Forum

TF2 Mentoring Stream - How to join 6v6 - Interest?

Created 8th September 2011 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

ThePledge

Hey everyone!

Over the past couple of months without any casting, I’ve been thinking about my way, my own way, of contributing to the game that I love and want to see grow steadily. I would like to close the gap between public and competitive communities, by doing something like a Day[9] Daily for TF2 – focused on producing learning content for everyone to listen to.

Before I would do any of that (I got a lot of ideas) , I need to upgrade my PC and internet connection in order to stream in a proper quality. This is why this topic is created. I’m just curious if there would be any interest in me starting my own stream, with high level casts, streams of my own matches and mentoring sessions and reviewing demos on a regular basis.

So, for the people who want a TL:DR –
I’m thinking about creating a TF2 stream to close the gap between 6v6 and public by streaming 6v6 ,mentoring teams and casting. To do this, I would need to invest financially in this. I’m curious to see if there’s any interest in me doing something like this.

Please let me know by responding in this thread. If you have any ideas or something else – just contact me on Steam or on irc (ThePledge on Qnet) .

Thanks in advance everyone,

Pledge

caned

MEAT
LEGO

pledge i’d watch you shower

wampee

cool idea :D

nvc

+1!

grimbar

There’s not nearly enough content to talk about without getting really stale and repetitive in a game like TF2. It lacks the complexity, I’d say it doesn’t warrant a financial investment.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Tbh if you could do a Day9 in the TF2 would be really neat idea.

I would love to see this work. :D

nvc

Quoted from grimbar

There’s not nearly enough content to talk about without getting really stale and repetitive in a game like TF2. It lacks the complexity, I’d say it doesn’t warrant a financial investment.

+0.5!

ThePledge

Quoted from grimbar

Personally, I feel this attitude is what the makes it all repetitive. I would be very motivated to prove you wrong if I do decide to create this stream :)
I understand your point though, and I’m sure there’s a lot more people who feel the same way.

grimbar

While I do appreciate the thoughts and enthusiasm about our beloved game, examples like QunTV show (acknowledging that it doesn’t cover the entire base of your content plans) that it gets pretty boring – if I say so myself – after every map has been showcased once.

If you can come up with regular original content for a certain amount of time that’d warrant the financial investment I’d be happy to stand corrected.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

you are probably looking for an excuse to buy a new pc, although the current one works just fine.

I do the same by buying new games all the time, that i then actually never play.
So since your way results in community contribution it is far better.

If it’s catered towards pubbers it will probably not be all that interesting for me personally, but I’d post everything you want me to on the forum of the pub-community I am a part of (TriggerHappyGamers).

Also since I’m talking to ipz a lot. I would absolutely love you sharing TF2-wisdom catered to div4ish teams.

-slate

konr

No offense intended what so ever Pledge mate, but I think it works for Day[9] purely because he’s a fucking genius when it comes to SC2, and to find anything even nearly like that in TF2 not only would we need a more complex game, but also a person to do it and that person would have to be premier without a doubt. MGE is pretty much the most you can do in this direction imo.

ThePledge

Thanks for all the responses so far! Different people with different opinions always help me shed a different light at cases like this.

To make it a little more clear for everyone – I’m looking at upgrading my CPU and memory mostly, for the cost of around 350 euros in total. With a dedicated internet line that price would be a total of about 350 (one time) + 30 euros (each month). Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I figured I’d throw the prices out there for people who were wondering.

Wiiking

sounds like a good excuse to buy a big ass computer mate :D

Thalash

wG
S-O

Would love to see this happen.

hans

I don’t want to discourage you, but when I started TF2 about 1,5 years ago there was already a shitload of information for newbies available, with guides to absolutely everything. Since then it feels like the amount of information has grown exponentially. So personally it’s hard to imagine what you’d do that isn’t already out there.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »