Forum

Massive connection issues (BT)

Created 29th March 2011 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

When discussing ISPs, remember 2 things:

1) Most people say “oh yeah x is good and y is terrible” based on like, their own experience with the ISP and lmaybe a friend or 2. It’s not like they really know much more than you do, they just like to sound like they do.

2) Just because an ISP is terrible in one particular area, it doesn’t mean they are overall a bad ISP. I.e. BT and Virgin both have pretty great service where I live (based on what I know being “the computer guy” to an awful lot of people), and Sky – despite having great service once its up – are a nightmare to get installed.

Virgin’s cable technology is genuinely superior to every other ISP’s ADSL/ADSL2 system. They can both be very good or very bad, there’s a just a higher chance of it being very bad with DSL.

Anyways, getting that out the way, if you have a problem, phone them up and keep harassing them till its sorted. If you start talking about potentially canceling, you usually will get through to customer support.

p.s. the area I live in should be getting 100mbit fibre later this year. HA!

Last edited by Skyride,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Sky Broadband is awesome, its actually unlimited downloads, no fair usage, no peak time bullshit, download as much as you want whenever.
It’s also really cheap

AnimaL

everyone should just move to live with skyride

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Skyride

p.s. the area I live in should be getting 100mbit fibre later this year. HA!

boom same.

throttling and limiting bandwidth no matter how slow the connection is to being with

only in britain

possible also africa

toasty.

PHX

Skyride,

Where abouts do you find out what the plans are for your area?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from toasty.

Skyride,

Where abouts do you find out what the plans are for your area?

atm, It’s just 3 particular areas in the UK where it’s definitely get installed. Dundee, Bournmouth and somewhere else in England.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

BT are terrible in my area, whereas Virgin, Sky (and pretty much everyone else) is fine. The fastest speed you can get in my area is 8.8mb :|

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

You can check the fibre availability by going to the BT infinity page and entering your phone number: http://bt.com/infinity

Croydon apparently is expected to have it tomorrow.. somewhat doubt that, though.

Last edited by fuo,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from fuo

You can check the fibre availability by going to the BT infinity page and entering your phone number: http://bt.com/infinity

Croydon apparently is expected to have it tomorrow.. somewhat doubt that, though.

My area isn’t even supposed to get Infinity at all according to that link!

FADe

^^ You probably live in a shit hole then, like me.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I don’t find the speed the problem, cos I live in London, but I don’t think you should be allowed to advertise unlimited broadband if you get dial-up speeds at peak hours :(

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from CrashSite

I don’t find the speed the problem, cos I live in London, but I don’t think you should be allowed to advertise unlimited broadband if you get dial-up speeds at peak hours :(

Location isn’t the only factor really, I can drive into London in about 35-40 minutes, but still I don’t have BT Infinity for some reason.

LikeThis

Quoted from Permzilla

The fastest speed you can get in my area is 8.8mb :|

Blazingly fast!

Up here in Cumbria we have faster sheep than our internet.

Edd

T2P

got 0.5mb internet :|

“no plans to upgrade your area”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »