!
2. Good snipers and spies are multipliers but not dealbreakers. Not to mention with enough people throwing himself at a sniper, how can he not go down? He surely can’t stop a bombing solly, a scout and a sniper at the same time. Unless the rest of your team isn’t up to par, that should work*.
3. Any div lower then 1 is bad in HL since HL hasn’t really matured yet. And HL games in div 1 are even relatively bad since SNSD hasn’t really had to flex their muscles yet. This way they pretty much get by on just DM and a little bit of strats.

*Depending on map

Last edited by Crazyman,

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Setlet

And you guessed which classed is going to be banned… SNIPER. Because he’s OP.

Why? Because I think snipers dominate the game too much. A really good sniper can totally rape a highlander team and he’s really hard to counter if you just have good teammates to protect you.

Spies to counter? = lol nope.avi

Other snipers to counter? = This is basically the only way to deal another sniper. But if the sniper is really good, this will be really hard.

Bombing classes to counter? = Well, usually the sniper is surrounded by a sentry, heavy, pyro, medic and other classes, so it’s pretty hard to bomb. Also, shouldn’t he bomb the medic instead? (Which is really hard as well)

A good way to counter a sniper is to wipe the teammates when the sniper is still alive. However, that will be hard, also annoying to dodge the sniper’s viewing area.

Sniper in highlander is only fun for the sniper itself. For other classes it’s annoying.

Also, now when you have only 8 players, scheduling a game is now a little bit easier :)

Why it shouldn’t be banned from 6v6 then? Well, in 6v6, you can use alternative routes because the classes have a shitload of mobility. It’s usually pretty annoying too, but not OP. I can discuss about this later on, if someone really cares.

(My highlander team in season 1 was in div4 and we were pretty average. Then we recruited arguably the best Finnish sniper, and we came 2nd in div2. He just carried us because no one could stop him beasting. Why weren’t we first? Well, our team was too heavy to be carried :D )

And btw, you can troll, flame and anything you want. Whatever suits you is fine :)

Im just starting to think more and more that your are really mad over not being able to kill stuff because youre retardedness aggression, and now you want to ban sniper the only real fun class to play in HL not sure if mad or just bad

Battery

Solution: get a good sniper in your team

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »