Forum

TF2 finally running on Ubuntu 11.10, but still have pointer and lightning proble

Created 17th December 2011 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Swedish Santa

whoa, epic de-rail.

First off – Other Windows version do not work because my Dvd-burner is crap. When I finally mastered the brasero burner, I was out of DVDs. I switched from vista to windows 7 because I upgraded everything in my computer to a i5 2500k, GTX 460 with 8gb RAM (and 1TB HDD). I had pirated copies of XP and W7 but my friend failed to burn them properly as all the DVDs I got were corrupted. When I was learning how to use Linux own burner called “brasero” I failed too and got defect windows OS. Now that I discovered my noobish mistakes, I am out of DVDs.

I am going to get a proper burned windows 7 and windows 8 “alfa” next week from a friend that is “pro” about doing this anyways. Just to be sure.

Second off – What is the big deal that I run TF2 now in Linux? It works OK now (except for the pointer flashing in the middle of the screen and player models suddently flashing in white) r_maxdlights “1” didnt work…

third off – (Off topic) I have learned how to use the terminal and many other linux features. I have discovered that Ubuntu 11.10 is vastly superior to Windows 7 in every way except gaming. I am definetly keeping Ubuntu 11.10 but I will make a partition so I can have a windows OS on it. Just to play games.

Think I am wrong? Go ahead and laugh. I AM the one laughing at your ignorance.

AnimaL

burning dvd to install os… trolol ur so year 2000

Swedish Santa

Quoted from AnimaL

burning dvd to install os… trolol ur so year 2000

My build fails to detect USB devices with windows OS in it. Ubuntu booted perfectly. Got it running within 10 min!

And yeah, btw. I boot in 13s, beat that.

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Swedish Santa

I AM the one laughing at your ignorance.

That’s nice, I think you’re a cunt too.

ups

I am going to get a proper burned windows 7 and windows 8 “alfa” next week from a friend that is “pro” about doing this anyways. Just to be sure.

I fail to understand installing an alfa version (unless we’re talking using virtualization software like VMWare or VBox just to test the new win out). Why would you do such a thing?

Think I am wrong? Go ahead and laugh. I AM the one laughing at your ignorance.

:D Drama queen.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

That’s nice, I think you’re a cunt too.

octochris

(0v0)

windows 8 “alfa”

romanian edition

Swedish Santa

Well, I say “alfa” instead of saying “windows 8 developer preview with developer tools”

But again, I have to make myself more clear than I believe.

Here is a link to what I am talking about.
http://windows8beta.com/2011/09/download-now-windows-8-developer-preview

Minds are like parachutes – the best ones are the ones who open.

AnimaL

i play tf2, beat that

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

I can do 14 seconds including getting onto mumble

antyjc

2ne1

I haven’t read the topic but I thought I would post to show my support and say that I like this line.

ups

Well, I say “alfa” instead of saying “windows 8 developer preview with developer tools”

But again, I have to make myself more clear than I believe.

That is what I meant as well, and that isn’t what I asked, so I have no idea as to why you felt the need to type that in.

It is meant for devs who wish to briefly check out the new VS / the new Expression Blend package and start building apps for metro platform.

Installing a test version meant for developers as your gaming OS does not equal being open-minded.

Swedish Santa

Quoted from ups

[…]
That is what I meant as well, and that isn’t what I asked, so I have no idea as to why you felt the need to type that in.

[…]
It is meant for devs who wish to briefly check out the new VS / the new Expression Blend package and start building apps for metro platform.

Installing a test version meant for developers as your gaming OS does not equal being open-minded.

… I haven’t made myself clear enough… I think we are talking about 2 different things so it is best we leave it just here.

Anyways, I have fixed the mayor problems now, I get 300+fps, the cursor isnt flashing anymore, fixed fps drops, etc. I have still the small problem of players models flashing in white when approaching a light.

Thanks for your support everyone, good to know that you have a site full of open-minded people, ready to help anyone when help is needed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4