Forum

Help with multicore rendering.

Created 17th November 2009 @ 12:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

n00ne

Topic name kinda says it all.

So yesterday i got fed up with stutter in middle fights , only recently started to lag a bit on middle. So i tried out MCR (multicore rendering) , at first it lagged alot , but then i got a tip that i should delete everything in my steam folder except steam.exe and steamapps folder , so i did. That helped a bit , later i updated my gpu drivers , and now its almoast good enough.

But still theres this stuttering thats mostly noticable in tf2dms and pcw middle fights.
Though i dont want to turn off MCR , because i get 30 fps more now.

So , maybe someone knows a cmd or two that can help?

specs:

Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16ghz
Win Vista Home Basic 64-bit
4094mb RAM
9500 gt 512mb
Gigabyte EP31-DS3L (not sure if this is the motherboard tho)

Last edited by n00ne,

SfynX

T2P

system specs?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Does it just happen in TF2 or other games? Because if it’s stuttering while your fps & ping/loss/choke are ok I’d guess a driver issue or something.

n00ne

No , it’s only in tf2. For example , in a 32man pub , in a huge fight without MCR my fps would be around 40-50 , with MCR it never goes below 60-65 , but with MCR it stutters a bit. On a 6on6 pcw middle without MCR it would stay around 80 but occasionally i would get 5 seconds of 1fps and then it would go back to 80 again. With MCR it’s a stable 100+ and without the random 5 second lags , but has the stutter.

I know there are command that can help in this kind of situation , so I’m not just chasing something that’s not there. I think there was mat_que something something , but I’m not sure what it does.

And it couldn’t be the driver because i updated to the newest one yesterday and it took out 100% of the MCR lag and now im just left with the stuttering.

Last edited by n00ne,

SfynX

T2P

stuttering? is this on any server as well? just curious by your description.

nvc

I have that since i formatted (probably not due to this as i formatted the same OS) i have more than adequate fps yet the entire game stutters.. it’s so annoying being a scout underneath the point on badlands at the moment!

I think they have screwed something up in the last update of TF2 as it used to be fine on the same i7 system

Last edited by nvc,

n00ne

Yes , doesnt matter what server I’m on. it’s just how badly it stutters , its the worst on tf2dms

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I get similar stuttering occasionally even with a constant 200 fps.

I just chalked it down to TF2 being shit.

Last edited by klu,

Skyride

DUCS

nvc, thats actually quite useful to find the problem if you have it too. Could you list every background applictation that you know of that is running?

ZeyOrk

do you have fps drops buddy? Cause: “mat_queue_mode 2” is a temporarily solution for that, still gives you fps drop on random occasions, but it seems to work better

AnimaL

vista isnt rly confy with source engine, but since i love it, ive found a way to bypass most annoying disadvantages

1)
launch tf2 in fullscreen

2)
-high cmd line parameter (steam>tf2>properties>launch options)
my own looks like this (for 4gig ram 512mb card/high textures):

-freq 100 -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd -condebug -noborder -heapsize 1048576 -high

3)
do not exceed gpu memory limit for textures… (high for 512mb card/4gig ram) or just low if u dont want any trouble…

4)
i forgot :D

im playing with this setup and its as smooth as xp,(fuck w7)… minus the ~15-20fps thats comes from using vista aero, even in background :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

ZeyOrk

what does -freq100 do? It should be selfexplonatory :(

Last edited by ZeyOrk,

AnimaL

sets monitor frequency

Last edited by AnimaL,

ZeyOrk

ok, but does this settings help to remove away fps drops in-game?

AnimaL

frequency doesnt help to anything except ur eyes and feeling while playing

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »