Forum

Time to upgrade my PC :D

Created 15th July 2012 @ 14:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

rockie

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

The k version is practically the same price and theres no reason to limit yourself..

yeah it’s same price, but what about the 2500k then? in some cases it performs better than the ivys and it costs something like 30€ less

if u dont want to limit yourself, it means you will overclock even a bit your cpu or not? because if you wont it’s pointless to buy the K even if it costs 1/2 euro more than the normal one

and keep ready for the future, the psu isnt a compontent that you have to change so often, tbh it’s better to buy a good psu and keep it for years, without waste more money, and re buy psus every time you change something into your pc

Last edited by rockie,

Septique

Nvm, I read wrong.

Last edited by Septique,

rockie

Quoted from Septique

Well why not get the latest tech(ivy), when there is almost no difference at all(in performance/price). It’s just my opinion and I’d get the newest one. You can’t go wrong with either 2500k or 3570k tho. Both really good processors.

yeah ivys are upgraded sandys, both powerfull cpus, but i read something about the ivy, seems they have some internal issues with the internal grease, ppl was blaming intel because they were having pretty high temp while overclocking, i dont know they may have fixed this problem, anyway atm im running a 2600k and it’s perfect no problems tons of fps in all the games and still low temps even at full load etc…

Septique

Yeah I read the same thing although the heating actually comes a problem when doing extreme overclocking or something?

But the thread is getting out of hand. I could talk about this stuff all day and night :)

rockie

Quoted from rockie

[…]

yeah ivys are upgraded sandys, both powerfull cpus, but i read something about the ivy, seems they have some internal issues with the internal grease, ppl was blaming intel because they were having pretty high temp while overclocking, i dont know they may have fixed this problem, anyway atm im running a 2600k and it’s perfect no problems tons of fps in all the games and still low temps even at full load etc…

didnt notice that you wrote the “price” :D

Last edited by rockie,

rockie

Quoted from Septique

Yeah I read the same thing although the heating actually comes a problem when doing extreme overclocking or something?

But the thread is getting out of hand. I could talk about this stuff all day and night :)

dont remember in any case they were talking bout the overclock, yeah stop going off :D

george

Quoted from Maffi

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H – Ivy Bridge
ASUS P8Z77-V LX – Ivy Bridge

ASUS P8Z77-V LX is decent motherboard (USB 3.0 ports don’t work under XP).

Last edited by george,

Squirry

nNT ≠

I found that GTX 560Ti at 200 euros, but I think would be cheaper, but I don’t know where I find because I’m spanish and cannot find cheaper in, and don’t know any shit about foreign shops. If ucould recommend me. Cheers :D

george

Quoted from Squirry

I found that GTX 560Ti at 200 euros, but I think would be cheaper, but I don’t know where I find because I’m spanish and cannot find cheaper in, and don’t know any shit about foreign shops. If ucould recommend me. Cheers :D

I’ve already send you a Spain website.

Squirry

nNT ≠

In spanish shops is more expensive than Amazon. So I’d take this in amazon.

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from george

[…]ASUS P8Z77-V LX is decent motherboard (USB 3.0 ports don’t work under XP).

Okej, then i’ll buy that motherboard. Don’t use XP ^^

Thanks for the advices :D

Squirry

nNT ≠

Well, I saw some weird settings of the Gigabyte One. So finally I decided to upgrade my PC in this.

Videocard: http://www.amazon.es/MSI-N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-OC/dp/B004K8R8AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342603652&sr=8-1
RAM: http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B004QBUL1C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d1_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=181SVFTMKHE8GGVF5D1W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=312237387&pf_rd_i=602357031

Btw, could I get use of my last RAM memory? I have Kingston 4GB, could I get only one of 4GB and use 8GB? I mean the older one + new one.

rockie

Quoted from Squirry

Well, I saw some weird settings of the Gigabyte One. So finally I decided to upgrade my PC in this.

Videocard: http://www.amazon.es/MSI-N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-OC/dp/B004K8R8AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342603652&sr=8-1
RAM: http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B004QBUL1C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d1_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=181SVFTMKHE8GGVF5D1W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=312237387&pf_rd_i=602357031

Btw, could I get use of my last RAM memory? I have Kingston 4GB, could I get only one of 4GB and use 8GB? I mean the older one + new one.

very good choice the video card, prolly the best gtx560 Ti/Oc around

bout the memories, well u need to find same exaclty model you got now, it should be the same, neither similar, just SAME or u may have bsods problem, different brand moduls may have different default voltage also they may have different timings, frequency, amount of memory, etc, so if u just want to add 4gb, be sure u buy same exaclty model that you already have.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3