Forum

Building a computer

Created 21st August 2011 @ 16:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

edit: i should read the whole thread before repeating what’s already been said :D

Last edited by octochris,

Azured

eureka

Quoted from CrashSite

Well I need it for LAN and I bought it a long time ago, due to complicated reasons….

Oh I see, you’re going to i43, so you only have a couple of days to get it? In that case your wording is somewhat more appropriate.

If you need it done now, you can go out to an electronics store tomorrow and pick up the correct cpu (something like a i5-2300 should be comparable, but any i3/i5/i7-2XXX (thats four numbers) should do) or motherboard (so a P55 would be comparable) and then return the one you have now.

Also, another time, run this through someone who knows what he’s doing. Building it is no problem (a bit like LEGO as the others suggested), but buying the components is where 95% of the mistakes are made. You don’t need experience to put one together, but you do need experience to find the right components to buy.

Last edited by Azured,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well, basically I can’t return it, due it was bought like 6 months ago, and lack of funds… On the other hand I would go for 3.3GHz Intel Core i5-2500K if I could…

Azured

eureka

well, quick sale on e-bay? I dunno. When did it arrive? any lawstudents here who could say if the return right is based off delivery or order date?

EDIT: Maybe you could persuade them to take it back?

The cheapest route would probably be to find a cheap/used p55 motherboard in your area.

Last edited by Azured,

hal

blah

It’s just like lego until you break your 200€ CPU trying to attach the cooler ;)

Just take an old PC apart and put it back together, then you know whether it’s hard for you. I bet there are tons of videos showing how to assemble PCs as well.

flushy

P.O.P

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18046396

and

http://www.glhf.co.uk/high/49-glhf-2500k-oc.html

FuguFish

Perilous

Not sure if anyone’s said this but I’m pretty sure the HAF is a reasonably large tower

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

“We have to admit we enjoyed our time with the HAF 912 Plus. It’s a reassuringly well built case and it was a pleasure to build a system in, though we did have to plan cable routeing and positioning a little more than in a traditional full tower case. This is always going to be a problem in a smaller case like this though and, as enthusiasts, we saw it as an interesting challenge rather than a chore. It’s very satisfying to make a neatly cabled, good looking system in a small chassis like this.”

Bit tech. That is what I was going off.

Sketch

MM

but you bought parts without asking anyone? but you asked how to put it together? what the fuck?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Used the bit tech guide, was not aware of the incompatibility of the mobo and processor, should have checked first as the processor was bought well before the rest of the build.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from CrashSite

Used the bit tech guide, was not aware of the incompatibility of the mobo and processor, should have checked first as the processor was bought well before the rest of the build.

One of lifes lessons indeed. For next time make it easy on yourself – Buy a CPU/Mobo/Ram bundle from overclockers.co.uk they’ll even over clock it for you aswell to a safe cloking speed, so better performance and peace of mind! Its not *that* much more expensive either.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

nvc

Am i missing something..? You bought a PC over 6 months ago and are only just building it now?! What’s wrong with you!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Due to rather embarrassing reasons, the processor was bought well before the rest of the build, mobo only arrived last week, which was last part.

Ramown

TIDS

I watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yer955E7T6w
And pretty much figured the rest out.

I did spend like 2 months asking people what to buy though.

CU@Lan oololololololololololololololololol

Azured

eureka

Quoted from CrashSite

Due to rather embarrassing reasons, the processor was bought well before the rest of the build, mobo only arrived last week, which was last part.

then you could just return the motherboard and buy a p55 (lga1156) motherboard.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »