Created 3rd November 2009 @ 09:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Gheedz

Windows XP PRO SP3
ASUS P5N/SLI
GeForce 8800 GTS x2 (SLI)
Dual core E6600
400W power supply

I have a logitech G5 Mouse, during the game (and only during the game) it freezes, sometimes during 1sec, sometimes more. I can’t do anything, and for example, when i was firing before the freeze, it still firing during the freeze of the mouse, while i’m not pressing the +attack button.
It happens sometimes that my mouse doesn’t unfreeze, i have to plug off and in. It’s raging when i’m going to 2shot a med and my mouse freeze, i get rapped.

I think it has something to do with the power, but i’ll be glad to have some advices. Thank’s !

P.S. The problem is there since… 1mouth and a half approximatly, i’ve formated since then, the bug still there

Last edited by Gheedz,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Sounds like the typical logitech problem with mice dying. Think it has something to do with the cord, but that’s not really important. Just rma it, it’s the only option really.
Yer, what animal said, too. Test games on other engines to see if the problem persists, which would point to a problem with the mouse. You rarely notice your mouse not responding when on desktop.

Last edited by Rake,

AnimaL

make sure u dont launch tf2 on high priority

Jh

Hey dats!

logitech is usually pretty generous when it comes to replacing mice.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I had similiar problems, replaced the mouse – worked. However, I replaced it with an Optical mousem ade by Microsoft, it tends to jam up sometimes and mess up my movement with it. I am a firm believer that a decent mouse can improve you as a player dramatically.

fJack

k^m

I had similiar problems, replaced the mouse – worked. However, I replaced it with an Optical mousem ade by Microsoft, it tends to jam up sometimes and mess up my movement with it. I am a firm believer that a decent mouse can improve you as a player dramatically.

which optical mouse made by ms jammed up for you? i used my wmo for nigh on a decade with no complaints. and a decent mouse improving you as a player dramatically? nonsense. sure you can be held back by hardware but a new mouse won’t make you a div 1 player if the skill isn’t there.

Gheedz

I’ve never noticed problems on desktop. I’ll try on other engines when it will be possible ;)

Sketch

MM

which optical mouse made by ms jammed up for you? i used my wmo for nigh on a decade with no complaints. and a decent mouse improving you as a player dramatically? nonsense. sure you can be held back by hardware but a new mouse won’t make you a div 1 player if the skill isn’t there.

think ususally it helps to find a more comfortable mouse or a mouse that suits you can improve your aim because its easy for you to use. but as for high tech ultra dpi mice with crazy lazers and flashy lights… well they dont really help a lot

sgN^

TKN

I had the same problem with my Ikari, so i smashed it, and now it doesnt work at all :P

SfynX

T2P

ive gotta g5 and have absolutely no problems with it, never had this so called logitech mice freezing

Slick

Epsilon

k.

I did have exactly the same symptones with a broken mouse.

Though SLI x2 8800 GTS and not knowing how many others HDs, CDroms, frontpanels, and other stuff hooked in your UBS.. could be quite close to reaching 400 w. Depending on the quality of your 400w power supply, you shouldnt be too far from maxing it.

Anyhows, your somewhere in between 335 – 395w if you have 2 HDs, 1 DVD+-RW, 4 USB components, 6600 cpu, 8800 GTS SLI.. add anything more…and you could be having issues…

Had the same problem with my old G5 (i returned it to logitech). The problem happened only in game but the reason seems clear to me: when you play, you have much faster moves than when you’re on the internet or whatever :p

I feel your pain, mouse disconnecting during a finale on L4D …

Last edited by Peio,

Gheedz

I’ve only 1HD (SATA), 1 DVD reader, only mouse on usb ports

FADe

had my mx510 for well over 6 years and it still works perfect, I must be lucky!

destructo

I had the same problem with my Ikari, so i smashed it, and now it doesnt work at all :P

Same, just that i had razer krait :D its dead

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »