Forum

Annoying connection/lagg issue...

Created 4th July 2011 @ 21:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Ok, for the past few days I’ve been getting slight connection drops, I’ll be doing a rollout and my game will just stop and then continue, I think I had it a while back but I’m not to sure.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559787428423690476/2CC01654FA61003B819C72930F1384B67A39BFEB/

There is a SS of my problem (net graph), every 15 seconds it will just stop, sometimes it’s very frequent, other times it can stop for 5 minutes but that rarely happens.

Was just wondering if someone had a similar problem or know of a problem going around since the updates.

And ffs can someone move this to support?

Sketch

MM

i have had stuttering where the game freezes since the updates. also massive fps drops

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Ok, I’m still getting this problem and it’s getting rather frustrating, I will try and give as much information as I can as I cannot play TF2 whilst this problem still exists…

Specs:
Intel Core i5 (Sandybridge) @3.30GHz
4GB RAM
MSI ATI Radeon HD 5850 Twin FrozR II 1024MB
Seagate Barracude 500GB

I run TF2 with either low dx8, max quality dx9 and dx9 frames, the problem remains with them all throughout, I use the net settings that come with Chris’s fps configs but I have also tried using the settings for bad net but the problem persists.

I don’t get this problem in Bad Company 2, if I do it’s minimal (twice every hour), in DODS I get a similar problem but it happens less (once every 10 minutes), I have turned off the steam overlay, cloud, friends and mumble plays no roll.

I have also reinstalled TF2 and the problem is still there but less frequent but the time outs last longer (1-2 seconds).

I use a wireless connection as well but this problem has only happened since last Saturday, I have tried doing the cafe rate stuff.

If anyone can find a solution to my problem I will be forever thankful. I have to play Sunday :(

huhystah

I think so i’ve got the same problem, when my pings goes up to like 100 + or more then everything stops for a few seconds or i start teleporting and then it stops. After few minutes the same story happens again.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

My ping stays the same but the choke goes up to 20-30, I’m trying to find out if it’s actually an internet problem, PC problem or just a steam/TF2 issue.

huhystah

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

My ping stays the same but the choke goes up to 20-30, I’m trying to find out if it’s actually an internet problem, PC problem or just a steam/TF2 issue.

Hm, i see. Well maybe someone knows a solution to my problem then too, its something similliar

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Bump, still getting this :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ3Ac

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

nvc

unlucky

p.s. i found this part amusing: “I don’t get this problem in Bad Company 2, if I do it’s minimal (twice every hour)”

Last edited by nvc,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

But it could not be directly related to the TF2 problem :D Might be the server instead.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Ok, I think a problem could be a recent windows update, as that’s the last major thing that happened on my PC in terms of installs, is there anyway to roll back updates at all?

Jammi

Im having some annoying lag spikes too + my ping has gone up to 100-120 to every single server i`ve connected.
Tried pinging some servers in germany and England. The ping was a stable 50-60-70ms, i dont get why tf2 is lagging.

huhystah

Quoted from Jammi

Im having some annoying lag spikes too + my ping has gone up to 100-120 to every single server i`ve connected.
Tried pinging some servers in germany and England. The ping was a stable 50-60-70ms, i dont get why tf2 is lagging.

yup, same here

insanity

Quoted from Jammi

Have the same problems on most pub servers. The ping on the scoreboard is stable, but goes up to 150-200 in netgraph all the time.

Go to your library -> TF2 -> Properties -> Verify integrity of game cache & defragment cache files. Usually fixes it for me for a few hours.

huhystah

bump. I dont really want to create new thread so my problem is:

Whenever i join any TF2 server, i start getting some strange spikes when my ping goes up and everything freezes, basically i start teleporting when lagging. Mumble spikes too when i get those strange freezes, my net is fine and it happend after i installed windows 7.

Halp :(

Last edited by huhystah,

AnimaL

Quoted from huhystah

bump. I dont really want to create new thread so my problem is:

Whenever i join any TF2 server, i start getting some strange spikes when my ping goes up and everything freezes, basically i start teleporting when lagging. Mumble spikes too when i get those strange freezes, my net is fine and it happend after i installed windows 7.

Halp :(

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043281&highlight=Multimedia+Class+Scheduler

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »