Forum

TF2 finally running on Ubuntu 11.10, but still have pointer and lightning proble

Created 17th December 2011 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

Well..he says he can’t afford a operating system, then he says he have tried XP,win7 and win8 without any luck. I think you get why everyone flames him :)

How can anyone have problems getting TF2 to work on win xp or win7?

He never said he couldn’t get tf2 to work on those OS’s.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Spike Himself

yet had he been able to, he’d not be posting here.

ups

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
yet had he been able to, he’d not be posting here.

Quoted from Swedish Santa

[…]
I tried pirated XP, Vista, windows 7 and even windows 8. All of them are corrupted, the only one that works is Linux Ubuntu 11.10 OS (and works pretty good, boots in ~25s)

I assume the guy has some sort of hardware failure, and windows is quite picky when it comes to any problems with hardware during the installation. Which is why he installed ubuntu, at least thats how I understand it.

Although I personally think that if thats the case he should locate the problem with numerous diagnostic utilities out there, but hey thats just me.

Quoted from Swedish Santa

After a few days figuring out how to make tf2 working on Ubuntu, I managed to make the game running. I have 2 annoying problems that I would like to fix.

You are better off looking through other wine specific resources, rather than asking here.

Norrland3000

[…]

Maybe not in words but that’s his problem not? That he can’t get TF2 to run good in Windows OS.
If he tried 3 different Windows versions and could not get TF2 to work properly, then its not windows fault…

same story if he can’t get windows to work, not windows fault.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

Maybe not in words but that’s his problem not? That he can’t get TF2 to run good in Windows OS.

No, that is not what he said or implied.

FIR

SnG

[…]

e: nvm no need to come across as idiotic if people cant read between lines

ups

Error, Error, Speculation overload!

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from FIR

[…]
Yada yada.

I think he meant that he had tried Windows but the OS itself was corrupted (due to it being pirated), so he couldn’t install/run anything. He did not mean that TF2 was corrupted on Windows but not Ubuntu.

Please calm down.

luzik

Suoli
moog

Some serious stupidness going on in this thread. And the OP is not one of the stupid guys.

Norrland3000

[…]

Yes, if not, you can explain what he implied.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

He might have implied anything you can possibly imagine, one of those things could be that he found Windows to be an utter crap and wanted to try something else.

Norrland3000

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
He might have implied anything you can possibly imagine, one of those things could be that he found Windows to be an utter crap and wanted to try something else.

And then he got owned because he needs help getting TF2 to work properly in Ubuntu. If you are gonna play install windows, not so hard…

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

And then he got owned because he needs help getting TF2 to work properly in Ubuntu. If you are gonna play install windows, not so hard…

That’s the most ridiculous opinion about operating systems I’ve ever heard, and it’s not the first time. Just because most titles are operating system dependent, that fact itself doesn’t render his efforts to run the game on his preferred system pointless.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

Or you could just read what was said instead of randomly spouting your nonsensical opinion :D

Norrland3000

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
That’s the most ridiculous opinion about operating systems I’ve ever heard, and it’s not the first time. Just because most titles are operating system dependent, that fact itself doesn’t render his efforts to run the game on his preferred system pointless.

Why is that ridiculous? What operating system do you think work best for TF2 and has the best compatibility for TF2? Exactly Windows. It still amazes me how people would prefer Ubuntu over Windows for games?

I like Linux and use it often on my job, so don’t think i’m a windows FAN or something. I’ve also been on this road. “Yeah i’m gonna try linux with that game and that game. Then when you have spent 1week with it and maybe got it to work pretty good. You get a new game and you have to start over. In the end you install windows and everything just works. If its not you are probably doing it wrong.

And the fact that he already tried windows and failed, kinda means he wanted windows in the first place…

hugs and kisses.

[…]

Or you could just read what was said instead of randomly spouting your nonsensical opinion :D

nahh funnier with a badass opinion! You are just being boring.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »