Forum

Time to upgrade my PC :D

Created 15th July 2012 @ 14:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Squirry

nNT ≠

Hello guys. My birthday is coming (tomorrow, yeiii :D) and I would like to see if I could upgrade my pc, because atm is crashing so much due Ati HD5770 performance, so maybe I try to change to nVidia, anyways I would like to know if I could improve my performance, maybe upgrading RAM, Videocard…etc. I would like to offer decent streaming in nearly future and want to know how I can approach it.

Here’s my actual setup.

Core – Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Motherboard – Gigabyte P55A-UD3R
Hard Disk – W.D HDD 500 GB
RAM Memory – Kingston DDR3 4GB
Power Supply – Gybabyte Odin 720W OEM
Extra Cooler – Thermaltake Contac 29
Video Card – ATI HD5770 ASUS CORE

Max.Budget: 250 euros

PS: Atm I though in changing my videocard + upgrading RAM. What u think¿?

Cheers in advance <3

Last edited by Squirry,

george

560Ti + Corsair Vengeance 8GB (I assume that you will overclock your cpu slightly more in the future so you should definitely go with the low profile version).

Last edited by george,

Skyride

DUCS

There’s nothing really wrong with that PC. I can assure you that games are not crashing due to the performance of that PC.

I mean you COULD upgrade the graphics card but whether it’s worth it would depend on what games you want to play. Chucking it up 8GB RAM wouldn’t be a bad idea I guess.

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Skyride

There’s nothing really wrong with that PC. I can assure you that games are not crashing due to the performance of that PC.

I mean you COULD upgrade the graphics card but whether it’s worth it would depend on what games you want to play. Chucking it up 8GB RAM wouldn’t be a bad idea I guess.

yer it would be insane to upgrade your pc. mybe if you played bf3 on really high settings you mite want a GPU upgrade. if you want a performance upgrade in tf2 get a cooler that allows you to OC your i5 to 4.6Ghz or something. Would be much better value for money XX

EDIT, thort you had a i5 2500k. But still OC that cpu and your tf2 performance will increase

Last edited by DarkSlayer,

Squirry

nNT ≠

The problem is just that my pc is crashing everytime coz videocard. Sometimes stop working with strange error called “Ati Video Drive stopped working and restarted correctly” And then all the operations in the system are fucked up, like totally fragged.
I’ve had two video cards Ati, and same problem in both, so I would like to get Nvidia upgrade.

Which one you would recommend me + upgrading my ram to 6 or 8 GB. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I would like to know shops in foreign countries, because in Spain the prices are so fucking high. Cheers

george

Quoted from Squirry

Which one you would recommend me + upgrading my ram to 6 or 8 GB.

I would go with 8GB in dual channel ;) also I already recommended you a video card (scroll up).

BTW, I would like to know shops in foreign countries, because in Spain the prices are so fucking high. Cheers

http://www.amazon.es is pretty much alright

Last edited by george,

Sketch

MM

erm same specs as my pc but I upgraded graphics to an ati 6950 and 8 gb ram and an overclock @4.4 including the step up although that is fairly high for the i5 750, expect to get around 3.8-4ghz if you dont want to spend more than an hour doing it.

(yea dark 2500k will do over 5ghz if you have the cooling and the time but not the 750)

tf2 runs at a respectable 500-600 fps and go’s mental in an empty server at a constant 1600

latest games all running on high settings at smooth framerates, no mouse lag etc. I see no reason why you don’t just get a 560ti or ati 6950, put a small oc on it and add 8 gb or ram for about £40 and way hey you have a beast of a pc again

EDIT: oooor depending on budget you could have a look at ebay or something similar for a ati 5870 for around £80 and a 5970 for ~£180-200 Nvidia 480 for ~£90 or 570 for ~£150

Last edited by Sketch,

Maffi

REVERTO

There is nothing wrong with that pc, you should do fine.

Im sorry if i hijack your thread but im to lazy to do my own.

Im going to get this setup

gtx 560ti
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 GEN 3
Intel Core i5 3570K – Unlocked – Ivy Bridge
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL9

I already have a chassi, hdd, and psu.

But is a 500 wats psu enough for that setup?

Edit: im not going to overclock

Last edited by Maffi,

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Squirry

The problem is just that my pc is crashing everytime coz videocard. Sometimes stop working with strange error called “Ati Video Drive stopped working and restarted correctly” And then all the operations in the system are fucked up, like totally fragged.
I’ve had two video cards Ati, and same problem in both, so I would like to get Nvidia upgrade.

Which one you would recommend me + upgrading my ram to 6 or 8 GB. Thanks in advance.

hmm well i have a nvidea and i get that error alot so its not limited to just ATI

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

You don’t need a 720W PSU. 550W or even 500W is enough. Get a be quiet! Straight Power, they are pretty decent

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Maffi

gtx 560ti

yes maffi its plenty check out this if you are unsure http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

it states a minimum of 359w and thats with a substantial oc, you it recommends 409w for heavy load, so 450w psu is sufficient provided you dont have more than 2hdd, and 4 big case fans

Last edited by Sketch,

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

yes maffi its plenty check out this if you are unsure http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

george

Quoted from Maffi

gtx 560ti

Edit: im not going to overclock

get z77 mobo

Squirry

nNT ≠

Well, I though in buying in amazon, but I barely have any experience with this kind of shops, anyone who bought here and coudl tell me his experience? Cheers

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from george

get z77 mobo

agreed, allows better for future upgrades

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »