Forum

Annoying connection/lagg issue...

Created 4th July 2011 @ 21:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

huhystah

No one is able to help? :(

AnimaL

Quoted from huhystah

High ping on mumble and at the same time having high ping jumping on tf2 servers. Also it starts around 19 CET and finishes off at around 22 CET.

there is no driver/hardware/os issue that might be causing u to lag at spike hrs

phone ur isp and ask em to fix their shit

or if it is os, then why not just dual boot to xp

Last edited by AnimaL,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Update:

Not getting this on LAN but I am at home, so I think it might be wireless. But this isn’t a problem that has happened often. So I’m thinking there is a solution :/

AnimaL

sure there is – get new isp

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Update:

Not getting this on LAN but I am at home, so I think it might be wireless. But this isn’t a problem that has happened often. So I’m thinking there is a solution :/

The only fix I can suggest is getting an ethernet cable.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

The only fix I can suggest is getting an ethernet cable.

Agreed. If you are on wireless then I suggest you try plugging in a ethernet cable onto the router and see if your connectivity problem is solved. Huhy also on wireless?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’ve got a 30m Ethernet cable on its way, but I think the problem will persist even with it, I will plug my PC downstairs later on today and see if I’m right.

The main reason behind me thinking this is because I don’t get this problem in BC2, at all. I will try out L4D, CSS etc. today and see if it happens on those games as well, but I know it also happens on DODS so it leads me to believe that it’s something with Source and Steam.

Anyway I got an email back from Valve and they sent me this mail:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:Program FilesSteam (this is the default location for a Steam installation – if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue persists, make sure your network is optimized for Steam:

This didn’t fix the issue for me but any others that have a similar problem might want to try this out too.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Still getting this, seems like it’s a lot of choke being involved as well just after a spike.

At the moment it’s becoming rather unbearable, playing is becoming very very stressful, I don’t think I can play until this is fixed.

I will pass on some information just in case someone else gets this issue and one of these methods fix it…

Click the Start button, then “Run” (or Windows key + R)

Type in:

msconfig

Choose “Selective Startup”

Uncheck the box labeled “Load Startup Items”.

Now, click on the “Services” tab.

Please make sure the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box *is* checked.

Then, click “Disable All”.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, please re-check the “Steam Client Service” as this is required for Steam to function on these operating systems.

Click “OK” and allow your computer to restart.

Test the issue and let us know the results. This is for diagnostic purposes only. You should not leave your computer in this state, but it may help us determine the cause of the issue.

To set the system back to normal, launch msconfig again and choose “normal startup”, close the window and restart your computer.

If the issue persists, please *temporarily* uninstall (not disable) all Spybot Search & Destroy software and re-test the issue.

Also, creating a steam shortcut to load steam, and adding -tcp in the launch options can help for some people also, but not for me :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3