Forum

Discussion: Highlander 8v8?

Created 15th September 2012 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

tasKu

e-famous

Setlet.. mitä vittua.

envy

Remove class restriction. If I want to run 3 heavies, 3 medics and 3 engineers, I should be able to do it.

Muffinz

DUBSTEP
CCP

Quoted from tasKu

Setlet.. mitä vittua.

Limp.

EPA

Are you still getting sniped after swtching from medic to demo? )))

demsii

EPA

joo Setlet, mitä vittua? mee pois sika!

gnaw

I don’t think you can constitute an element of imbalance when the class composition is the same for every team and constant. Ie. it simply becomes an asset rather than an exploit, a significant feature rather than an unfair dominion. Simply something to acknowledge when forming your roster, or choosing your division.

Setlet

Thanks for your feedback!

Even though I’m not getting not that much support (not at all), I still believe in my cause. This thread is pretty stupid because I only throw in my own opinions. I’m planning to make a much better article with other peoples opinions in it, to make it more objective, no matter if all of them bash me.

And btw, I knew this wouldn’t work out at all here in ETF2L.

Last edited by Setlet,

How do you objectify opinions? It’s either a fact or an opinion, not both.

Setlet

Quoted from Crazyman

How do you objectify opinions? It’s either a fact or an opinion, not both.

I don’t think there are facts in this case. But a lot of pro players’ opinions can maybe change the opinion of mainstream and ETF2L admins, who could then try a one night cup with 8v8 mode setting. If people don’t find it enjoyable, I will be fine. I lost.

Also, I’ve been mercing for teams like Kritzkast a lot as a sniper, and I can easily say it’s the most fun class in the game to play with (Like Tviq said). However, just like unlocks like gunboats and escape plan would be fun for the soldier in 6v6, they still should be banned. Like the sniper.

E: I can easily see why people don’ think the sniper is OP. But only 4-5 people in this thread have played against snipers like TviQ, Jukebox, SorroW, Schocky, Flippy, MInd, cookye in Highlander. Those people are the target group.

Last edited by Setlet,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I think Tapley’s idea is better, it sounds like a potentially really good metagame!

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

I don’t think there are facts in this case. But a lot of pro players’ opinions can maybe change the opinion of mainstream and ETF2L admins, who could then try a one night cup with 8v8 mode setting. If people don’t find it enjoyable, I will be fine. I lost.

Also, I’ve been mercing for teams like Kritzkast a lot as a sniper, and I can easily say it’s the most fun class in the game to play with (Like Tviq said). However, just like unlocks like gunboats and escape plan would be fun for the soldier in 6v6, they still should be banned. Like the sniper.

E: I can easily see why people don’ think the sniper is OP. But only 4-5 people in this thread have played against snipers like TviQ, Jukebox, SorroW, Schocky, Flippy, MInd, cookye in Highlander. Those people are the target group.

Same could be said of good spies …

A sniper can only do so much as you let him do. You don’t give snipers free reign, much the same as in 6v6. You make it seem like snipers are godlike machines that can’t be killed. Even good snipers can’t shoot 2 people at once.

I mean, if snipers are a problem for you in HL, you’re probably doing something wrong. Either your entire team is the wrong div, or you’re not focusing the sniper properly (or your roamers are extremely bad). Just actively deal with the snipers, it only takes 2 people, if it’s really bad, 3.

I mean, I have nothing against an 8v8 format, but making one simply due to a sniper seems like a bad idea.

Last edited by Crazyman,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I agree that sniper has a huge impact on Highlander, but…

Quoted from Hildreth

Having every class is the charm of HL, taking away one would spoil it.

Blooddrunk

Nein

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
Even good snipers can’t shoot 2 people at once.

Take Machina, with a little bit luck and skill, kill 5 people at once.

palker

Reading the title i thought you would suggest removal of spies. One class i would not miss.
This is what we do with spies around here part http://youtu.be/wqn-fANHGpg .

Quoted from Blooddrunk

[…]

Take Machina, with a little bit luck and skill, kill 5 people at once.

Lol, good point. Although I have yet to see a decent sniper use it bar for trolling :<

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »