Forum

Deathadder and sensitivity

Created 4th November 2009 @ 00:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Anyone had problems with the deathadder and sensitivity changing by itself?
At first I put it down to paranoia and just kept lowering the sensitivity, but tonight it really became noticeable that something is wrong.

Basically, when I start the game, sensitivity simply highers itself.
Not in the config, windows or the razer control panel. Maybe someone here has had this issue? Perhaps something to do with the drivers? Reinstalled them a few times, though.
I believe it also affects windows as it feels higher after closing the game.

Haven’t changed the usb port, on the fly sensitivity is disabled from the razer tray icon. Nothing to do with acceleration as I have tested it and done the necessary registry fixes to completely disable it.
Have tested it with a few mousepads(one brand new) so it can’t be the quality of the mat either.. Might have had the same problem with my old mx518 but not completely sure, at least it never was this drastic.

Last edited by vaxjo,

longas

Are you on w7?

Qun

GoT<3

TBH, I have the same problem. I always have taking it as some kind of placebo effect. But since more people seem to have this problem, it might be true.

eoN^

I had that, since moving to cod4 ive not experienced it once but going back to tf2 i get it again, its wierd, at first i thought it was just hand sweat but now im guessing it was something to do with how i ran TF2 or whatever, and yes, it was on windows 7 but i had already done all the registry fixes etc.

longas

I had that, since moving to cod4 ive not experienced it once but going back to tf2 i get it again, its wierd, at first i thought it was just hand sweat but now im guessing it was something to do with how i ran TF2 or whatever, and yes, it was on windows 7 but i had already done all the registry fixes etc.

I installed w7 and the problem started then back to xp and problem solved :) (and i did all the registry fixes too)

Last edited by longas,

eoN^

I installed w7 and the problem started then back to xp and problem solved :) (and i did all the registry fixes too)

The thing is its ONLY for TF2 so I dont get it… Like i never experienced it in CS:S either, only ever tf2.

PS, this was with a DB3G, DB and a Mamba.

Last edited by eoN^,

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Are you on w7?

No, but I’m switching to it soon and also changing the motherboard so HOPEFULLY this might fix it (or cause even more problems as I’ve heard about W7 :/ but it must be done)

Haven’t noticed this in any other games either, although it might go unnoticed in some games.

Last edited by vaxjo,

Smofo

Im THAT good!

This might not be helpful but, I got the same [well the ones you stated] settings as you and my sensitivity has been the same since I have the deathadder[few months] I installed their firmware and as I read from esreality: Negative/positive acceleration – This is completely resolved with firmware 1.10 or higher (current is 1.21).
Don’t know if you’ve installed the firmware? but then again I don’t think that’s it as you say it keep highering it instead of having acceleration problems.

Last edited by Smofo,

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Tried setting razer and in-game sens to 1 and just using windows sens to increase/alternate with? There’s no reason for it to work, but I’m just thinking to eliminate as many multipliers/variables as you can and ya might pinpoint something. After trying to update the firmware, obviously.

dunc

infs
dp.

I would definitely give the CPL mouse fix a go Pizza. I had the same problem on both Vista and w7 and the mouse fix sorted it on both.

edit: that’s with ze Deathadder

Last edited by dunc,

vaxjo

Hey dats!

If I remember correctly, I have the latest firmware which is 1.27 (not the drift control patch)
Going to check out the CPL mouse fix tonight. I remember skipping it and getting the Anir mouse fix instead as it was said to be ‘better’, perhaps the CPL one does something differently if it helped for you.
Might try controlling it with windows sensitivity if all else fails and work from there. Not sure how in-depth I want go with this stuff as I’m doing a complete reinstall soon, hopefully before next week.

KOVACS

Use CPL mousefix and anir’s fix just to be sure, if they both work with w7. Personally I just stick to XP because of this sort of thing.

Fanva

yeah i got a similar problem(but not using da) feels like the mouse goes from the 1400dpi i use to maxdpi(3200) or more for some sec all the fucking time, and sometimes the game just laggs out totally. and it happens all the fucking time.
and the problem is ONLY present in tf2 out off all games ive tried(tf2 and quakelive :>)
also its like it started happening a week before the w7 launch (ran w7 all way thru beta and never had a problem with anything like it until just a week before launch and now with a retail version same problem…)

done the w7 mouse acc register fix
mouse @ 5/10 as ive always had
1400dpi
1 sense ingame
all mouseacc settings off whatsoever in game and windows and firmware
logitech g9
m0re’s fps cfg

tried resetting cfg’s, tried different cfgs’s, different launch options but it wont fucking go away

starting to think its something about my rig but it worked great until recently i dont get whats going oon :( makes me rather play quakelive than tf2 thats for sure lol..

Last edited by Fanva,

fJack

k^m

never had this issue with the da, x64 vista.

Psyche

Oh I get that problem as well with razer mice on windows 7… except instead of getting higher sens, I get lower lol

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »